Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Parise knows I've had my own gopher hate demons to contend with over the years. But I've come to have a great deal of respect for the fanbase. Who else would suffer through 40 years of failure pursuing a plan as provincial as Minnesota Only? If the purpose was to prove that nobody can fail and disappoint like Sotans can, they certainly succeeded. I mean, look how those fans have endured that 40 years in the desert by turning that failure into a source of pride. Amazing! Not even Tech fans would be able to swallow that pill.

I'm not religious, but I will admit that I pray for gopher fans once in a while. On top of all that failure, what did they do to deserve that heavy brow and long forearms? The men are worse.

I don't know about you, but I will be ready to give a gopher fan a big hug this weekend.
    Make them wash their hands, their knuckles are dirty from dragging on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Sioux Sweep.
      Worked for the sandbagging daloot fans.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        This will be a fun weekend but the hate just isn't there like it once was... don't get me wrong, I still hate the rodents but it's not the same. Too bad, we didn't know how good we had it back in the old WCHA days.
        I'm not sure about everyone else, but the hate will come flowing back in a hurry for me once I see all your idiot fans rolling into Mariucci on Friday evening.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          "Oh but we have PSU!" Um, ok?
          Except for who ever said that......?!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Too bad the Red is so far away from the Twin Cities... You could warm your extremities up at the bonfire called dinkytown.
            For the record, dinkytown was not on fire, just NoDak & sconnie cars were. But wait, are you predicting Gopher victories this weekend?
            You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Not that it really matters, but the tickets when included in the Season package are $37 ea. Even if you include the donation, that brings it to $52. I'm not saying that's cheap, but you should expect to pay more for a single game seat. Not 3X more, but still...

As for the series, I just can't seem to get as worked up about this as in days past. Must be that "out of sight, out of mind" thing. Or, it could be the general malaise of the program since the .6 game in Philly. Either way, I will be there and cheering but I just can't dredge up the old rivalry/hatred thing of my many years watching this series.

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                For the record, dinkytown was not on fire, just NoDak & sconnie cars were. But wait, are you predicting Gopher victories this weekend?
                You spelled goofers wrong. Goofs sweep.

Comment

Worked for the sandbagging daloot fans.
                  Hard to sandbag when you can't handle SLU or Clarkson or St. Cloud or anyone else for that matter. Sioux Sweep.

Remember, Minnesota doesn't have to win non-conference games to hang their banner every year.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Gophers Sweep.

I don't think it will take long to instill the rivalry, maybe by 2 minutes in 1st period Friday night.

Comment

BTW, who the hell came up with such a lame name as fighting hawks?

At least the sioux-age logo was pretty solid, this new postal service bird is pretty weak.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        BTW, who the hell came up with such a lame name as fighting hawks?

At least the sioux-age logo was pretty solid, this new postal service bird is pretty weak.
                        Probably little you can say to insult the new name or logo we haven't already said ourselves.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          Probably little you can say to insult the new name or logo we haven't already said ourselves.
                          Why should we let that stop us from rubbing it in?

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                            Why should we let that stop us from rubbing it in?
                            Hard for them to complain after the majority voted on it.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Hard for them to complain after the majority voted on it.
                              And the majority just wanted North Dakota so there is that.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                And the majority just wanted North Dakota so there is that.
                                Yeah, like that's a badge of honor to take to the grave. "God durn dem gubmit mettalers always mettaling. If we aint gittin to keep the Fightin SOO name then God durn it we aint taking no name no how!! Well at least we aint no sissified city folk!"

Does everyone there have a bunker too?

Comment

Working...
                                X