Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryn Athyn College Announces New Program for 2017-18

Rumors are finally true-

Bryn Athyn College, located just outside Philadelphia, announced their step into NCAA Division III hockey for 2017-18.

http://www.brynathynathletics.com/at...s/ncaahockeyd3

Re: Bryn Athyn College Announces New Program for 2017-18

Looks like another good fit for the UCHC.....
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Guesses on conference? Once they get going,they'd be a natural rival to Neumann
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Guesses on conference? Once they get going,they'd be a natural rival to Neumann
        See below.

The only other option I see is if the MAC finally pulls the trigger.

They have five core members with Stevenson, Manhattanville, Wilkes, LVC and Kings. Bryn Athyn could be an easy addition as an associate member and perhaps Neumann as well?
        Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 10-07-2016, 09:03 AM.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          See below.

The only other option I see is if the MAC finally pulls the trigger.

They have five core members with Stevenson, Manhattanville, Wilkes, LVC and Kings. Bryn Athyn could be an easy addition as an associate member and perhaps Neumann as well?
          I think that the UCHC will split into 2 divisions, where you would play the teams in your division twice and the other division once.
          If the MAC forms their own conference, then Elmira, Hobart, Utica, Nazareth, and Chatham would again be stuck without an autobid. Although, if NYU ever commits, then just 1 more would be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
            I think that the UCHC will split into 2 divisions, where you would play the teams in your division twice and the other division once.
            If the MAC forms their own conference, then Elmira, Hobart, Utica, Nazareth, and Chatham would again be stuck without an autobid. Although, if NYU ever commits, then just 1 more would be needed.
            With the loss of UNE, Daniel Webster and rumored departure of St. Mike's and St. A's, the NEHC would be at 7. Add Elmira, Hobart, Utica, Nazareth and Chatham and you have an even 12. Those 5 along with Skidmore could be a western division with Norwich, Castleton, UMass-Boston, Babson, USM and NEC as an eastern division.

Also, the article announcing their jump to varsity status implies they're going to stick with their open-air rink. I hope they do. I think that's awesome.
            Last edited by Buckeye22; 10-07-2016, 08:01 PM.
            Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
            University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
              With the loss of UNE, Daniel Webster and rumored departure of St. Mike's and St. A's, the NEHC would be at 7. Add Elmira, Hobart, Utica, Nazareth and Chatham and you have an even 12. Those 5 along with Skidmore could be a western division with Norwich, Castleton, UMass-Boston, Babson, USM and NEC as an eastern division.

Also, the article announcing their jump to varsity status implies they're going to stick with their open-air rink. I hope they do. I think that's awesome.
              I don't think trips to Pittsburgh from Vermont and Maine are happening anytime soon for conference games.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                I don't think trips to Pittsburgh from Vermont and Maine are happening anytime soon for conference games.
                Ya Chatham would definitely be the odd man out there. To be fair though Chatham to USM is about the same as Adrian to St. Scholastica out in the NCHA. So its possible. I don't think it will happen. My point is I just can't imagine the NEHC wanting to stay at 7 for very long, and I think for the sake of competition and facilities they'd be more inclined to go after some of the New York schools than a school like Suffolk or J&W.

Comment

They already have an on-campus ice rink, but is it still an open air rink?

https://www.google.com/search?q=junge+ice+hockey+rink&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVh6aXi9HPAhVBymMKHXe4CeYQ_AUIBygB&biw=375&bih=559#imgrc=tnY7CgdSkWoaRM%3A

Comment

Ya those aren't windows. It's open-air unless they have plans to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                      They already have an on-campus ice rink, but is it still an open air rink?

https://www.google.com/search?q=jung...7CgdSkWoaRM%3A
                      Fixed the link

Build that wall!!!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

^^^ Thanks!

I know up into the 90's there were still some D3 schools in the Eastern region with open air facilities. Closest I ever came to that experience in the Western region at that time was at St. Mary's; the visitors locker room used to be in a different building and you had to walk on rubber mats outside to get into the rink.
                        Last edited by altazo; 10-10-2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                          ^^^ Thanks!

I know up into the 90's there were still some D3 schools in the Eastern region with open air facilities. Closest I ever came to that experience in the Western region at that time was at St. Mary's; the visitors locker room used to be in a different building and you had to walk on rubber mats outside to get into the rink.
                          If I'm not mistaken Hobart was the last one to be closed in. As for having to walk outside to an adjacent building to get to the locker rooms, OSU Ice Rink is still that way for our women's team I believe...

Comment

Working...
                          X