X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech heads downstate to visit Yost for two

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    We'll be there.

We will be missing Friday's game. So very many conflicts.
    You'll miss seeing the Little Gopher Fans. They're only coming with us to the Friday game.

We'll be tailgating Saturday with Midget, Biddy, Yager, and anyone else that shows up.
    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
      You'll miss seeing the Little Gopher Fans. They're only coming with us to the Friday game.

We'll be tailgating Saturday with Midget, Biddy, Yager, and anyone else that shows up.
      Where will you be tailgating? My schedule is pretty tight Saturday with band homecoming activities, but maybe I'll have a chance to stop by.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        Where will you be tailgating? My schedule is pretty tight Saturday with band homecoming activities, but maybe I'll have a chance to stop by.
        Trinidy Lutheran Church.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post

Oh, man... sorry to miss you

Comment

I'll miss tailgating with you, but will be cheering via Dirk's broadcast.

GO TECH!
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

From the other end of the rink I heard the Tech fans spell out technological. Good size group.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Tech thoroughly outplayed Michigan for the better part of the 2nd. Go get'm in the 3rd and score a couple to win it.
                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Why can't we score more? I really thought the offense would be better than this. Also, goaltending is killing us, 2 goals on 14 shots isn't going to get it done usually.
                  2005-2006: 7-25-6
                  2006-2007: 18-17-5
                  2007-2008: 14-20-5
                  2008-2009: 6-25-7
                  2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Phew.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Well my thoughts.
                      Tech really played well and was the better team most of the game ... except for two or three lapses. We just seemed to lose focus for whatever reason and didn't really have a goal in mind with what to do with the puck, got lackadaisical, whatever you want to call it and that resulted in the first michigan goal. We were out of position and running around. that same attitude bit us on the pp at the end of the game. We just were kind of standing around wondering what to do next.

Also michigan's goalie was by far the best player on the ice. He made some saves in the first that the guy in the press box didn't count because he didn't apparently see them, which were really good and headed in.
                      I thought Tech was tentative in the first, maybe intimidated by the arena and the setting, whatever, after a while they got over it and started out playing them.

I thought Kero wasn't very good. sorry. I'm sure we'll see Wintjes tomorrow.
                      I thought Michigan's defense was slow and could be turned and was turned routinely. The goalie bailed them out quite often.
                      I thought Slaker was a real good player for them.
                      Tech struggled when Michigan had an aggressive forecheck going but could and did break out for odd man rushes, so Michigan kind of went away from it though they did go back to it to start the third.
                      Michigan got away with a lot of obstruction in front of their own net. Only the most egregious stuff was called.Almost everything Tech did was called with maybe one exception.
                      I'm hopeful for tomorrow night. It's kind of a must win for Tech at this point.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

We were in section 26, props to the entire section to our right rooting for the Huskies.

Lavigne was very very good. Tech was aggressive and won a lot of puck battles. Several Tech rushes were flat out skill based. Wish L'Esperance would have dropped it back with a 3x1 developing.
                        Almost scored with less than 4:00 minutes as we all thought the late man was going to bury it. Fun game to watch.

Comment

I was in sec 28 as well. the row just in front of everyone standing the whole game. Great to see so many Tech fans there. And LOUD too!

Tech out shot Michigan in the first period, but Michigan pretty much carried the play for the first 25 minutes of the game. After Michigan went up 2-0 Tech controlled much of the play.

That winning goal.... Ouch. Goaltending and dumb penalties the difference last night.

Back to sec 28 tonight, a couple rows closer to the action. GO HUSKIES hopefully better results tonight.

Comment

Just saw the highlights- which only showed 2 of Tech's goals- both were really good. One with that great pass behind the net, the other being very opportunistic of a bobble by Lavigne.

And we made that one up on the game winner- being opportunistic of a bad play behind the net. So both teams are solid.

BTW, Techies noting their dominance in the 2nd- Red agrees very much so.

Oh, and no comment about Score-O??? Holy cow, we missed that!?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Just saw the highlights- which only showed 2 of Tech's goals- both were really good. One with that great pass behind the net, the other being very opportunistic of a bobble by Lavigne.

And we made that one up on the game winner- being opportunistic of a bad play behind the net. So both teams are solid.

BTW, Techies noting their dominance in the 2nd- Red agrees very much so.

Oh, and no comment about Score-O??? Holy cow, we missed that!?!?!?!?
                              Score-o was the highlight of the game. Nice crowd on hand to honor the 1996 NC's. 5800 announced. As far as the game, it was a repeat of their effort on Friday versus Union. Take 2 goal lead, dribble it away. Except they managed to steal the game in the end. Oh, and you missed Lohan playing finally. They moved Martin up on the 4th line from defense. I betcha that Lafontaine is in goal tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                Score-o was the highlight of the game. Nice crowd on hand to honor the 1996 NC's. 5800 announced. As far as the game, it was a repeat of their effort on Friday versus Union. Take 2 goal lead, dribble it away. Except they managed to steal the game in the end. Oh, and you missed Lohan playing finally. They moved Martin up on the 4th line from defense. I betcha that Lafontaine is in goal tonight.
                                I assume you mean Luke, who is playing better, and not Cutler, who sat the last home game....

(again, Cutler is a great guy- really fun to talk to, and I hope he can work his way into playing time...)

Comment

Working...
                                X