• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagara & RIT @ RPI, 10/21/16 & 10/22/16

Discuss!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Niagara & RIT @ RPI, 10/21/16 & 10/22/16

Let's just not pull what we did vs. Bentley two years ago and start out the season 0-5...

Comment

I have seen RIT twice in person.They are tough!

Comment

Although they managed to tie one of the two games, Niagara saw the red light go on behind their goalie twelve times in their first weekend of play.

The time may finally have come for RPI's offense to get untracked.

Comment

And then come those pesky Tigers, should be a good weekend!
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            And then come those pesky Tigers, should be a good weekend!
            First to 10 wins again?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              First to 10 wins again?
              ugh. Let's hope not
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                ugh. Let's hope not
                That game was fun... I think there was a good bru-ha-ha or two in that one, too. Although we probably are beyond that stage by now.

Comment

That game was fun... I think there was a good bru-ha-ha or two in that one, too. Although we probably are beyond that stage by now.
                  Just went back to look at that box score, you're right, lots of penalties and shenanigans. Saturday night I was at the Blue Cross Arena watching RIT-UCONN wearing an RIT jersey and an RPI ball cap which likely drew some strange looks. This Saturday at HFH I will be wearing an RIT ball cap and an RPI jersey. My family fell in love with both schools and both schools have grown on me too. I think we are in for a great game.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Fun for some...
                    Most of those bru-ha-has were due to the Tigers' frustration at having absolutely no answer to the constant barrage of odd-man breaks leading directly to easy RPI goals against a first time starter in net (still can't understand why our starter, Guimond, played the night before at home against D-III Geneseo while the freshman started on the road against a D-I ECAC opponent). The RIT D-III leftovers were clearly out of their element trying to defend the speed and efficiency of the Engineers offense that night, and a couple lost their heads and took a couple of truly cheap shots after the score finally got out of hand (went from 7-6 or 7-7 to 10-7 rather quickly, IIRC). I was actually a bit embarrassed at the lack of discipline and dare I say, class, on display that night by our team. It made me not miss a couple of our D-III players all that much when they moved on.
                    Can't we all just get along?
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                      Just went back to look at that box score, you're right, lots of penalties and shenanigans. Saturday night I was at the Blue Cross Arena watching RIT-UCONN wearing an RIT jersey and an RPI ball cap which likely drew some strange looks. This Saturday at HFH I will be wearing an RIT ball cap and an RPI jersey. My family fell in love with both schools and both schools have grown on me too. I think we are in for a great game.
                      That’s funny. A friend of mine (we drive together to most RPI home games) graduated from RIT but has been an Engineer fan since the late 70’s. We went together up to Roch. for the RPI/RIT game a few yrs. ago. He had an RPI T-shirt on & an RIT T-shirt underneath. He got up to get a soda & pretzel & when he hadn’t come back for about 10 minutes I went to look for him. There he was standing behind the Corner Crew (is that the right term) wearing the RIT T-shirt over the RPI T-shirt!
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                      X