Weekend Scores 11/4 & 11/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Scores 11/4 & 11/5

Penn State is up on Mercyhurst 4-3 after two periods.

Re: Weekend Scores 11/4 & 11/5

Mercyhurst beats Penn State 6-4 at home. Penn State jumped out to a very fast 3-0 start in the first period, and then Mercyhurst scored 3 quick ones in the first period, too, to tie it up. I don't know how that all happens in one period.

Comment

Minnesota 5-0 over MSU including a couple of PP goals. SOG 34-10. I saw none of the chippiness some were complaining about last weekend.

Rematch is Sunday afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        Minnesota 5-0 over MSU including a couple of PP goals. SOG 34-10. I saw none of the chippiness some were complaining about last weekend.
        Given the Mavericks committed two penalties in that particular game versus UW, both by the same player, I doubt that there was much to see then either. MSU's penalties last night consisted mostly of hooks and trips when forced to chase the puck around. It looks like the Mavericks try to play physically in front of the net and along the walls in puck battles, but that's just part of D-I hockey. I had no cause for complaint with MSU's style last night.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

BU losing to BC 2-0 after two.

BU scores 5 in the third period (inc empty net) to win 5-3.

Comment

Great comeback win today by Clarkson. Down 2-0 after 1 period, they get the next 4 goals (1 EN) to win the game 4-2.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

What it is going on in Northern NY State? Biggest mistake I made in assessing the ECAC before the start of the season was in underestimating Clarkson and grossly underestimating St. Lawrence. Haven't seen either team play yet but their early records tell quite a story.

Comment

Penn State beats Mercyhurst 3-2 in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                  What it is going on in Northern NY State? Biggest mistake I made in assessing the ECAC before the start of the season was in underestimating Clarkson and grossly underestimating St. Lawrence. Haven't seen either team play yet but their early records tell quite a story.
                  I think everyone has grossly underestimated SLU. As for Clarkson, losing Ambrose, Fast, MacAulay and Howe has definitely hurt however the addition of Pejzlova on the offense and Shelton on the defense has helped. Matt Desrosiers IMHO is as good a coach as any in women's hockey and Clarkson is lucky to have him. Gonna be really interesting to see if both North Country teams can keep up their winning pace in the ECAC.
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                    Obviously still pretty early, but FWIW, St Lawrence is #1 in the pairwise and #2 in Quality Wins Bonus!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      BU losing to BC 2-0 after two.

BU scores 5 in the third period (inc empty net) to win 5-3.
                      There is no proof that this actually happened.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        There is no proof that this actually happened.
                        No more than the proof that BC's leading scorers are a freshman and a sophomore.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

(trying to delete this post - this will have to do)
                          Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 11-11-2016, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X