Ohio State vs Miami - The REAL battle for Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Miami - The REAL battle for Ohio

Ohio State travels to Oxford Saturday to play in state rival Miami.
    Ohio State comes off an opening weekend beating Denver and tying Air Force.
    OSU returns with most of their starters with the difference this season being more experience and chemistry and a strong sense of purpose.
    I predict Miami will have their hands full as Ohio State will try to put this one away early to continue making a statement.

Re: Ohio State vs Miami - The REAL battle for Ohio

I think you're leaving a team out of this supposed Battle for Ohio...
    Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

I know, no offense but I think Miami & OSU dislike each other more than the team not yet mentioned. We'll get to you NEXT weekend! LOL!
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-12-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Miami has what, 14 freshmen? However, they split with Providence at Providence last weekend.
        Last year's OSU series had modest attendance in Columbus but a full Goggin...
        Should be an exciting game, would hate to bet against either team.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratus View Post
          Miami has what, 14 freshmen?
          Freshmen can bring a lot of energy into a game but also mistakes. One of ours the past 3 games seemed to like the view from inside the penalty box.
          With so many returning starters and the experience they have as a team, the B1G coaches pre-season pick of Ohio State at #2 in the conference along with a strong performance in the Ice Breakers last weekend I'm thinking OSU will have the edge even over Miami having home ice.
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-13-2016, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Will Miami score an even strength goal? That is what I am most looking forward to seeing on Saturday night.
            2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
              Will Miami score an even strength goal? That is what I am most looking forward to seeing on Saturday night.
              I'll amend what I said earlier slightly that Ohio State will have the edge IF they stay out of the penalty box.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                I know, no offense but I think Miami & OSU dislike each other more than the team not yet mentioned. We'll get to you NEXT weekend! LOL!
                While the Battle of Ohio apparently starts without us, the Battle of the MAC also begins in earnest tomorrow night.

Comment

Having lost 7 straight to the Hawks should be enough motivation for the Buckeyes to come out flying. They need this one just to know they can beat this team. Last year the games were very competitive unlike some of the previous years. If they want to be taken serious especially in state they need to win tomorrow night. I am confident they get this one done knowing how much this rivalry has been so one sided the last 3 plus years.

Comment

1-0 Ohio State lead end of 1st. So far so good but a lot of game left.

Comment

Well that was interesting. I'll take the shootout win!
                      Great job in the net tonight by Tompkins!

Comment

Can someone explain to me what was going on in that second OT? I couldn't really hear the PA announcer when he explained the rules. They started at 4-on-4 and then suddenly seemed to switch to 3-on-3 in the middle of the 5 minutes.
                        Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                        University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                          Can someone explain to me what was going on in that second OT? I couldn't really hear the PA announcer when he explained the rules. They started at 4-on-4 and then suddenly seemed to switch to 3-on-3 in the middle of the 5 minutes.
                          I believe it was because there was 0:01 of a penalty left, so it started 4 on 3 (rather than 3 on 2). The penalty expired immediately and play proceeded as 4 on 4 until the first whistle, then 3 on 3 afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                            That same thing happened last weekend against Air Force. If there is a penalty when 3 on 3 occurs it becomes 4 on 3. If the penalty is killed it becomes 4 on 4 until a whistle stops play then they go back to 3 on 3.

Comment

Minutes into the season without an even strength goal for Miami: 185.
                              Record 1-1-1.

I can't say my focus was entirely on the Miami/OSU game with the Cubs game going on as well, but it seemed like a pretty evenly played game. I think OSU had the better of the chances overall, but there were some solid saves by both goaltenders. Looking forward to the rematch on New Years Eve.
                              2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Working...
                              X