Bemidji St Beavers '16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bemidji St Beavers '16-17

I figured it was time to start a thread for the Beavers. They are currently ranked 10th in the nation and travel to 4th ranked UMD Bulldogs this weekend. Should be a great series. These teams have started a nice little rivalry with knocking each other out of the playoffs the past two years. UMD has one of the best first lines in the country and Bemidji has one of the toughest goalies. Any predictions?

Re: Bemidji St Beavers '16-17

Originally posted by 2Bladedskates View Post
    Any predictions?
    SPLIT

This should be a fun series. UMD snuffed the Beavers in their home playoff series, so hopefully BSU will be fired up. Beware Brykaliuk and Stalder!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      SPLIT

This should be a fun series. UMD snuffed the Beavers in their home playoff series, so hopefully BSU will be fired up. Beware Brykaliuk and Stalder!
      I think a split would be considered a good weekend for the Beavers. I am excited to see Brykaliuk and Stalder again this year. At the end of last year those two were awesome and a big reason for the upset in the playoffs. Whenever you have a dynamic line like that in the WCHA your team is dangerous. We will see if they can penetrate a stingy Bemidji D.

Comment

The HWY 2 games are always entertaining and this should be no exception. Real good early tilt between two good programs in the very competitive WCHA, predicting a split.

Comment

Originally posted by pucklife View Post
          The HWY 2 games are always entertaining and this should be no exception. Real good early tilt between two good programs in the very competitive WCHA, predicting a split.
          My prediction is that Bemidji will win both. They are structured, fast and have very good goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
            My prediction is that Bemidji will win both. They are structured, fast and have very good goaltending.
            Yes they do, but I wouldn't underestimate UMD's goaltending. Rooney was excellent against the Gophers this past weekend.

Should be a great series between what I see are two evenly matched teams.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
              I'm going the other way with it and saying UMD picks up the sweep. Bemidji does a great job of doing what's necessary to stay in every game, but skill > structure. As someone already pointed out, UMD has had excellent goaltending to this point as well.
              Ducks Fly Together

Comment

Bemidji vs anyone is tough to predict, because so few goals are scored that it can come down to one bounce.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The dogs are a very very skilled veteran team and are the real deal. The Beavers are young and have a ton of potential, will be fun to see their progression as the year goes on. Both these northern MN teams could be scary come playoff time.

Comment

Originally posted by pucklife View Post
                    The dogs are a very very skilled veteran team and are the real deal. The Beavers are young and have a ton of potential, will be fun to see their progression as the year goes on. Both these northern MN teams could be scary come playoff time.
                    By the time the playoffs start, kids all along the eastern seaboard will sit around campfires terrifying each other with stories about the entire WCHA. It'll be scarier than clowns.
                    Last edited by Eeyore; 10-23-2016, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                      By the time the playoffs start, kids all along the eastern seaboard will sit around campfires terrifying each other with stories about the entire WCHA. It'll be scarier than clowns.
                      All except one. I'll be seeing the golden trophy for the first time next weekend.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post

Sadly, it will be WI & MN that need to be afraid, none of the WCHA teams will be sent East when it matters (perhaps Ohio but that remains to be seen) There have been several years where I believe UMD, UND and BSU were robbed of their place in the final 4 because of travel costs. Given the improvement in those teams they could easily make the finals but only over a team that deserves to be there more than some of the Eastern teams that will get there. I understand the realities of the situation and the difficulty in evaluation given the dearth of common opponents but would love to see the best 4 teams at the finals and not just the best 2 West and the best 2 East.

Comment

A good series for the fans last weekend. Watching UMD for the first time I walked away impressed. Their first line is talented, but was more impressed with their depth. They took it to the Beavers pretty good on Friday night. Mowat kept the Beavers in the game. She was outstanding and by far her best game of the year IMO. Saturday's game was more balanced. The Beavers came out with more energy and traded some punches early. Once UMD got up on them I thought they would pack it in. Instead the Beavers came back from two goals down to tie it. This is something you never saw last year. The younger kids created some chances and you could see them gain confidence as the game went on. The game ended in a tie which was fitting for the way both teams played Saturday. The shootout? Stadler's goal was sick! Should be fun to watch these two teams when UMD travels west later in the season.

Comment

Beavers are headed to Ridder. They have had a tough month since the beat the Gophers 1-0 in early October. Goaltending has been solid as expected, but goals have been tough to come by. Hoping to steal on this weekend but the task will be tough.

Comment

The red hot dogs (UMD) are traveling to the Sanford Center in Bemidji. Dogs to much or will the Beavers be alive and suprise?

Comment

Working...
                              X