Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

I'm sure the arena has a nice, German WWII style bunker people could meet at.

Comment

Can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        BTW, who the hell came up with such a lame name as fighting hawks?

At least the sioux-age logo was pretty solid, this new postal service bird is pretty weak.
        Angry Birds was already taken.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Gophs best go down their holes as the Fightin Hawks will be ready to chew on the rodents.
          ( Did I just say something nice about the FKA Sioux?)
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Hawk
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              Parise knows I've had my own gopher hate demons to contend with over the years. But I've come to have a great deal of respect for the fanbase. Who else would suffer through 40 years of failure pursuing a plan as provincial as Minnesota Only? If the purpose was to prove that nobody can fail and disappoint like Sotans can, they certainly succeeded. I mean, look how those fans have endured that 40 years in the desert by turning that failure into a source of pride. Amazing! Not even Tech fans would be able to swallow that pill.

I'm not religious, but I will admit that I pray for gopher fans once in a while. On top of all that failure, what did they do to deserve that heavy brow and long forearms? The men are worse.

I don't know about you, but I will be ready to give a gopher fan a big hug this weekend.
              I must of missed something. What 40 years? The Gophers don't even have 20 losing seasons ever. and, we have trees.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Hawk
                Where's the one tree?
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

HAWKS = How About We Keep SIOUX!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGopher View Post
                    Not that it really matters, but the tickets when included in the Season package are $37 ea. Even if you include the donation, that brings it to $52. I'm not saying that's cheap, but you should expect to pay more for a single game seat. Not 3X more, but still...

As for the series, I just can't seem to get as worked up about this as in days past. Must be that "out of sight, out of mind" thing. Or, it could be the general malaise of the program since the .6 game in Philly. Either way, I will be there and cheering but I just can't dredge up the old rivalry/hatred thing of my many years watching this series.
                    I was ready to pay about $70 per ticket, even took Friday off so I could go to the game. Not even going to bother trying now. Made some pre-game plans with the family, then watching the game at some local watering hole and saving about $90-100.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Miami caved years ago without a fight. From Redskins to Redhawks. Swoop is a pretty lame mascot considering what they were previously as well. The day will come when the super conferences will come into their own and the NCAA will be powerless against them.

Comment

This is going to be a fun hockey weekend that's for sure. Ticket prices were steep. How much do tickets usually run for conference matchups?

Comment

Originally posted by MFhockey View Post
                          This is going to be a fun hockey weekend that's for sure. Ticket prices were steep. How much do tickets usually run for conference matchups?
                          Depending on the team, I'd like to say $45-60.

SRO is $35-45.

Going on my bad memory, so correct me if I'm wrong. Please.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Including fees:
                            OSU/PSU/MSU: $33-44 per ticket depending on zone
                            Michigan: $44-61
                            uw: $55-71

No SRO tickets are available yet except for UND, which are $90 on Friday and $99 on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              Including fees:
                              OSU/PSU/MSU: $33-44 per ticket depending on zone
                              Michigan: $44-61
                              uw: $55-71

No SRO tickets are available yet except for UND, which are $90 on Friday and $99 on Saturday.
                              $90 for SRO?!?!?!?!?!?!

JFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                $90 for SRO?!?!?!?!?!?!

JFC.
                                They're buying lots of em

Comment

Working...
                                X