Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota vs St Cloud State - Home/Home October 21 & 22

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Cool. I just worried that every review seems to be VERY old and that maybe they had gone downhill or portion sizes had come to reality.
    The menu is exceedingly simple. Back in the 90s, they didn't even have an option for a chicken sandwich.

Channel 4 news has their Best in MN series where they look at different food categories; Val's took the top spot for fries this year. When Val's salts their fries, they pretty much use this stuff: popcorn flavoring salt.

Their burgers are basically McDonald's burgers, nothing special. The shakes are the old McDonald's shakes, before all the whipped cream and cherries added on top, and they can be ordered in the 1qt size. You can get about 3/4lb of bacon added to them using the automated ordering system before the lady yells at you, though. (That last bit is someone else's story from the board.)
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      I haven't been since the last year of the WCHA. Looking forward to going back.

Sorry Brent, I cannot recommend the Hairy Buffalo to anyone. That is truly one of the worst drinks I have ever tasted. I do love MC's Dugout though. Does the Dugout still have a shuttle to the game?
      There have been a lot updates to the arena. Instead of the main entrance being on the west side of the arena, it's now on the south side, facing the main parking lot. It's also a professional looking ticket office, which is a huge change. The place has been brightened up, so it's white painted concrete with red and black trim rather than bare concrete or brown stone-is looking concrete, like the old look. The rafters were given a shinier paint job, there are fewer seats as they've added seatbacks and done away with a lot of the benches in the non-general admin sections.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Sorry Brent, I cannot recommend the Hairy Buffalo to anyone. That is truly one of the worst drinks I have ever tasted. I do love MC's Dugout though. Does the Dugout still have a shuttle to the game?
        yes they have the shuttle
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Oh, I would never RECOMMEND it, just saying it's a thing. I have been smart enough to never get one. Ever.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Oh, I would never RECOMMEND it, just saying it's a thing. I have been smart enough to never get one. Ever.
            One year my brother and I got out there early and our buddy caught up with us a little later. My brother and I both tried a HB(never had one previously) before our buddy got there and we both almost ralphed. But we decided to trick the latecomer into ordering one knowing that he wouldn't like it. He was not too happy with us lol!
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I thought the Shaved Buffalo was even stronger...
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                I thought the Shaved Buffalo was even stronger...
                I believe that is named after an SCSU cheerleader....
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I believe that is named after an SCSU cheerleader....
                  I thought that was the Hairy Buffalo. (We've had some real uggos.)

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I thought that was the Hairy Buffalo. (We've had some real uggos.)
                    Might be both.

I have a pic from many years ago, and coincidentally, SCSU happened to unfortunately line up their biggest cheerleader next to their tiniest/waif-like cheerleader. I swear the tiny cheerleader's waist was about as big as the larger one's thigh.

Comment

Might be both.

I have a pic from many years ago, and coincidentally, SCSU happened to unfortunately line up their biggest cheerleader next to their tiniest/waif-like cheerleader. I swear the tiny cheerleader's waist was about as big as the larger one's thigh.
                      That big girl was a cheerleader for perhaps 6 years. She was an amazing skater though, nobody else on that squad even came close to her ability to actually perform figure skating moves.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        That big girl was a cheerleader for perhaps 6 years. She was an amazing skater though, nobody else on that squad even came close to her ability to actually perform figure skating moves.
                        I won't question that. I just questioned her placement in line. Not the best decision.

Comment

No usual suspects yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            No usual suspects yet.
                            Shush! I don't wanna hear from home shopping network boy and his butt-buddy (or her husband)!

Comment

Hi Everybody!
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                                Hi Everybody!
                                Are you the big cheerleader everybody's talking about? Skeeterman says you're a hottie.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X