NEHC goes D-III only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEHC goes D-III only

Hi, I have an article out today about the decision by the NEHC to go D-III only, why they did it, and what it means for the affected schools for both men's and women's programs.

http://www.uscho.com/2016/11/15/scho...-for-new-home/
    Last edited by Arafel; 11-15-2016, 02:34 PM.
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Re: NEHC goes D-III only

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
    Hi, I have an article out today about the decision by the NEHC to go D-III only, why they did it, and what it means for the affected schools for both men's and women's programs.

http://www.uscho.com/2016/11/15/scho...-for-new-home/
    Thanks for the info! I would assume St. A's and St. Mike's joining the NE-10 full time is a done deal on the men's side. I'll be interested to see how things will work out for the women. Any info on what Post is planning to do on the men's or women's side? Do they still plan on joining the NE-10?
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

I didn't look at Post, so I'm not sure. The research for the article grew from my story about Holy Cross deciding to move the women's program to D-I and seek alignment with either the CHA, ECAC, or Hockey East. That made me want to examine what would happen to the other schools that were affiliated with the NEHC and what they would do, and also find out more about the reasons for making the NEHC D-III only.
      "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
        I didn't look at Post, so I'm not sure. The research for the article grew from my story about Holy Cross deciding to move the women's program to D-I and seek alignment with either the CHA, ECAC, or Hockey East. That made me want to examine what would happen to the other schools that were affiliated with the NEHC and what they would do, and also find out more about the reasons for making the NEHC D-III only.
        IMHO, it is a good move...it allows the D3 teams more games that count as primary criteria and better competition through the regular season. When it comes NCAA tourney time I believe this will help the teams involved. Now, being a Platty fan I am sure you are wondering why I have this opinion. I just think fair is fair.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          IMHO, it is a good move...it allows the D3 teams more games that count as primary criteria and better competition through the regular season. When it comes NCAA tourney time I believe this will help the teams involved. Now, being a Platty fan I am sure you are wondering why I have this opinion. I just think fair is fair.
          Under the current format, NEHC teams get crucified in winning percentage for every loss. 4 games against non-d3 teams is almost a 1/5th of your season. It makes every loss basically count double when it comes to winning percentage and you're compared against teams playing the full 25.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Under the current format, NEHC teams get crucified in winning percentage for every loss. 4 games against non-d3 teams is almost a 1/5th of your season. It makes every loss basically count double when it comes to winning percentage and you're compared against teams playing the full 25.
            Agreed....Are you coming across the pond tonight ?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              Agreed....Are you coming across the pond tonight ?
              I was there. You're welcome for another win. I might even be back for more punishment Saturday...
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                I was there. You're welcome for another win. I might even be back for more punishment Saturday...
                Robert is a great goalie. She made a lot of fantastic stops. We were sitting right above the goal. This morning all that was left were 358 SRO tickets for Saturday night.
                Last edited by Birdwatcher; 11-16-2016, 10:30 PM.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                X