Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread - 2016-2017

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    When seeing how he went into the boards and his immediate reaction I knew it was lower body and something very serious (I guessed ACL). So disappointing that it happened, especially in what was a pretty insignificant game. I sure hope Glover is ready to step in and play well in whatever role they give him.
    The look on Lucia's face when Lindgren was being helped off the ice told you everything you needed to know about how valuable they view Ryan.
    Such a bummer. Not just for the team, but for Lindgren as well. What a ****ty time to go out with injury.

Time for some other guys to step up. Zuhlsdorf and Sadek need to buckle down as at least one of them is going to be seeing some increased minutes against top forwards.

Comment

Didn't see the game, but sad to hear about Lindgren's injury. It couldn't have come at worse time and I feel bad for a true competitor like Ryan going down just before the postseason. He's had a very good FR season and it's got to be emotionally tough for him as well as the team.

Comment

Really bad about Lindgren. Tiny silver lining...I'd rather have our 7th best D on the ice than pretty much anybody elses.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Really bad about Lindgren. Tiny silver lining...I'd rather have our 7th best D on the ice than pretty much anybody elses.
          It's been reported on another site that Mike Szmatula should be available for Friday's game. If true that's really good news.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            It's been reported on another site that Mike Szmatula should be available for Friday's game. If true that's really good news.
            That's great news for that 3rd. line, which overall has been snake bit since his injury. Any word on Lindgren's injury...what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
              That's great news for that 3rd. line, which overall has been snake bit since his injury. Any word on Lindgren's injury...what is it?
              Apparently it's a season-ending fractured ankle. Jack Glover will get his opportunity as the 6th D.

Comment

That's what I heard as well. I also heard he went in for surgery the night he broke it. Unconfirmed but it's what I heard.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

At least Glover is experienced. He has his fair share of mistakes, but you'd like to think he will make the best of this opportunity.

Good to hear Szmatula will be back. Good job by the training staff and the coaches if they were able to hold him out an extra week to get him ready for the playoffs.
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                    At least Glover is experienced. He has his fair share of mistakes, but you'd like to think he will make the best of this opportunity.

Good to hear Szmatula will be back. Good job by the training staff and the coaches if they were able to hold him out an extra week to get him ready for the playoffs.
                    Agreed. Glover has continued to play with the team and in theory should be at least as good as when he was playing in games regularly. So I'm keeping an open mind.

Agreed on why not holding out Szmatula during he MSU series. This year (to date) has bee a truly great job of coaching a team that I don't think should be quite as good as they've been.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

I realize that injuries are an unfortunate part of the game, as they are in most every sport, but I can't help but wonder what our PWR ranking might be if Novak and Szmatula had been healthy all season. And going forward how much our prospects would be improved if Novak and now Lindgren were available.

Of course I say that knowing full well that there's nothing you can do now other than make the absolute best with what you have.

Comment

With Penn State leading Michigan 4-1 after two, it sure looks like we'll be playing the Nittany Lions tomorrow evening. Sure hope our team comes ready to play and not over-confident, knowing that they're 4-0 against them this year.

Comment

Glover has only played 11 games this season. I watched him very closely last time he played which was more than a month ago against OSU. He didn't look confident back there at times, made some errant passes and generally struggled clearing the puck. If Glover can play better position hockey, take care of the puck with low risk decisions and use his size to inflict some pain and protection for Schierhorn he'll be fine.

Penn St. can't match the Gopher's speed, so I think Gadowski will attempt a different strategy and clog the neutral zone to slow the Gophers down and get pucks deep. A W and a Western Mich. loss to UMD and we're most likely back at #4 in the PWR.

Comment

Glover has only played 11 games this season. I watched him very closely last time he played which was more than a month ago against OSU. He didn't look confident back there at times, made some errant passes and generally struggled clearing the puck.
                            I guess there's a reason why he hasn't played since then...

If Glover can play better position hockey, take care of the puck with low risk decisions and use his size to inflict some pain and protection for Schierhorn he'll be fine.
                            Miracles can and do happen; I'm hoping for the best.

Penn St. can't match the Gopher's speed, so I think Gadowski will attempt a different strategy and clog the neutral zone to slow the Gophers down and get pucks deep.
                            No doubt. Hopefully by now the Gophs are used to these tactics, and will use their skill to break through and still take advantage of their speed, for all three periods!

Comment

So I couldn't watch live and my recording ended in the 2nd OT before the game ended. Tried to find a copy of the game I could watch without seeing outcome, but one I stumbled on the outcome, I just watched a video of the goal briefly. But reading a couple posts here, were the Gophers shorthanded in 2OT? If so, anyone have a video of the penalty, or a description, at least?

Comment

Bristedt put his arms around a player and brought him down for a holding penalty. Refs had swallowed their whistles for the both OTs up to that point and I thought missed a couple calls on Penn St. I can't remember a recent game where an opposing team had so much puck possession time and out-cycled the Gophers. From the 3rd onward there was little structure to the Gopher's game and in stretches they looked totally gassed. Schierhorn was the best player on the ice with his 59 saves and kept us in it.

Results of Mass-Lowell/BC and Western Mich./Denver games will most likely determine if we're #4 or #5 in the PWR. If we're #5, I'm guessing Fargo next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X