PDA

View Full Version : UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

riverchief1
01-07-2017, 08:32 AM
What (if anything) prevents UNH from putting up a separate ECAC banner for those pre-HE titles?

What do they do at BU (5), BC (2), NU (1) and/or PC (1) to reflect their pre-HE ECAC tourney titles?

Does UVM do something in Gutterson's rafters to honor their single RS "Cleary Cup" title ('96)? :confused:

I figured that's what those two dates were, ECAC. Why wouldn't UNH put up ECAC banners, reflects past success of program pre-HE. Don't know what the others do but I bet they don't put up banners with non-existent HE championship dates on them. LOL

riverchief1
01-07-2017, 08:37 AM
I don't see any excuses about Lowell poor play either here or at the Lowell thread. :confused:

Agreed, unless me reinforcing Chuck's observation about Lowell's recent schedule perhaps leading to them being a little tired last night constitutes an laughable excuse, that's a pretty good stretch. I guess players maybe being tired doesn't lead to a reduced level of play? I always thought that being tired sometimes affects one's ability to perform at their normal level.

UML Puck Hawk
01-07-2017, 08:56 AM
I guess players maybe being tired doesn't lead to a reduced level of play? I always thought that being tired sometimes affects one's ability to perform at their normal level.

See 2016 hockey east championship game. Or if you're like me, pretend it never happened

riverchief1
01-07-2017, 09:13 AM
See 2016 hockey east championship game. Or if you're like me, pretend it never happened

Yup. They were spent after a 3OT game that took 4:21 to play.

HockeyRef
01-07-2017, 11:09 AM
UML lucky to get outta Dodge with a W! The excuses for UML's poor performance are laughable!

Top line had a long night I thought...and agree with the slow start UNH brought to the game. The early play looked frantic, pucks/passes into skates. But I am encouraged by most of the play of the night and could care less if UML was tired or whatever. Interesting line shakes ups wonder what tonight brings. I do like what I saw from Nonis..he and Wyse seemed to step up as I felt Cleland struggled. A 60 min effort by the 'Cats should've / could've made the diff and we didn't have that unfortunately!

kdiff77
01-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Today's game is postponed until tomorrow because of the storm.

e.cat
01-07-2017, 11:18 AM
UML lucky to get outta Dodge with a W! The excuses for UML's poor performance are laughable!

Oh you know, they had "tired legs" and their schedule has been daunting!

e.cat
01-07-2017, 11:22 AM
I figured that's what those two dates were, ECAC. Why wouldn't UNH put up ECAC banners, reflects past success of program pre-HE. Don't know what the others do but I bet they don't put up banners with non-existent HE championship dates on them. LOL

They used to have an ECAC banner I think. They ran out of room for all those banners though and had to consolidate;)

e.cat
01-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Top line had a long night I thought...and agree with the slow start UNH brought to the game. The early play looked frantic, pucks/passes into skates. But I am encouraged by most of the play of the night and could care less if UML was tired or whatever. Interesting line shakes ups wonder what tonight brings. I do like what I saw from Nonis..he and Wyse seemed to step up as I felt Cleland struggled. A 60 min effort by the 'Cats should've / could've made the diff and we didn't have that unfortunately!

Watched the game on TV and they mentioned Nonis'name a lot IIRC. Of course Caron wouldn't shut his pie hole the whole night so I had to mute the sound so I may have missed some props!

UMLFan
01-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Do you not believe that four games in 8 days, all on the road (Hanover, Troy and Durham), and then playing on an Olympic ice sheet would affect a team? Especially when they're playing a team that's only on their second in 8?

boblav1
01-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Do you not believe that four games in 8 days, all on the road (Hanover, Troy and Durham), and then playing on an Olympic ice sheet would affect a team? Especially when they're playing a team that's only on their second in 8?

That was a 6 day road trip for Lowell going from the Dartmouth tournament to RPI for their Tuesday night game. I would imagine they didn't get back to Lowell until early Wednesday morning.

UML Puck Hawk
01-07-2017, 01:10 PM

Won the game. 6th hardest schedule in the country. You're out of cupcakes bud.

HockeyRef
01-07-2017, 01:21 PM
That was a 6 day road trip for Lowell going from the Dartmouth tournament to RPI for their Tuesday night game. I would imagine they didn't get back to Lowell until early Wednesday morning.

Ok bottom line UNH could not/ did not take advantage of this as we could not get out of the gate/certain players had a so-so night (imho). Of course if the 'Cats HAD managed to squeak it out what would've been the UML excuse? Whatever. UML gets props for taking care of business but UNH had some good stuff hopefully going forward. And we have one more "cupcake" left in the shelf and the team gets an extra day off so let's see what the 'Cats do with it. Agree with Chuck it's a must win.

Personally I was glad to see we held our own but still know who had the upper hand. Now trying to decide if I'm heading to Brown or not..

UMLFan
01-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Ok bottom line UNH could not/ did not take advantage of this as we could not get out of the gate/certain players had lousy night (imho). Of course if the 'Cats HAD managed to squeak it out what would've been the UML excuse? Whatever. UML gets props for taking care of business but UNH had some good stuff hopefully going forward. And we have one more "cupcake" left in the shelf and the team gets an extra day off so let's see what the 'Cats do with it. Agree with Chuck it's a must win.

Personally I was glad to see we held our own but still know who had the upper hand. No one will care anyway deep into March when one team is still playing and one is not. Sigh....
Not trying to take anything away from UNH. Thought they played really hard, and was worried they'd wind up winning the game. Definitely controlled the second, and was happily surprised to see Lowell match up a bit better in the third.

FWIW, if Lowell had lost, I'd have said the same thing. 4 in 8 isn't easy (with travel), no matter which team it is.

UML Puck Hawk
01-07-2017, 01:28 PM
I'd say unh was better than I thought

HockeyRef
01-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Not trying to take anything away from UNH. Thought they played really hard, and was worried they'd wind up winning the game. Definitely controlled the second, and was happily surprised to see Lowell match up a bit better in the third.

FWIW, if Lowell had lost, I'd have said the same thing. 4 in 8 isn't easy (with travel), no matter which team it is.

I hear that...guess am just lamenting we had our chances...good luck the rest of the way.

boblav1
01-07-2017, 01:43 PM
I'd say unh was better than I thought

Lowell better do a better job with that freshmen line in the rematch.

e.cat
01-07-2017, 03:32 PM

Any preference on what kind of cheese you might like?;) haha

Patronick
01-07-2017, 03:50 PM

Yeah, you're an idiot.

Fourth road game in eight days on a big sheet against a rested team. That's not an excuse, it's the fact of the situation. Lowell came out and ran UNH's show for the first 8-10 minutes and got the only two goals they'd need. Wall bailed them out of a sluggish second and they picked it back up in third.

Don't worry, you'll get your chance to the Tsongas Center in February and show Lowell just how lucky they were last night. :rolleyes:

Patronick
01-07-2017, 03:53 PM
And can a UNH fan explain why the two HE banners have UNH claiming a tournament title in 1979 and a regular season title in 1974 when the league didn't start play until 1984?

As Lowell fans we have zero right to question other teams banners, given our own debacle in the rafters :o