Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

Similiar to how the WIAC still awarded a title within the NCHA, the MAC will be awarding a conference title starting in 2017-18 when Wilkes, King's, Lebanon Valley, Manhattanville and Stevenson are all competing within the UCHC.

Continue to think we're getting closer and closer to the MAC forming its own conference once they have seven.

http://www.gomacsports.com/news/2016...012164808.aspx
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

Once they sit 2 years in the UCHC, can they jump out, grab 2 affilliate members, and keep the AQ (and RIT the UCHC in the process)?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

Just reading about the MAC - seems like it is an "umbrella" conference of the type the NCAA was trying to eliminate back in 2012. They have two sub conferences (Commonwealth with 9 members and Freedom with 8) that both get Pool A status, but for sports in which there aren't enough teams for Pool A, they compete as one conference and get a Pool A for the combined conference. Seems shady to me.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
      X