Division 3 Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Division 3 Rosters

Here are the rosters that have been posted so far.

Canton

Stevenson

Buffalo State

Plattsburgh

Utica

Augsburg

Hamline

St. Catherine

St. Mary's

Adrian

St. Norbert

St. Scholastica

UW-River Falls

UW-Stevens Point

Re: Division 3 Rosters

Superior's Roster

http://uwsyellowjackets.com/roster.aspx?path=whockey
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Bethel Here: http://athletics.bethel.edu/roster.a...6&path=whockey

St. Olaf Here: http://athletics.stolaf.edu/roster.a...2&path=whockey

Comment

Concordia Cobbers roster
        http://concordiamn.prestosports.com/...?view=headshot
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

First of all, is the NESCAC playing this year? If so, please post your rosters.

Roster sizes? What is the ideal number?

Norwich 31
          Platty 22
          Adrian 28
          Gustavus Adolphus 26
          Lake Forest 20
          Utica 26
          Lebanon Valley 16
          Salve Regina 21

I think 22 is the magic number. Keeps everyone happy and you have an extra for injury.

Comment

NESCAC play begins 11/18
            http://nescac.com/sports/wice/2016-17/schedule
            Expect rosters to come by 11/17 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
              First of all, is the NESCAC playing this year? If so, please post your rosters.

Roster sizes? What is the ideal number?

Norwich 31
              Platty 22
              Adrian 28
              Gustavus Adolphus 26
              Lake Forest 20
              Utica 26
              Lebanon Valley 16
              Salve Regina 21

I think 22 is the magic number. Keeps everyone happy and you have an extra for injury.
              I'm partial to 23. An spare forward and defenseman.

Edit: you're right 22. I forget women's teams don't tend to have 3 goalies.
              Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-09-2016, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                I'm partial to 23. An spare forward and defenseman.

Edit: you're right 22. I forget women's teams don't tend to have 3 goalies.
                Disagree - at this point most D3 women's teams have 3 goalies. Here is what happens when you don't: Williams - 3 years ago - 2 goalies - one gets mono, other get concussion - have to roster a goalie who was formerly on the team seasons past but was no longer playing due to a personal issue but agrees to come back for 2 games until one of the other goalies is healthy again. She miraculously wins a game at one opponent, then gives up an OT goal through the wickets from center ice to lose the next game.

Also - couple of NESCAC rosters are up on collegehockeystats.net

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                  Disagree - at this point most D3 women's teams have 3 goalies. Here is what happens when you don't: Williams - 3 years ago - 2 goalies - one gets mono, other get concussion - have to roster a goalie who was formerly on the team seasons past but was no longer playing due to a personal issue but agrees to come back for 2 games until one of the other goalies is healthy again. She miraculously wins a game at one opponent, then gives up an OT goal through the wickets from center ice to lose the next game.

Also - couple of NESCAC rosters are up on collegehockeystats.net
                  I like 25-26.

Extra line of forwards and extra pair of D. 3 goalies for sure.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    I like 25-26.

Extra line of forwards and extra pair of D. 3 goalies for sure.
                    Prez, you might know the answer to this... why does Bolding have 31?

As a Dad, I wouldn't be pushing my daughter to that program because of the number of players her carries. Seems to me that the drama would be heavy and trying to get girls into the line up would be a daunting task and stressful for the players.

With 25-26 players, I think your transfer rate goes up considerably and that's not a good thing. Kevin Houle always has a reasonable roster size and has success. If you have gone through the recruiting process and have played a year, than you understand that some coaches are Car Salesman.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                      Prez, you might know the answer to this... why does Bolding have 31?

As a Dad, I wouldn't be pushing my daughter to that program because of the number of players her carries. Seems to me that the drama would be heavy and trying to get girls into the line up would be a daunting task and stressful for the players.

With 25-26 players, I think your transfer rate goes up considerably and that's not a good thing. Kevin Houle always has a reasonable roster size and has success. If you have gone through the recruiting process and have played a year, than you understand that some coaches are Car Salesman.
                      Great post and totally agree with you. Plattsburgh is the model. The consistent results speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        Great post and totally agree with you. Plattsburgh is the model. The consistent results speak for themselves.
                        I think 23-24 is max and with the right group you can get away with 20. At D3 you can play 3 lines and 5 d if you must on most nights. A couple extra forwards and an extra D is more than enough barring some terrible luck. Not nearly the injuries in the D3 womens game so that isn't as big a factor. While these girls love to play and competition for ice time is good too many sitting out makes for some bad chemistry in most instances. With most of these teams being top heavy if you are 4th line you aren't getting a regular shift anyway. Toss in sitting every other game and you will have some very unhappy campers. I know my daughter specifically avoided a couple schools that historically carry a large roster and over recruit every year (pushing out the juniors/seniors that have fell out of favor). She looked for a school that carried a good number, was picky about who they recruited and tried to carry a reasonable roster for this very reason.

I do agree with 3 goalies as well. This is one area you cannot cover up if someone goes down.

Comment

I noticed that "Canadian Content" on these rosters continues to decline. For example, Plattsburgh has only two Canadians on their team this year. Wh is this? Canuck buck? Reduced financial aid? NCAA clampdown? Canadian university scholarship funding? And how is this affecting the quality of play overall?

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                            I noticed that "Canadian Content" on these rosters continues to decline. For example, Plattsburgh has only two Canadians on their team this year. Wh is this? Canuck buck? Reduced financial aid? NCAA clampdown? Canadian university scholarship funding? And how is this affecting the quality of play overall?
                            Canadian dollar is dismal currently; US schools only getting more expensive. This coupled with the fact that CIS is giving out scholarships and has competitive programs. I would imagine is a one two punch which turns some families away that would have strongly entertained an American education in the past. The last two years the dollar has taken a very bad turn and I think this is the result, less Canadians in the league.
                            Last edited by NoChangeOnIcing; 11-14-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X