Plattsburgh State Women's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh State Women's Hockey

Well plattsburgh ends 1st half of season at 10-1-0..... does he bring in few players or keep team has it is? would like see few more maybe a goalie and forward....

Re: Plattsburgh State Women's Hockey

I doubt he does anything to tinker with this team. The only loss was a game Plattsburgh outshot Oswego by a large margin. Unless he starts having injuries, dropouts, or transfers, the team stays the same.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
      I doubt he does anything to tinker with this team. The only loss was a game Plattsburgh outshot Oswego by a large margin. Unless he starts having injuries, dropouts, or transfers, the team stays the same.
      Maybe a D1 goalie transfer to give him 3 goalies but otherwise he's all set and more than fine for the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        Maybe a D1 goalie transfer to give him 3 goalies but otherwise he's all set and more than fine for the 2nd half.
        Huh? Why bring in another tender? No need what so ever. Perhaps you haven't been watching this team? Or are just not that into hockey. I've been watching all of these teams and Burgh has what they need between the pipes. A D-1 transfer?? So they can go there and sit? I normally don't look at these d3 posts but when someone posts an idiotic response I just can't help myself.....

Comment

Originally posted by womensmanager View Post
          Well plattsburgh ends 1st half of season at 10-1-0..... does he bring in few players or keep team has it is? would like see few more maybe a goalie and forward....
          Lol....

Comment

Plattsburgh was at their most stacked at Goaltending in 2011 when they had Mandy Mackrell starting with 2 D1 transfers, eventual D3 GOAT Sydney Aveson who had transferred in from Minnesota State (where she was the odd goalie out when arriving in Mankato as a Freshman the coach who had recruited her to had left and the replacement brought their own goaltender) backing up and Kelsey Neumann who had come south from Clarkson (don't know the story there) mid-season (if I recall correctly).

All that talent in net but they didn't win another championship until Aveson's senior season (It was also the last season they didn't make NCAAs). Goaltending is essential but it takes a lot more than that to go all the way, and trying to hoard could end up with unhappy campers who at worst could disrupt the locker room or at best they just go away which means the time spent recruiting them could have been spent on a player who will contribute regularly for multiple seasons.

Comment

They only have 2 goalies right now and one of them is a Senior. Almost every team in college hockey carries three goalies especially high end teams. Picking up a 3rd goalie is probably the smartest thing they could do. That would allow them to bring her into their winning culture and get her ready for next year or be there this year if there should be an injury to their starting goalie. If their starter gets hurt they're in big trouble. If you know nothing of college hockey and haven't been around the game very long you probably think differently. Thinking they're perfectly fine is dead end thinking that's for sure.

Comment

They only have 2 goalies right now and one of them is a Senior. Almost every team in college hockey carries three goalies especially high end teams. Picking up a 3rd goalie is probably the smartest thing they could do. That would allow them to bring her into their winning culture and get her ready for next year or be there this year if there should be an injury to their starting goalie. If their starter gets hurt they're in big trouble. If you know nothing of college hockey and haven't been around the game very long you probably think differently. Thinking they're perfectly fine is dead end thinking that's for sure.
                He'll have 1 or 2 new ones in Plattsburgh for Fall 2017. If they're going to spend time trying to bring someone in mid-season it should be a skater.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  He'll have 1 or 2 new ones in Plattsburgh for Fall 2017. If they're going to spend time trying to bring someone in mid-season it should be a skater.
                  They have plenty of skaters but if their starting goalie gets hurt or sick or something unexpected they'll be in trouble with only having 2 goalies on the team. A 3rd goalie would be the smartest position to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                    Williams College 3 or 4 years ago - 2 goalies. One goalie gets extended illness (it happens) and the other goalie gets injured (it happens also). End up playing 2 games with a goalie who had retired due to medical issues but decided to come back for the 2 games to help the team out. Having only 2 goalies is a major risk at nearly any level of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEnd65 View Post
                      Huh? Why bring in another tender? No need what so ever. Perhaps you haven't been watching this team? Or are just not that into hockey. I've been watching all of these teams and Burgh has what they need between the pipes. A D-1 transfer?? So they can go there and sit? I normally don't look at these d3 posts but when someone posts an idiotic response I just can't help myself.....
                      Relax dad...it will all work out once that 3rd tender shows up next week.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                        Relax dad...it will all work out once that 3rd tender shows up next week.
                        Sorry don't gave a dog in this battle, so to speak. Try looking out west a little bit. I'll be the DAD hugging D1 national titles... Don't worry though it will all work out for ya, Santa comes in a few weeks. That dildo and lube set you asked for will be under yout tree, so to speak...

Comment

The two goalie system has been working for this school. Coach Houle is not a 3 goalie coach unless he has too. Will he bring in another goalie? Yup. D1 transfer, no! Not even close. Perhaps Elmer you should think again about prudent thinking. I mean chia pets sell millions every year but you wouldn't go buy one just because everyone else is would ya? Well maybe you would...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEnd65 View Post
                            Sorry don't gave a dog in this battle, so to speak. Try looking out west a little bit. I'll be the DAD hugging D1 national titles... Don't worry though it will all work out for ya, Santa comes in a few weeks. That dildo and lube set you asked for will be under yout tree, so to speak...
                            Really?! Dude show some class, I mean... who talks like that on a Women's College Hockey Board? And Why? Sigmund Freud probably has the answer.

btw...you are not winning a D1 championship but nice try.

Comment

The last time Houle had a Senior goalie on the team (in 2013-14) he had 3 goalies. It just makes sense when you have a Senior who is your starter. Guarantee he would prefer to have 3 goalies this year but I bet he just wasn't able to find one of the calibre he wanted when he was recruiting last year knowing he needed to find one to replace his current starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X