2016 USA Hockey Women's Winter Training Camp Roster Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 USA Hockey Women's Winter Training Camp Roster Set

Blackbeard, thanks for that free link. I had no trouble expanding the view to full screen.
    THINK PINK
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

So how does this work for girls in HS or College in 2017? Do they train at their colleges or do they skip a year to train with USA this year if invited? How many girls train with the USA team before the 20 roster cut?

What about Barns and Zumwinkle situation? Do they skip the 2017 season to train if invited? Then redshirt/skip in 2021 season? Their names will be around these boards for a long time then.
      Pass the puck

Comment

^^
        Google Anne Pankowski

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
          ^^
          Google Anne Pankowski
          And tack on a redshirt injury and you get the Amanda Kessel 7 year college journey.....

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
            And tack on a redshirt injury and you get the Amanda Kessel 7 year college journey.....
            I'm guessing you went to one of the state schools out east
            surely an Ivy product ( or a product of one of the Ivy wanna bees) would have better reading and math skills
            it would be a shame to think all that money your parents spent was wasted

Comment

I'm guessing you went to one of the state schools out east
              surely an Ivy product ( or a product of one of the Ivy wanna bees) would have better reading and math skills
              it would be a shame to think all that money your parents spent was wasted
              To be fair to this poster, (somewhat of a new years resolution ) this is what I was reading from the post. In the context of the question asked about Barnes and Zumwinkle, Pankowski was mentioned. Pankowski could very likely miss 2 years for Olympics plus play 4 years of college for a total of 6 years and if she would happen to have an injury during Olympics or college eligibility resulting in a redshirt injury year, you then could possibly have the "7 year experience". I don't think the poster is saying specifically Kessel's was a 7 year experience (as it actually was 6) but I think the potential addition of an injury redshirt is what defines it as the "Kessel" experience.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                To be fair to this poster, (somewhat of a new years resolution ) this is what I was reading from the post. In the context of the question asked about Barnes and Zumwinkle, Pankowski was mentioned. Pankowski could very likely miss 2 years for Olympics plus play 4 years of college for a total of 6 years and if she would happen to have an injury during Olympics or college eligibility resulting in a redshirt injury year, you then could possibly have the "7 year experience". I don't think the poster is saying specifically Kessel's was a 7 year experience (as it actually was 6) but I think the potential addition of an injury redshirt is what defines it as the "Kessel" experience.
                are you trying to become a spin doctor for the next election cycle?

a players eligibility doesn't start until they attend, so a player going from HS to the Olympic tryouts and/or team wouldn't need to red shirt unless they attend school fall or spring semester of the Olympic year
                I don't believe Pankowski did, so if she is part of the Olympic team next year and red shirts as a consequence, she will only be a fifth year senior (but it will be 6 years after leaving HS), and if she were to miss her senior year because of injury, and play the next, it would be 6, not 7 years

Badger fans make a big deal out of Kessel returning to finish out her eligibility last year, it was all within the rules, but conveniently forget that both Pankowski and Desbiens played a year after HS before starting with the Badgers, not that I am saying there is anything wrong with that, but why is the Kessel situation somehow unfair and the Badger players situation fine and dandy?

Comment

are you trying to become a spin doctor for the next election cycle?

a players eligibility doesn't start until they attend, so a player going from HS to the Olympic tryouts and/or team wouldn't need to red shirt unless they attend school fall or spring semester of the Olympic year
                  I don't believe Pankowski did, so if she is part of the Olympic team next year and red shirts as a consequence, she will only be a fifth year senior (but it will be 6 years after leaving HS), and if she were to miss her senior year because of injury, and play the next, it would be 6, not 7 years

Badger fans make a big deal out of Kessel returning to finish out her eligibility last year, it was all within the rules, but conveniently forget that both Pankowski and Desbiens played a year after HS before starting with the Badgers, not that I am saying there is anything wrong with that, but why is the Kessel situation somehow unfair and the Badger players situation fine and dandy?
                  I'll blame it on overthinking the thing and trying to keep a new year's resolution to be nicer to folks (even folks out east).
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    I'll blame it on overthinking the thing and trying to keep a new year's resolution to be nicer to folks (even folks out east).
                    Hahaha good luck with that!
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Badger fans make a big deal out of %$#&@ returning to finish out her eligibility last year, it was all within the rules, but conveniently forget that both Pankowski and Desbiens played a year after HS before starting with the Badgers, not that I am saying there is anything wrong with that, but why is the Kessel situation somehow unfair and the Badger players situation fine and dandy?
                      I am not aware of ARD playing a year after HS before coming to UW. Fill me in.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        As memory sometimes fails, plus I don’t have time to do the search, and Je ne comprends pas le français.
                        It is my understanding Quebec only has 11 years of primary and secondary education, and she turned nineteen the spring in the year before attending school at Madison.
                        Birth dates might help, all of the Gopher seniors are a year younger than Desbiens (and in fact younger than Pankowski) even Stecklein is a couple weeks younger, who of course red shirted due to the Olympics, and started college a year before. So I’ll leave you to figure it out. It really isn’t my point anyway, nor do I think it matters.

Given that a few Badgers could potentially face the same situation as Kessel, I’d think you Badger fans would just drop it ( besides, it reeks of whining) and be thankful that if the situation happens to one of your players, they’ll be able to finish out their college carreers too, and not be robbed of an opportunity due to circumstances beyond their control.

Comment

She was playing boys hockey. Wisconsin was recruiting her, but she wasn't ready to commit at first. I got the sense that it wasn't that she needed more time on the ice, but she wasn't quite ready for the culture shock that awaited her by packing up her life and moving to the U.S. where people talk funny.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Kinda sad that Gopher fans know more about your team than you do, in't it.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              She was playing boys hockey. Wisconsin was recruiting her, but she wasn't ready to commit at first. I got the sense that it wasn't that she needed more time on the ice, but she wasn't quite ready for the culture shock that awaited her by packing up her life and moving to Wisconsin where people talk funny.
                              fixed your post

if WI wins the conference or NCAA title in Rolfes 5th year of college play(she has a red shirt for last year right?), will it make the win illegitimate?
                              and since Parker is in her 5th year, the Gopher loss to BU should be vacated as well

no, all legitimate by NCAA rules

Comment

As memory sometimes fails, plus I don’t have time to do the search, and Je ne comprends pas le français.
                                It is my understanding Quebec only has 11 years of primary and secondary education, and she turned nineteen the spring in the year before attending school at Madison.
                                Birth dates might help, all of the Gopher seniors are a year younger than Desbiens (and in fact younger than Pankowski) even Stecklein is a couple weeks younger, who of course red shirted due to the Olympics, and started college a year before. So I’ll leave you to figure it out. It really isn’t my point anyway, nor do I think it matters.

Given that a few Badgers could potentially face the same situation as Kessel, I’d think you Badger fans would just drop it ( besides, it reeks of whining) and be thankful that if the situation happens to one of your players, they’ll be able to finish out their college carreers too, and not be robbed of an opportunity due to circumstances beyond their control.
                                Yes, in Quebec you graduate from high school after grade 11. Then you usually attend CEGEP for two years, followed by three years of University if you stay in Quebec. If you want to leave Quebec for University or College, then you attend only one year of CEGEP (or I suppose two years if you wanted as well). CEGEP is similar to a community college.

Comment

Working...
                                X