Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

Today's plans got scuttled so we find ourselves in Mankato in time to see them take on The Lions. First surprise is that it is"dad's day" and all fathers get in free. 20 minutes to puck drop and i count the crowd at 23; maybe they are like the Gopher mens fans and not show up before5 minutes into the first

2-0 Lions end of 1. SOG 5-3 You might think that indicates a real defensive battle but that would ignore the offense's many contributions to keeping the numbers down.

Both teams had power plays that didn't produce a goal. lindenwood broke through on the pp with a shot that hit traffic out front bounced up and over the goalie. .

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      2-0 Lions end of 1. SOG 5-3 You might think that indicates a real defensive battle but that would ignore the offense's many contributions to keeping the numbers down.

Both teams had power plays that didn't produce a goal. lindenwood broke through on the pp with a shot that hit traffic out front bounced up and over the goalie. .

Odd I typed words between those periods and the page knows what they are but won't display them.

Comment

Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

Syracuse was up 1-0 on UND after one.

After 2 Syracuse up 2-0. UND controlled play most of the period despite being outshot. Didn't create any good scoring chances until Syracuse scored their second goal. Good execution by Syracuse to score after really bad turnover by UND behind their own goal line.

After that UND had some decent chances but couldn't put it in.

Comment

4-1 end of 2. Both offenses looked better but the Mavs just couldn't finish many chances.

Comment

Defensive breakdown by Quinnipiac leads to breakaway goal by Merrimack.

Tied 1-1 with 6:30 to play in the game.

SOG 38-11 Qunni

Comment

Quinni-Merrimack going to OT

Shoot out if needed after 5 minutes because of Nutmeg Classic tourney game.

Syracuse ENG to win 3-0.

Comment

Merrimack too many men on ice with 1:30 left in OT
                Bobcats apply ton of pressure on PP but cannot score.

Merrimack 1- Quinnipiac 1 final. (SOG 44-12)

Nutmeg Classic shootout won by Merrimack 2-0.

Comment

the mighty WCHA has a perfect record so far this weekend

Comment

Last edited by ne7minder; 11-25-2016, 04:56 PM.

Comment

If Haaavad and Cornell can pull huge upsets it will be a sweep of the WCHA by eastern teams today. I don't see those two upsets happening but I also didn't think Syracuse would beat UND either. Neither team could get to 20 shots on goal. 3 goals on just 16 shots for Syracuse. If you think that's good, Lindenwood scored 5 goals on only 18 shots against Mankato! Did Mankato have their goalies facing the right direction? Maybe the WCHA had too much turkey yesterday and they're still sleepy.

Comment

I wish Lexie Shaw had played goal like that last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                          Lexie Shaw had no chance on the first goal, little chance on the second, and the third was empty net. She wasn't UND's problem.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            If Haaavad and Cornell can pull huge upsets it will be a sweep of the WCHA by eastern teams today. I don't see those two upsets happening but I also didn't think Syracuse would beat UND either. Neither team could get to 20 shots on goal. 3 goals on just 16 shots for Syracuse. If you think that's good, Lindenwood scored 5 goals on only 18 shots against Mankato! Did Mankato have their goalies facing the right direction? Maybe the WCHA had too much turkey yesterday and they're still sleepy.
                            A couple were soft. One was particularly bad as the goalie did not keep a skate against the post and it was an easy push in from the side. A couple were just flukes. The 1st goal hit a bunch of people out front & popped up and over the minder.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              The whole team was spent after putting everything on the ice last weekend. A team could do pretty good following the Gophers every weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X