Nescac 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nescac 2016-17

We need one. Let's see how much traction it gets.

I will say, Colby looked very good this weekend. Fast and good goal tending. I think they may compete for the upper echelon of the league this year. The December 3-4 games vs Bowdoin will be great indicator.
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Re: Nescac 2016-17

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
    We need one. Let's see how much traction it gets.

I will say, Colby looked very good this weekend. Fast and good goal tending. I think they may compete for the upper echelon of the league this year. The December 3-4 games vs Bowdoin will be great indicator.
    I didn't see the game, but by the numbers the Panthers looked pretty lousy. Sounds like you saw the Colby game at least. What do you think?

Comment

Trinity went classless against Post tonight 14-0........sog 72-3.........payback is a B***H

Comment

Originally posted by rufus22 View Post
        I didn't see the game, but by the numbers the Panthers looked pretty lousy. Sounds like you saw the Colby game at least. What do you think?
        I saw both the Colby and the Bowdoin game. They looked better in the second game on the bigger ice, as you would expect. They are a young team with pretty good goal tending. Both games were winnable for Midd despite being out shot. They had a brief two goal lead against Bowdoin, but gave one right back and couldn't hang on for the win. Bowdoin and Colby both had vast advantages in offensive zone time.

Comment

Does anyone know the story behind Mike Najjar's disappearance from the Middlebury roster this year?
          Also, any intererest in a NESCAC pick 'em? I know, we would be off to a late start, just like the 'CAC season.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
            Does anyone know the story behind Mike Najjar's disappearance from the Middlebury roster this year?
            Also, any intererest in a NESCAC pick 'em? I know, we would be off to a late start, just like the 'CAC season.
            He still shows as being on campus for this semester.

Comment

I don't recall seeing Middlebury ever take nearly so many penalties--27 in four games?!

Comment

Thanks for starting this year's thread.

Saw Tufts lose 3-1 to Western New England in the RHI tournament final last night. Jumbos gave up a couple of mistake induce goals in the first period that turned out to be their undoing. WNE goalie was excellent. Tufts outshot WNE, 36-20, for the game and 19-2 in the third period! All to no avail. Jumbos appear to have the size, speed and strong goal tending to make some noise in the NESCAC this season.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  Trinity went classless against Post tonight 14-0........sog 72-3.........payback is a B***H
                  I thought so..........Dropped to USM

Comment

Amherst was very impressive last night beating a good Babson club. 6 first year skaters were dressed and they all skated like veteran players. This team should be around come March

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                      Best start for the Mules in I don't know how many years - more than eight. And that overtime loss to Geneseo... That was almost as heartening as a win, in that it was proof that they belong in the upper echelon of D-3 as well as NESCAC. They did it without Devin Albert, arguably their best player - out with an upper body injury. I hope he is back for the big Bowdoin weekend. This season might be fun for me for a change...
                      Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
                        Best start for the Mules in I don't know how many years - more than eight. And that overtime loss to Geneseo... That was almost as heartening as a win, in that it was proof that they belong in the upper echelon of D-3 as well as NESCAC. They did it without Devin Albert, arguably their best player - out with an upper body injury. I hope he is back for the big Bowdoin weekend. This season might be fun for me for a change...
                        http://www.uscho.com/2016/12/01/colb...o-open-season/
                        Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
                          I don't recall seeing Middlebury ever take nearly so many penalties--27 in four games?!
                          I don't recall seeing Middlebury start 0-4. Could be a very long season in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by puxrex View Post
                            I don't recall seeing Middlebury start 0-4. Could be a very long season in Vermont.
                            I fear it could be so. Good goaltending and an inexperienced team. Perhaps they will improve quickly.

Comment

What the heck. Friday night games. Colby 3 Bowdoin 2. Conn College 0 Middlebury 1. Hamilton 4 Trinity 6. Amherst 4 Wesleyan 1. Tufts 2 Williams 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X