Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    I remain confused by the "UNH was proven right" argument. The notion that a player like Vecchione excelling as a freshman somehow "validates" that they were not ready the year before is puzzling, to say the least.
    Great point!
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Good post, Nick. Maybe see you at Conte tonight; I will be wearing my UNH jersey and Bentley hat.
      Unfortunately missing this one. I have already missed one of our two home games. The new scheduling in HE sucks.
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Couple points. Umile has nothing to do with this, he knows nothing about recruiting, and delegated all of those decisions to Borek.
        This part frightens me if true and you know your stuff so ... yea this is scary.

How can a head coach not have a say in EVERY single piece of the program?!

Comment

Not my info, but from a Borek supporter who seems to have credible inside info.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6251804
          Greg
          I get it you're a friend of Richie's and you'll defend no matter what and I admire that. Dick Umile is a admirable man, gracious, humble, and giving I won't deny that. He Parker, York and Walsh were the Mount Rushmore of HE. What I'm arguing is that Coach Umile was a great coach when he was involved in all aspects of the program. You put all the blame on an assistant coach (Borek) for the downfall of this program "after initial success". There are two perspectives here your's is that Borek stopped being effective doing his job, and mine is that Borek was effective when he had the support of the head coach. Imagine being a recruit, in your living room is York, Parker, Leaman, and Borek wooing you to come be part of their program, wouldn't you say what's wrong with this picture? I'm an elite recruit being recruited by all the elite programs and Most of the HCs from those program came into my living room and watched me play dozens of times.
          You can believe it or not what if when Borek turned in his recruiting keys he had to write who the recruits were and how to contact them and what amount of scholarship they were offered? Why would the HC of a national championship team hire sure an inept recruiter to join his staff?
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

Not my info, but from a Borek supporter who seems to have credible inside info.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6251804
            UNH doesn't have some sort of in-house recruiting database? Jesus.

Comment

They did, but like Westworld, it became sentient, and started emailing randomly.
              The Souza record:
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place
              22-23 10th place

Comment

Go Habs .........

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  20% true which is good for this board..... But you are one of the best posters, for sure
                  Ten times better school, Won a national championship as a freshmen on first line, has been to multiple nhl camps, has about 15 NHL teams trying to sign when season is over, will end up as all time leading scorer, leading candidate for Hobey, on and on.,

Guessing it worked out for him. FYI, he went to Union because of his relationship with Paul Vincent and his strong ties to Union HC. Had multiple other Hockey East offers. Both schools and programs should be happy, it worked out great for both...
                  But he did wind up playing another year of juniors, didn't he?

As I said earlier, whether a program like UNH could afford to defer someone like Vecchione (or LaLeggia) is a whole other question. Clearly recent history has shown they could not. And, shocking or not, these decisions regarding who to bring in and at what time were based on the recommendations of the assistant coaches. When McCloskey and Lassonde were making the recommendations back in the "glory days" no one came on here or anyplace else and criticized the decision making hierarchy. But now that they wheels have fallen off the bus, people are shocked, I say shocked, to find out that Umile was not a hands on recruiter. I knew this 20 years ago, not sure why all you experts didn't. And because I knew how Umile operated, I also knew it was incumbent on Borek to be a responsible talent evaluator which, as it turns out, he was not. And, yes, Umile should have been more engaged and, yes, if he was, he should have fired Borek. But he wasn't, and he didn't and that's why we are where we are now.
                  Last edited by Greg Ambrose; 11-08-2016, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                    But he did wind up playing another year of juniors, didn't he?
                    There's your 20%.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      BTW, chickod - excellent voter suppression technique earlier in this thread! You make many proud I'm sure...
                      Oh. Did I steal your car or something? You can't make it to the polls? Tell me exactly how I "suppressed" your vote? Oh, that's right...anyone who doesn't agree with the left is a moron. How stupid of me? The first amendment only exists for those who agree with you...labels, name-calling, "racist," "misogynistic", "sexist" and every other kind of "ist." Too bad there isn't anything POSITIVE you can say about your candidate instead of just trashing the opposition...
                      Last edited by chickod; 11-08-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Oh...I just saw that you're in Denver. You should probably go smoke some dope before you vote...maybe you'll make a mistake...it's a different story when someone attacks YOU, right? We've listened to this crap for a year now. I hope you'll still be able to afford tickets once the currency changes. Maybe you can get some gold from the hills up there in Boulder.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                          Go Habs .........
                          Well that was just unnecessary
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Oh...I just saw that you're in Denver. You should probably go smoke some dope before you vote...maybe you'll make a mistake...it's a different story when someone attacks YOU, right? We've listened to this crap for a year now. I hope you'll still be able to afford tickets once the currency changes. Maybe you can get some gold from the hills up there in Boulder.
                            Please Moderators, can you suspend this person from the boards?

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post
                              Go Habs .........
                              That 10-0 drubbing was a shocker! Go B's......Go Cats.....

And yes I voted!
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

With the political tensions of late, I'm going to politely suggest to anyone who might be interested ... check out the original 1962 version of The Manchurian Candidate and notice who the "red-baiters" turn out to be.

Interesting juxtaposition, if placed into the context of the events of the last several months. Just sayin' ...
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X