Frozen Apple Cornell Big Red v UNH Wildcats Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Apple Cornell Big Red v UNH Wildcats Game Thread

Discuss...if you are so inclined!! Go 'Cats!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Re: Frozen Apple Cornell Big Red v UNH Wildcats Game Thread

Bump

http://www.cornellbigred.com/news/20...zen-apple.aspx

So....UNH fans, who will be at this event! I know wildcatdc will be...anyone else? We're in Section 120 row 13!! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with their family and friends...
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I don't bother going to MSG except for the years when BU is playing Cornell. That being said, I'll be keeping my eye on this game and would like to see how the team does before Tuesday's game at Colgate. My biggest concern is whether or not the defense can play a clean game and not offer UNH a ton of scoring opportunities.

Comment

We will be there, section 217

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
          I don't bother going to MSG except for the years when BU is playing Cornell. That being said, I'll be keeping my eye on this game and would like to see how the team does before Tuesday's game at Colgate. My biggest concern is whether or not the defense can play a clean game and not offer UNH a ton of scoring opportunities.
          We're counting on that!! 😉 How's your PK?
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            We're counting on that!! 😉 How's your PK?
            Some early season stat comparisons:
            Stat--UNH--Cornell
            PK--20th,52/61,83.2%--23rd,33/39,84.6
            Pen--56th,37/74,10.77pmg--tie36th,43/97,13.86
            PP--11th,18/82,21.95%--49th,4/40,12.50
            Offense--10th,3.62gpg--tied29th,3.00
            Defense--tied28th,2.92ggup--18th,2.57
            TyRone--19th,0.919Sv%--Gillam,0.902
            TyRone--19th,2.2563gaa--Gillam,39th,2.7511
            Last edited by Snively65; 11-24-2016, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I will be there! There will be 4 of us in section 119!

Do we have any sort of designated pregame spot for the UNH fans making the trek?

Comment

Originally posted by UNHJourney34 View Post

Do we have any sort of designated pregame spot for the UNH fans making the trek?
                Haven't heard of anything but we are staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station which is a 5 min. walk to MSG...I would be happy to scope out the place and put a message up about getting together there as they have a bar/restaurant...we are meeting up with our seat mate there. Hope to be in the city no later than 3 or 4:00. If anyone else has any ideas or know of anything do post it here!!!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Haven't heard of anything but we are staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station which is a 5 min. walk to MSG...I would be happy to scope out the place and put a message up about getting together there as they have a bar/restaurant...we are meeting up with our seat mate there. Hope to be in the city no later than 3 or 4:00. If anyone else has any ideas or know of anything do post it here!!!
                  Shared this on the UNH thread, but my wife and I and two of her friends are planning on going to Legends at 6 W 33rd, about a two (long) block walk to MSG. Arrival time might be a bit later - probably around 5:30 now.

I splurged and got us tickets down on the glass - I want to introduce these "football is the only thing" southern folk to stickmash, up close and personal.
                  Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHJourney34 View Post

The "official" pre game spot from the UNH site is at the Green Room at Stout. Address is 133 W33rd Street. 6:00-7:30pm. It had a registration period to go but they will be allowing walk ins.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Some early season stat comparisons:
                      Stat--UNH--Cornell
                      PK--20th,52/61,83.2%--23rd,33/39,84.6
                      Pen--56th,37/74,10.77pmg--tie36th,43/97,13.86
                      PP--11th,18/82,21.95%--49th,4/40,12.50
                      Offense--10th,3.62gpg--tied29th,3.00
                      Defense--tied28th,2.92ggup--18th,2.57
                      TyRone--19th,0.919Sv%--Gillam,0.902
                      TyRone--19th,2.2563gaa--Gillam,39th,2.7511
                      Man, our PP looks better on paper than it does on the ice.

Hope you've fully recovered from your cold!

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                        The "official" pre game spot from the UNH site is at the Green Room at Stout. Address is 133 W33rd Street. 6:00-7:30pm. It had a registration period to go but they will be allowing walk ins.
                        Thanks, SB!

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                          Man, our PP looks better on paper than it does on the ice.

Hope you've fully recovered from your cold!
                          Thanks for well wishes, dc. Wish that I could be at MSG.

UNH football game this afternoon will be tough act for hockey team to follow. Also, excellent 5-1 win by HEA UVM over ECAC Q this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Thanks for well wishes, dc. Wish that I could be at MSG.

UNH football game this afternoon will be tough act for hockey team to follow. Also, excellent 5-1 win by HEA UVM over ECAC Q this afternoon.
                            I was at the football game today....huge game for the Cats. Wish I could be in two places at once. Definetly want to be there at MSG!
                            Last edited by e.cat; 11-26-2016, 07:49 PM.
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Having a blast at MSG sitting next to childhood friend of Matias Cleland who was hoping he'd still be with the 'Cats... Cornell grad. Anyway holding our own but in the box more than I'd like started strong but it's been all Cornell for most of the 2nd half of the period. Go''Cats!!
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X