Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Salvaggio ties it at 2!!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Wyse scores first NCAA goal!' 'Cats 3-2

Comment

4-2 'Cats!!! I normally hate being wrong but not tonight. Well played UNH! TyK with a 3 point night clutch saves by DT.
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-10-2017, 08:23 PM.

Comment

One small lineup change tonight as Nazarian and BvR swap spots. Don't look at it as a demotion for BvR as he was probably moved down to help Vela/Miller. Based on records/previous play I think we caught UVM a bit asleep tonight, good to see them take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
            One small lineup change tonight as Nazarian and BvR swap spots. Don't look at it as a demotion for BvR as he was probably moved down to help Vela/Miller. Based on records/previous play I think we caught UVM a bit asleep tonight, good to see them take advantage of it.
            Thanks for pointing that out; I had a tough time making out the feed haha. Still no Maller out there or did I miss that too? Really close at the end with that missed opp for VT but we will take it. At least we seemed to play a more complete game than we have been playing. Gotta bring same game tomorrow night.

Comment

"UNH Snaps Losing Streak, Downs #15 UVM 4-2"

Includes video highlights.
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Thanks for pointing that out; I had a tough time making out the feed haha. Still no Maller out there or did I miss that too? Really close at the end with that missed opp for VT but we will take it. At least we seemed to play a more complete game than we have been playing. Gotta bring same game tomorrow night.
                Yes, Maller still out. Third pairing was Dawson/Nonis who played a minimal role as the third pairing has been. The 4th line of Hill/Cefalu (Sheffalu according to the UVM broadcasters)/Fregona saw more time than the 4th line has been seeing lately. No points to show for it but a decent outing by that grouping with no major breakdowns/mistakes.

Missed Salvaggio's goal, seeing it now as a 3 on 1 and he took the shot low and away. He is either going to get the goal or get a decent rebound out of it, 17 goals this season to match Grasso's total.

Comment

Huge win for the 'Cats last night. Don't rule out a sweep for tonight's game. As Felger pointed out, UVM has hit a rough patch recently themselves, and they managed to blow a 2-0 lead last night. So the Catamounts' confidence is pretty shaky ... and if UNH can jump out early in this one, UVM might start squeezing their sticks a little too tightly, and it could turn into a rout. Chalk that up to the annual WIS "Off the Grid Prediction of the Year".

... not to mention another W tonight would be a huge boost for The Quest.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Predictions:

Saturday (Feb. 4th): UNH 1 @ UMass Lowell 4
                    Friday (Feb. 10th): UNH 3 @ UVM 5
                    Saturday (Feb. 11th): UNH 4 @ UVM 2
                    Right score, wrong day. Still sticking with the updated (blowout) sweep prediction for tonight though.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                      Yes, Maller still out. Third pairing was Dawson/Nonis who played a minimal role as the third pairing has been. The 4th line of Hill/Cefalu (Sheffalu according to the UVM broadcasters)/Fregona saw more time than the 4th line has been seeing lately. No points to show for it but a decent outing by that grouping with no major breakdowns/mistakes.

Missed Salvaggio's goal, seeing it now as a 3 on 1 and he took the shot low and away. He is either going to get the goal or get a decent rebound out of it, 17 goals this season to match Grasso's total.
                      Thanks for the update....I had turned off the announcers and the UNH feed was ahead of the feed so I took my chances!! Maybe Maller plays tonight but I get the feeling they are holding him back for the BU series maybe. Salvaggio has a wicked shot...nice to see him get another one. If we can find a decent playmaker (could it be Charlie K?) next year we will be ok. But anyway here's hoping we can push it again tonight...the points are sooo critical!! One more thing...kudos to the coaching staff for making adjustments in the offense and we looked tighter on D. Helps out the Quest, ya know.
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-11-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Right score, wrong day. Still sticking with the updated (blowout) sweep prediction for tonight though.
                        I wasn't feeling real confident about picking up any points this weekend but nice win for the Wildcats. Hope you're right about the sweep!
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Bad game for the team overall but how is Tirone still in the game after the soft goals he has let in tonight. Getting beat on clean shots, on his back half the game. Mr Hyde is back!

Comment

Vermont's uniforms, woof. Cheap beer league jerseys with vertical side stripes and a horrible logo. More side stripes on socks that also feature logos and numbers on the front. Quite possibly the worst uniforms to ever see a DI game...
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Vermont's uniforms, woof. Cheap beer league jerseys with vertical side stripes and a horrible logo. More side stripes on socks that also feature logos and numbers on the front. Quite possibly the worst uniforms to ever see a DI game...
                              Ever see the Dartmouth throwbacks? They look like green convicts.

edit:https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...86951971812798

edit part 2: didn't realize I was linking to a story, this worked even better than expected
                              Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 02-11-2017, 08:14 PM.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                                Ever see the Dartmouth throwbacks? They look like green convicts.

edit:https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...86951971812798

edit part 2: didn't realize I was linking to a story, this worked even better than expected
                                Yeah, I don't care for those DC jerseys either, but these UVM outfits (the jerseys also boast no names and tiny numbers) look like cheap, ugly practice uniforms. I'll try to find pictures later...
                                Last edited by Dan; 02-11-2017, 08:25 PM.
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X