Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Yes!

Clearly not PP material, will likely have a "C" or an "A" on his sweater next year.
    Early buzz around my people (haha) say Cam Marks wears the "C" and Sal / Eiserman don 'A's'
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Early buzz around my people (haha) say Cam Marks wears the "C" and Sal / Eiserman don 'A's'
      Jesus how brutal would it be that a 6th defenseman wears the C. Almost as bad as last year with MacDonald as a captain who was really a 5th line forward

Observations of first 10 at UML

1. Great concessions and beer much better than Lake Whit
      2. A 5-3 power play, there is no reason 2 guys should be playing pass behind the net. Even UNH students can figure 2 behind net leaves 3-3 out front

3. UNH gives up a goal again after scoring
      Last edited by norbert; 02-04-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
        Jesus how brutal would it be that a 6th defenseman wears the C. Almost as bad as last year with MacDonald as a captain who was really a 5th line forward

2. A 5-3 power play, there is no reason 2 guys should be playing pass behind the net. Even UNH students can figure 2 behind net leaves 3-3 out front

Give me empty net and 6 skaters or Clark. Don't care if he had his arm amputated can't be worse. 2nd goal DT looked like he was hit by a taser. Stay in the net **** it!

Comment

Brutal second period outshot at least 17-3... ugly undisciplined play.

Comment

Give me empty net and 6 skaters or Clark. Don't care if he had his arm amputated can't be worse. 2nd goal DT looked like he was hit by a taser. Stay in the net **** it!
            Is this guy free for a couple games? Maybe a 10 day contract

http://68.media.tumblr.com/0ea176db1db2ec706910535b54ace89b/tumblr_ndix9zTHiz1rcb0d2o1_400.jpg

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Cleland with the laser!! 3-2

Comment

Is this guy free for a couple games? Maybe a 10 day contract

http://68.media.tumblr.com/0ea176db1db2ec706910535b54ace89b/tumblr_ndix9zTHiz1rcb0d2o1_400.jpg
                Gooooooldberrrrrrrrrg

Comment

Cleland with the laser!! 3-2
                  Cleland with a penalty, a minus, and poor defense 6-2. So glad I traveled for this

Comment

Originally posted by norbert View Post
                    Cleland with a penalty, a minus, and poor defense 6-2. So glad I traveled for this
                    You mean it wasn't worth the trip to see a couple more power play goals?
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Oh my....reminiscent of two years ago here. Uncle Normies boys came to play.
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-05-2017, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                        Six games left. Can they hang on and home ice for the first playoff round? Could come down to the last game against UConn. Pretty pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          I have seen the 2nd half slides for many years now but this is beyond any of those. This is as brutal a stretch as I have ever seen. Tirone looks completely lost. Either he is out of position (If coaches are reading this watch the tape, he is leaning forward angled down, not up right square to a shooter) or left alone by his team.

What I do not get is that after all the bad games, tonight Goldberg, I mean Clark finally gets tossed into the fire. Why now?

The unfortunate part is that there is some effort out there. Vela has played really well the past couple of weeks, Hill has given his usual effort for being on the 4th line (only 2 guys who probably have any hits), and some younger guys playing both sides of the puck.

Post Fenway record and for the rest of the season I see, 1-10-1 or 1-9-2. A win at home against UConn for senior night and maybe a tie in Vermont. That's it. I am praying for 9th or worse so I do not have to buy any more tickets.

I am still irritated with the 5-3 from tonight. Even though they scored 2 guys behind the goal line passing to each other behind the net is horrible on ice decisions. The little kids who played intermission could defend that.

The so called first line needs to be broken up and Vela given more ice time. Big, fast, and plays the body. Give him a little more talent and see what he can do. What is there to lose? Not more games.

Comment

Houston we have a problem! We've tried to ignore it but it's still not going away!
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              Houston we have a problem! We've tried to ignore it but it's still not going away!
                              Sigh. Where's Tom Hanks when you need him? I never leave games early but started the walk out with about 10 to go before they out in Clarky. Reading the Union Leader story was amazed that we have been outscored 27-12 the past few games (really shouldn't have been I guess) . Got a real good look too sitting directly behind the goal and while UML had a couple of beautiful goals most went uncontested as we left guys open all over the place. (Stop me if you've heard this one before)

It was painfully obvious who came to play and who didn't but even that said UML is a well disciplined team with strong players that's pretty much the long and short of it.

Shaking up the line up...is it time to put Vela or Grasso in the top line? We lack depth as we all know...at this point it's like changing deck chairs on the Titanic. Sorry to be so negative but hey just come to play already 'Cats.

Seems like Deja Vu...S.O.S. !!!

Comment

Sigh. Where's Tom Hanks when you need him? I never leave games early but started the walk out with about 10 to go before they out in Clarky. Reading the Union Leader story was amazed that we have been outscored 27-12 the past few games (really shouldn't have been I guess) . Got a real good look too sitting directly behind the goal and while UML had a couple of beautiful goals most went uncontested as we left guys open all over the place. (Stop me if you've heard this one before)

It was painfully obvious who came to play and who didn't but even that said UML is a well disciplined team with strong players that's pretty much the long and short of it.

Shaking up the line up...is it time to put Vela or Grasso in the top line? We lack depth as we all know...at this point it's like changing deck chairs on the Titanic. Sorry to be so negative but hey just come to play already 'Cats.

Seems like Deja Vu...S.O.S. !!!
                                As fans, we're in steerage and have no control. S.O.S indeed!
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X