Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scores Weekend of 10/7

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    No score in the overtime so officially it'll go down as a 1-1 tie. Whichever team wins the shootout will get the extra point in the WCHA standings.
    Abby Roque was the only player to score in the shootout so the Badgers win the extra league point.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Union up 3-2 on Penn State after two. 14 penalties so far (7 apiece). I think the refs got issued new whistles and they're trying to break them in.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
        On the power play! Hope the penalty against Lauren Boyle was legit.
        Poor call by the referee that likely cost the Buckeyes the win. Those are the breaks you get when playing at home and you are ranked #1. Nice to see the Buckeyes compete. Well done. Just saying.

Comment

"Nice to see the Buckeyes compete."

Being out-shot 38 to 7 isn't competing. It's testing your defensive zone coverage and hanging on for dear life!

Comment

Union beats Penn State 4-2. Beyond that, I don't know how you beat a team 8-1 and then lose 4-2 the next day.

Comment

Bemidji State has a 1-0 lead over Minnesota with 9 minutes remaining in the 2nd period.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                "Nice to see the Buckeyes compete."

Being out-shot 38 to 7 ...
                Sauve was excellent. But that said, some days, the puck simply refuses to go into the net.

Comment

Interesting day so far in the WCHA...

Wisconsin ties OSU (wins shooutout)
                  Minnesota loses to BSU and UND loses to SCSU.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    Sauve was excellent. But that said, some days, the puck simply refuses to go into the net.
                    Gopher fans know what you mean. Bemidji wins 2-0 in a game the Gophers dominated after the first period.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                      Gopher fans know what you mean. Bemidji wins 2-0 in a game the Gophers dominated after the first period.
                      They got a huge assist from the refs. I am sure the stripers assure themselves they called it evenhandedly but the problem is that when one team needs to slow and obstruct and the other team wants play making & flow, not calling interference, holding & hooking heavily favors one team over the other so it is not even handed at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TwigBreaker View Post
                        Looks like a few teams need to sort out their goal tending issues: RIT, Union and Colgate. Terrific debut by Penn State goalie Daniela Paniccia.
                        After yesterday's scores you may have to add more teams
                        to the list.

Comment

Finals
                          BC 5, Maine 1
                          Vermont 3, BU 2

Comment

Originally posted by TwigBreaker View Post
                            Looks like a few teams need to sort out their goal tending issues: RIT, Union and Colgate. Terrific debut by Penn State goalie Daniela Paniccia.
                            I can assure you that Colgate doesn't have a goal tending issue. Vandyk was ECAC goalie of the week last week and notched a shutout this past Sunday. Coaching staff gave the freshman Auby a chance to play on Saturday. The first goal was a defensive breakdown in front of her that was not her fault. Vandyk will carry the load all season and it won't be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by WH Fan View Post
                              I can assure you that Colgate doesn't have a goal tending issue. Vandyk was ECAC goalie of the week last week and notched a shutout this past Sunday. Coaching staff gave the freshman Auby a chance to play on Saturday. The first goal was a defensive breakdown in front of her that was not her fault. Vandyk will carry the load all season and it won't be an issue.
                              Ok, the games played this past weekend were actually Friday and Saturday respectively.....

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                                They got a huge assist from the refs. I am sure the stripers assure themselves they called it evenhandedly but the problem is that when one team needs to slow and obstruct and the other team wants play making & flow, not calling interference, holding & hooking heavily favors one team over the other so it is not even handed at all.
                                Not sure I agree with you Net7. Although the refs definitely let them play, I think it went both ways. Neither team could score on the power play so likely wouldn't have matter anyways. Bottom line is Mowat was outstanding and simply was not going to let the Gophers score. All the credit goes to her IMO. Could have easily been a 5-1 game. On another note, if you want to complain about the "lack of calls", go watch some east coast games. They call everything! 15 and 19 penalties in two games last week. Horrible to watch, zero flow! Give me WCHA refs any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X