Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    ... and with D-3 Wheelock on their way next, the carnage could be even worse next time.
    Honestly, why is Marty dumbing down the OOC schedules for BB and hockey? There is only a downside to doing this as shown by this years hockey results. It's one thing to lose to North Dakota 5-1. Losing to Bentley by the same score is not a positive in the recruiting effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
      For your information I have been a UNH fan for a very long time. You also need to get a grip and realize my post was lighthearted. You need to hang up your skates....
      Given the vitriol and psychoanalysis spewed in Umile's direction the last couple of years, I never assume "lighthearted" comments when his name is mentioned. Maybe a smiley face would have given me a clue.

Comment

A quote from Greg Ambose (AKA Bill Clinton) Early November 2016
        A "lighthearted" comment no doubt?

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
          As did I. Perhaps all of them with 4-5 exceptions. 90% of the away games too. I have some cred also. One difference is that I continue to attend. Just because i don't have 1000 posts doesn't mean I am ignorant. Did you make the welcome home after the overtime loss to Maine. It was at 12 midnight that Sunday when they returned to Durham. I respect your history and know you are a fan, but I will continue to attend and hope. And this is the only team I can speculate at the present time.
          I continue to attend as well, most home games, many away games. But I live in Lynn and am not inclined to drive an hour to watch some college kids drag themselves off a bus at midnight. As a matter of fact, even if I lived in Durham I wouldn't do that. If that is your measuring stick of team loyalty, congratulations, you win.
          Last edited by Greg Ambrose; 12-22-2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
            Given the vitriol and psychoanalysis spewed in Umile's direction the last couple of years, I never assume "lighthearted" comments when his name is mentioned. Maybe a smiley face would have given me a clue.
            It was meant to be lighthearted. The fact remains Umile has over stayed his welcome. 😀

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              I sure am glad you are better at recognizing weak leagues and not specific teams! Lest I would have been "sorely disappointed" at Ford Field in 2010!!
              Whose the best team in HE this year? BC, correct? How does this team stack up to, you said it, the 2010 team which was a wagon? Not very well I would guess, but you tell me.

Comment

A "lighthearted" comment no doubt?
                Not really....

Comment

Honestly, why is Marty dumbing down the OOC schedules for BB and hockey? There is only a downside to doing this as shown by this years hockey results. It's one thing to lose to North Dakota 5-1. Losing to Bentley by the same score is not a positive in the recruiting effort.
                  You're a big fan, you should know why. Pretty obvious to me and most others who populate this board.

Comment

You're a big fan, you should know why. Pretty obvious to me and most others who populate this board.
                    Run out of prune juice??? I know the answer. I just find it incredulous that he is doing it. BTW, Nick from BC owns you....😀
                    Last edited by scoreboard; 12-22-2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Top college picks for hockey for one thing; the competition to land the best out there has to be enormous and the players have more than just a few 'hockey schools' to choose from as the sport has grown has it not? Avenues to get to the college game, avenues to play elsewhere instead of college; this is what I am referring to. Not all roads lead to UNH hockey as they once might have. (See below)

Those of you who have been with this for eons; you tell me why we landed players 10/20 years ago that we don't today. It can't ALL be the coaches fault... The impression I've gotten reading this board for the 3 plus years I have was that top, highly sought players once FLOCKED to UNH...not so anymore and while the downward spiral has been slow (?) it has picked up exponentially in the past 4/5 years having not been "Regional Ready"....

I'll end by saying I will be the first to tell you that my knowledge of this kind of thing is not extensive and I am not pretending otherwise. I base this on what I've gleaned by reading about recruiting and how it goes down these days as opposed to the past. Sorry you won't get much more than that from me, and as always, I welcome the info/education.
                      Dan got here sooner and with a more complete answer but I'll echo the part about for every Union/UML that has risen there's a CC (Peter Sejna) and Maine that has fallen off.
                      I went home with a waitress the way I always do
                      How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                        Word on the street is that a few Patriot and Ivy basketball teams bailed out at the last moment .... and fill-ins had to be found??

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post
                          Word on the street is that a few Patriot and Ivy basketball teams bailed out at the last moment .... and fill-ins had to be found??
                          That would make sense of the BB schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                            Good job Felger. That made me laugh. Does DW have a hockey team? If they do I bet they will be on the schedule next year.
                            I don't know what I found more comical Wednesday night. The UNH-DW game, or the fact that Boston College hosted a game at the Mohegan Sun Arena
                            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Run out of prune juice??? I know the answer. I just find it incredulous that he is doing it. BTW, Nick from BC owns you....😀
                              I thought you did. BTW, you gonna be at the Whit when they come of the bus next Friday? Make sure you give props to DU.
                              Last edited by Greg Ambrose; 12-22-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I thought you did. BTW, you gonna be at the Whit when they come of the bus next Friday? Make sure you give props to DU.
                                Your comprehension level on my posts is not good. Go back and look at them. I'm not impressed with the team as of now. My first game at Snively was in 1972.

Comment

Working...
                                X