X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread - 2016-2017

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
    Too bad Michigan is so down (they're fun to watch when they are good
    They're fun to watch when they are good? This is a joke, right?
    CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
      They're fun to watch when they are good? This is a joke, right?
      I've read several of your posts and tried to figure out what team you support, but all I've concluded is you're a little bitch when it comes to Michigan. Inferiority complex much?

Comment

Pretty much. Just think the state of Michigan's version of a St. Cloud fan

Comment

Gophers Coach Don Lucia has announced that Tommy Novak will miss the rest of the season w/ a lower-body injury
          https://***********/GopherHockey/sta...07611328245760
          Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
            Gophers Coach Don Lucia has announced that Tommy Novak will miss the rest of the season w/ a lower-body injury
            https://***********/GopherHockey/sta...07611328245760
            I didn't save the game. I can picture his leg going behind him after getting hit and knew it was a knee. What I can't picture is what led to hit. Was it inadvertent? Can't remember.

While this team is much deeper than last year's, this is still a big loss. Tough for Tom and hope he comes back next year right where he left off.

Comment

Not sure of the specifics of the injury. But the team in my mind has decent top end talent, good heart (shown by them not dropping games they should win), but not a lot of depth. The issue in terms of depth was last year's class which brought in an entire 4th line plus benchwarmer or two. We just can't afford to do that again until this group clears out (and they won't clear out for four years). Also bringing in so many 4th liners at one time makes injuries a bit more painful. We really need some of the older guys to reach the potential they have not to date.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                I didn't save the game. I can picture his leg going behind him after getting hit and knew it was a knee. What I can't picture is what led to hit. Was it inadvertent? Can't remember.

While this team is much deeper than last year's, this is still a big loss. Tough for Tom and hope he comes back next year right where he left off.
                I was at Mariucci Saturday. When Novak went down I thought knee, but then when he was squirming on the ice he got up to rest on his knees. Given the way his leg twisted it could just as easily be his ankle. He didn't put any pressure at all on his left foot while getting helped off the ice.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

1st in an improved B1G and 5th in RPI. I'll take it.

Comment

1st in an improved B1G and 5th in RPI. I'll take it.
                    I thought the Gophers played the best they have all season in the first period yesterday. With a little better finishing they could have easily put the game away in those first 20 minutes.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      I thought the Gophers played the best they have all season in the first period yesterday. With a little better finishing they could have easily put the game away in those first 20 minutes.
                      Unfortunately the game isn't one period and they did not look very good the rest of the way. Gonna need a better 60 minute effort to have any chance at a sweep.

Comment

Split on the road. Sweep at home.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Split on the road. Sweep at home.
                          Yup.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good to see Cammie is making a few noticeable plays per game for a positive reason. He seems to be on the right track. A couple really nice feeds last night. Hopefully he can get back to the form he can play with confidence and consistency.

Comment

Good to see Cammie is making a few noticeable plays per game for a positive reason. He seems to be on the right track. A couple really nice feeds last night. Hopefully he can get back to the form he can play with confidence and consistency.
                              Yeah but with Novak out he HAS to step up and be better. He did make a few real nice plays last night.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Don't look now but Schierhorn has allowed 2 or fewer goals in 9 of his last 12 played. As good as the Gophers offense has been I didn't think they could realistically expect to do much in March/April unless his game got back to what it was last year. Still a lot of games left to be played but the whole team is playing better overall hockey defensively. On the offensive side even Cammy is finding the score sheet and dare I say is playing more aggressively on the forecheck. Reminds me of the spurt he had last year in the playoffs that he somehow lost at the beginning of this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X