• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 USA Hockey Women's Winter Training Camp Roster Set

Article: http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_ar...rer_id=2339681

Roster: http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show/2978054
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Re: 2016 USA Hockey Women's Winter Training Camp Roster Set

Any clue why the odd number of forwards? 12 D would make 2 sets of 6 but 20 F makes 3 sets of 3 + 1 spare and 5 G . . . why not invite 4 more F and have 2 balanced squads (except for that 5th minder)?

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      Any clue why the odd number of forwards? 12 D would make 2 sets of 6 but 20 F makes 3 sets of 3 + 1 spare and 5 G . . . why not invite 4 more F and have 2 balanced squads (except for that 5th minder)?
      It is nice to see some of the younger girls (Dunne,Ryan,Pannek,Rooney,Zumwinkle) get a chance to play on a bigger stage. I think womens hockey should follow what the USA womens soccer team is doing by replacing some of the cagey vets with the kids.

Comment

I completely agree. Its time for some new blood. If they are only giving a couple of new girls a chance, we may never see some of the great players that completely deserve the chance who have been omitted. But many times it is easier to choose from the same group of talented players instead of scouting a little broader. I just wish there was more effort put into looking at these girls.
        Originally posted by brokentwig View Post
        It is nice to see some of the younger girls (Dunne,Ryan,Pannek,Rooney,Zumwinkle) get a chance to play on a bigger stage. I think womens hockey should follow what the USA womens soccer team is doing by replacing some of the cagey vets with the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
          I completely agree. Its time for some new blood. If they are only giving a couple of new girls a chance, we may never see some of the great players that completely deserve the chance who have been omitted. But many times it is easier to choose from the same group of talented players instead of scouting a little broader. I just wish there was more effort put into looking at these girls.
          I totally agree with you. I posted my views on the U18 thread by mistake. I'm baffled by the fact that every time the USA announces their roster it's the same people more or less from the same teams more or less (Minnesota, Wisconsin and BC). Now that Minnesota is showing some cracks in their game because they may not have the same talent than last year it should give USA some pause and think that maybe some players look good because of who's around them and that other players from other teams may be just as good or even better. I think the offensive side is pretty well taken care of with the players they have. But the D side is where your comments resonate with me. Time for new blood. I still wonder how they make their choices as I know stats aren't everything but when you look at the top Ds in the NCAA and in particular the tough WCHA Morin is top in many of the categories yet straight down to Wisconsins Ryan they go. I am not saying Ryan shouldn't be there but it's an example of how it seems that the top picks come from specific schools only and that's not good for the sport. Dunne is the exception but she already centralized with the Olympic tryout team so she's in just as Keller is in. It was just a matter of getting healthy again IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeysbest View Post
            I totally agree with you. I posted my views on the U18 thread by mistake. I'm baffled by the fact that every time the USA announces their roster it's the same people more or less from the same teams more or less (Minnesota, Wisconsin and BC). Now that Minnesota is showing some cracks in their game because they may not have the same talent than last year it should give USA some pause and think that maybe some players look good because of who's around them and that other players from other teams may be just as good or even better. I think the offensive side is pretty well taken care of with the players they have. But the D side is where your comments resonate with me. Time for new blood. I still wonder how they make their choices as I know stats aren't everything but when you look at the top Ds in the NCAA and in particular the tough WCHA Morin is top in many of the categories yet straight down to Wisconsins Ryan they go. I am not saying Ryan shouldn't be there but it's an example of how it seems that the top picks come from specific schools only and that's not good for the sport. Dunne is the exception but she already centralized with the Olympic tryout team so she's in just as Keller is in. It was just a matter of getting healthy again IMO
            So, who would you leave off the roster, and why? Which defensemen have underperformed?
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

CAYLA BARNES yo!

http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/sh...al-team-roster
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Reminder that the USA-Canada game will be shown live tomorrow on NBCSN. Game starts at 4:30pm ET.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Reminder that the USA-Canada game will be shown live tomorrow on NBCSN. Game starts at 4:30pm ET.
                  DVR is all set!

Dani C didn't make the roster, will she be healthy for the second half of the season?
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Dani C didn't make the roster, will she be healthy for the second half of the season?
                    That was announced at the same time that it was announced that she wouldn't play last week. At this point, we really have no idea what her status is going forward.

Comment

Excellent, thanks for this
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Just for fun, Ray Ferraro and Cammi Granato should do the commentary.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

USA played like doggy doo doo. Rob Stauber is the the coach!?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            USA played like doggy doo doo. Rob Stauber is the the coach!?
                            Rob runs a goalie school & works with many goalies including some in the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                              Rob runs a goalie school & works with many goalies including some in the NHL.
                              He may be good with goalies, but the F and D couldn't connect on a pass to save their lives.

Comment

Working...
                              X