Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Nailed tonight's prediction ... until Grasso had to go and spoil things with the ENG.

Nothing to lose Saturday night. Go for broke, get the sweep, and things may start to get a little exciting!
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Two more wins similar to last night's and unbridled optimism reigns again. The second line deservedly started the 2nd and 3rd periods, the first and 3rd lines played great and the 4th played well although ice time diminished as the game progressed. Eiserman's work on the 4th goal was fantastic. The sobering perspective is that NU is 1-8-2 HEA, 7-10-4 overall.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        Two more wins similar to last night's and unbridled optimism reigns again. The second line deservedly started the 2nd and 3rd periods, the first and 3rd lines played great and the 4th played well although ice time diminished as the game progressed. Eiserman's work on the 4th goal was fantastic. The sobering perspective is that NU is 1-8-2 HEA, 7-10-4 overall.
        Oh absolutely right on with this comment Darius, esp. about the work by Eiserman! What I loved most was that UNH just dug in and refused to quit. Gritty play...and love the energy the 2nd line brought last night. TyK took his knocks and we managed to get some odd man rushes that really paid off! Nice to see Maller back on the ice.

Anyway, I saw the same thing at the Brown game...once we put it together (and yes I realize the opponent) we played very well. Personally I'm not looking at Saturday as a gauge to how we are progressing due to the ice, rink conditions (and will not blame them if we lose) per se...but a win and 2 more HE points would be nice! Am thinking we can do some damage tho if we can pull 60 full mins... I have a feeling it's gonna be a grudge match for sure...go 'Cats!!!

Will be at the UNH fan reception between games and hope to see some of you there if you are going...PS wildcatdc my sister went to the game with me her first since 'lively snively' back in the day when she was a student there circa 1977 ish and had a great time; we especially enjoyed the sky box passes
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-13-2017, 01:36 PM.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

It's HE Game Day and all through the Park...
          We're hoping to make those Husky Dogs Bark!

...and that's all I got. See you at Fenway!! Park that is. Where you can't see a thing and freeze your tail off.

HR's game day prediction:
          UNH 3 NU 2

Go 'Cats!!!
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Fenway!! Park Where P.T. Barnum is proved prescient
            fyp
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Is there any way to still get into the UNH fan reception tonight? Are walk ups welcome?

Comment

• Originally posted by emily422 View Post
                Is there any way to still get into the UNH fan reception tonight? Are walk ups welcome?
                When I registered I didn't get any kind of confirmation did you try to get in and got refused? There's a Facebook page I'll check it out...
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Just saw on Facebook that registration is closed but walk ins are welcome!!
                  Go 'Cats!!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Be aware that if you are coming into watch the first game you won't be allowed re entry to attend the pregame!!

Turns out we have amazing seats with a great view!!
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-14-2017, 11:52 AM.
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Where are your seats Hockey Ref?

Comment

Where are your seats Hockey Ref?
                        We are in right field roof box seats 25 there are a ton open over here great view of the entire rink..
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          We are in right field roof box seats 25 there are a ton open over here great view of the entire rink..
                          Will you folks be using binoculars or a telescope, HR?

Go 'Cats!!
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            Will you folks be using binoculars or a telescope, HR?

Go 'Cats!!
                            No actually it's a great place to be really... now if we can just get the win!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef
                              Well we will take the 3 points on the weekend. Felt our top line was pretty much thwarted all weekend as you'd expect. Glad Maine kept UConn from getting 2 more HE points. Enjoyed the experience! Go Pats!!
                              A win would have been nice but I'm okay with the hard fought tie!
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                No actually it's a great place to be really... now if we can just get the win!
                                From the looks of your pictures, I think you had some pretty good seats. Much better than what I endured in my FF experience a few years back.

The ice conditions looked atrocious by late in the 3rd. Looked like Nordic skiing. The puck moved at true pond hockey speed.

3-point weekend. I'm happy.
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X