Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Yeah, you're an idiot.

Fourth road game in eight days on a big sheet against a rested team. That's not an excuse, it's the fact of the situation. Lowell came out and ran UNH's show for the first 8-10 minutes and got the only two goals they'd need. Wall bailed them out of a sluggish second and they picked it back up in third.

Don't worry, you'll get your chance to the Tsongas Center in February and show Lowell just how lucky they were last night.
    Apparently I have offended the sensitivities of our good friends from the South. My sincerest apologies if I offended anyone. Apparently opinions are no longer tolerated on this board. You guys have every right to whine about your schedule and the big sheet of ice. Last time I checked you won the game. Try winning with some dignity!
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      I don't see any excuses about Lowell poor play either here or at the Lowell thread.
      He reads minds
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        As you may be aware from checking the UNH threads from time to time ... some folks on here strongly believe that if UNH has more SOG's than their opponent, yet manages to lose the game anyway, then UNH has been unlucky, and their victorious opponents were just plain lucky to "get outta Dodge with the W" (or so to speak).

IIRC when Lowell heavily outshot UNH at Tsongas last year but lost, "luck" wasn't cited by those folks.

Make of that what you will. Personally, I've always been in the "give me the lead and you can have the SOG's, and I'll take my chances" camp. I thought Lowell played the perfect road game last night under the circumstances.

And while we'll never be able to prove it (either way) ... if UNH had managed to equalize at some point, I suspect Lowell would have just dug deeper to find a winner.

Winning teams usually find a way to win against mediocre teams. That's what makes them winners.

Mediocre teams usually find a way not to win close games against better teams. That's what makes them mediocre.

Obviously there are exceptions both ways, and that's why those are called "upsets".

UML has become a consistently winning program in recent years. UNH has become a mediocre program.

Not that complicated.
        Chuck, your epistles are getting increasingly worrisome!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Chuck, your epistles are getting increasingly worrisome!
          I know.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
            As Lowell fans we have zero right to question other teams banners, given our own debacle in the rafters
            At least our banners have the correct years and don't claim non-existent championships.

Yes, Lowell used to consolidate the DI appearances and then went overboard with unnecessary extra banners. I really hope they start to consolidate in the future as it looks ridiculous.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Winning teams usually find a way to win against mediocre teams. That's what makes them winners.

Mediocre teams usually find a way not to win close games against better teams. That's what makes them mediocre.
              Correct. Like in the last few minutes when UNH could not get anything going offensively, even at the most desperate time of the game. On ASN/NESN, TC commented on Tirone's inability to communicate with the bench about leaving the net for an extra attacker, that UNH wasted time not getting the extra attacker on the ice. My take is coach Umile was not confident that the 'cats could control the puck for more that 20 - 30 seconds, pulling DT with 90 seconds remaining was far more likely to result in an ENG than an EAG.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                What (if anything) prevents UNH from putting up a separate ECAC banner for those pre-HE titles?

What do they do at BU (5), BC (2), NU (1) and/or PC (1) to reflect their pre-HE ECAC tourney titles?
                The women's banner lists, and differentiates, the EAIAW and ECAC titles on the same banner. Think they'd follow that template with the men's banners? Nah, couldn't be bothered.
                Last edited by ClOuD 9; 01-08-2017, 02:45 PM.
                "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

After some "small iceitis' Vela roofs one but goal is taken away...goal tender interference...
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Souza knows this Brown team well, as he recruited most of the upperclassmen.
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

Two in a row!! McNick (PP) and seconds later Salavaggio!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Annndddd BvR makes it 3! TyK gets another pt Nice slapper from the point!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Grasso nets his 12th the season in the PP with McNick and TyK getting the assists 5-1 'Cats (4 puts for TyK and 3 for McNick) 3 for 3 on PP!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Where was I? Oh yeah Jamie Hill (called Hull by the announcer) gets one off a hard shot by Eiserman 7-1 'Cats
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Adam Lazzarro comes in for DT 7-3 UNH 1:30 left..and Brown gets one but the 'Cats pull it out....

'Cats go 4 for 5 on PP TyK picks up 5 pts with the win!
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-08-2017, 05:12 PM.
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Haven't seen the box score but we probably won SOG too! Haha. I know how important it is to Chuckie for UNH to keep the shots to a minimum!

Comment

Working...
                                X