Minnesota-Duluth @ St. Cloud State: Bringing Old Friends Together Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota-Duluth @ St. Cloud State: Bringing Old Friends Together Again

You know who you are. It's just not the same since you all moved over to spew your invective on Twitter. Let's relive the magic. Come on home to USCHO and mix it up with your old pals.

Re: Minnesota-Duluth @ St. Cloud State: Bringing Old Friends Together Again

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
    You know who you are. It's just not the same since you all moved over to spew your invective on Twitter. Let's relive the magic. Come on home to USCHO and mix it up with your old pals.
    I honestly don't know if you're referring to the SCSU guys who all left this place or the UMD guys who disappeared. It's not like either school has a large base of posters here anymore.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I thought about starting this thread but with the tag line : It was fun while it lasted. Referring to Duluth's one week stay at number one in the polls.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I honestly don't know if you're referring to the SCSU guys who all left this place or the UMD guys who disappeared. It's not like either school has a large base of posters here anymore.
        I think he was referring to Quagmire look-alike Not So Sober Hockey Guy.
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          I think he was referring to Quagmire look-alike Not So Sober Hockey Guy.
          That's correct.

Comment

Twitter is where all the cool people are! As for NSSHG I always thought he looks more like Fred Flintstone.

Hard to believe that for a team that could not buy a win in St Cloud now has a four game winning streak there. I fully expect that to end, it seemed like Kas always played really well there.

That being said I think UMD gets a split and Tufte scores for the first time
            Last edited by Biddco; 11-01-2016, 09:04 PM.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Friday night game in this series is being promoted during tonight's Wild v. Sabres game on Fox North Plus.

That must be goofer blasphemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                Friday night game in this series is being promoted during tonight's Wild v. Sabres game on Fox North Plus.

That must be goofer blasphemy.
                It's the + station. I think about a dozen people get it. And there is no promo needed for the Gophers' games, for obvious reasons. /BestRivalry
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Twitter is where all the cool people are! As for NSSHG I always thought he looks more like Fred Flintstone.

Hard to believe that for a team that could not buy a win in St Cloud now has a four game winning streak there. I fully expect that to end, it seemed like Kas always played really well there.

That being said I think UMD gets a split and Tufte scores for the first time
                  SCSU has been swept at home twice in the last two years. Both series were against the Bulldogs. I think the UMD awfulness streak in St. Cloud can be put to bed. A split seems likely.

Comment

SCSU has been swept at home twice in the last two years. Both series were against the Bulldogs. I think the UMD awfulness streak in St. Cloud can be put to bed. A split seems likely.
                    Either UND isn't very good in net, or you're giving our goalies more credit than they deserve at this point. While both of those young guys have been improving since the start of the season, I'm not expecting them to hold up well against top-end talent. Smith looked better than Driscoll last weekend, but it was just the opposite against the Gophers. The Huskies will need a 5-4 or 6-5 game to get a win at least once this weekend.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Either UND isn't very good in net, or you're giving our goalies more credit than they deserve at this point. While both of those young guys have been improving since the start of the season, I'm not expecting them to hold up well against top-end talent. Smith looked better than Driscoll last weekend, but it was just the opposite against the Gophers. The Huskies will need a 5-4 or 6-5 game to get a win at least once this weekend.
                      I was actually going to predict a SCSU sweep, but I didn't want to get too cocky.

Comment

It's crazy to think that the tide has turned like that. Plus I'm caught trying to be cautiously optimistic about this UMD team. It's early but there are good signs this could be a very fun season. Hopefully they add some new and old trophies to the case.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I just don't think Duluth is that much better than last year. I predict SCSU wins tonight and loses in a shootout tomorrow night. 4 of 6 points for the Huskies.

Comment

SCSU up 3-2 after one, SOG: SCSU 10-7. Huskies playing much better than I thought they would right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUhuskies View Post
                              SCSU up 3-2 after one, SOG: SCSU 10-7. Huskies playing much better than I thought they would right now.
                              That third SCSU goal was beautiful. Of course it doesn't matter much when you give up a goal 10 seconds later.

Comment

Working...
                              X