Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

Lotta empty seats at the Mooch tonight. Sad, really.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Yep. The announcers blamed it on traffic...just not willing to let reality sink in.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

And Minnesotas Player of the game goes to the refs! Now i remember why we hate the goofs they dive more than any other team in the league

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Yep. The announcers blamed it on traffic...just not willing to let reality sink in.
          It must have been another Kesha concert no one saw coming.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
            And Minnesotas Player of the game goes to the refs! Now i remember why we hate the goofs they dive more than any other team in the league
            While I can't say glowing things about the officials, I don't think the really had much to do with the outcome. Sloppy passing and clearing attempts cost North Dakota a couple of goals. Throw in a weak performance by Cam, and a tie was probably about right. Certainly a disappointing result for North Dakota, but a win tomorrow night would help ease the sting of tonight. Keep in mind that North Dakota has only swept Minnesota at Mariucci once in the last 36 years...not the easiest thing in the world to do.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

After that horrid start by MN, I'm happy with the tie. Helluva game.

The rivalry is back.

As for the refs, they sent the message early with the game misconducts. They were gonna call it tight. (Listened on radio, so any visual input would help and is appreciated).

Here's to tomorrow night, and hopefully another outstanding game.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

The rivalry is back.

As for the refs, they sent the message early with the game misconducts. They were gonna call it tight. (Listened on radio, so any visual input would help and is appreciated).

With Minnesota moving to a superior conference I was led to believe that the rivalry was over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                  Yes the refs cost you guys the game. haha good one

At least some things will never change with you sioux, whioux, bird fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                    With Minnesota moving to a superior conference I was led to believe that the rivalry was over.
                    Not in my world. I've always hated UND more than WI. I want to destroy their ONLY dream. At least WI has FB and maybe bouncyball to fall back on.

YMMV with other posters, though.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I took my sister - an avid hockey fan and U of M grad - to the game tonight and she said afterwards that it was the most exciting hockey game she's ever been to.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The rivalry is back.

Game was called tight start to finish. Let them play.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          Said it was a sell out and standing room only. C

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            The reality is Minnesota fans don't want to pay $10,000 dollars for a seat license.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                              Said it was a sell out and standing room only. C
                              9936 tix were sold, according to GPL's owner/manager Jupiter. 10K is max capacity. Now, how many showed up is a different answer, obviously.

And again, $90 SROs affected the attendance. $120-130 for a seat. These are face prices.

Comment

9936 tix were sold, according to GPL's owner/manager Jupiter. 10K is max capacity. Now, how many showed up is a different answer, obviously.

And again, $90 SROs affected the attendance. $120-130 for a seat. These are face prices.
                                I think it was a sellout. I also think a lot of dicks lost their arse.

Comment

Working...
                                X