Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Coach Umile was featured on Inside Hockey East.
    http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/media/inside.php

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
      Watched the goal. Just as I remembered. Great outlet pass from Tim Murray, Bogey comes down the left wing, cuts to the middle and scores. One fan, behind the net jumping up and down, a fan who I found out later was Mr. Boguniecki, the father. The arena, which on TV (or maybe it was the DVD) was pretty dark but it looked about half full. So I whipped out my 1994-1995 Media Guide which had the game wrap ups from the year before and, lo and behold, the attendance was 2,795. So Chuck, you and I were right. The game was on March 12, a Sunday I think, probably during spring break.

Btw, and no surprise, Eric Boguniecki was one of the more dynamic players UNH has ever had, on and off the ice. Always remember the Hockey Banquet at the end of his senior year in 1997. After the festivities were over, he walks out of the New England Center with his parents, with a whole bunch of kids trailing behind shouting his name. He turned around, gave them all a small pep talk, got into the car, rolled down the window and waved to his adoring masses as he drove out of Durham for the last time. Actually, he still was in Durham getting ready for graduation, but I couldn't resist a bit of hyperbole.
      My favorite Bogey memory was after getting a game misconduct, I believe during his senior year, he threw the first out on the first UNH goal. Th crowd went wild!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Yes on Red Berenson, but no mention of Bob Daniels in article, rather our own DU in third behind Rick Gotkin.

Sadly, I cannot make either of the "cupcake" games this weekend, but will be at Conte on Tuesday and back at the Whitt for AZ.
        Right, I saw the article listed Dick third and Daniels may or may not be fourth but he is close behind at over 20 years himself. I did not do the research but did see that Daniels is only 57 - he certainly looks much older...
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
          My favorite Bogey memory was after getting a game misconduct, I believe during his senior year, he threw the first out on the first UNH goal. Th crowd went wild!
          The first, or the phish, or the fish? Either way, agreed that the crowd went wild, as it was Snively!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            The first, or the phish, or the fish? Either way, agreed that the crowd went wild, as it was Snively!
            Got me Snively! It was the Whitt however. Remember, he was probably a senior and those early Whitt years we could nearly fill the house.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
              Got me Snively! It was the Whitt however. Remember, he was probably a senior and those early Whitt years we could nearly fill the house.
              And, you got me. Of course, Bogie was a freshman when he scored the last goal ever at Snively, was a sophomore during the year in Manchester, and played his last two years at the Whitt. But, I am guessing that he must have come back after graduation if he indeed threw the fish, as I do not think that players were ever involved in that ritual, which began in the early 70s at Snively.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                And, you got me. Of course, Bogie was a freshman when he scored the last goal ever at Snively, was a sophomore during the year in Manchester, and played his last two years at the Whitt. But, I am guessing that he must have come back after graduation if he indeed threw the fish, as I do not think that players were ever involved in that ritual, which began in the early 70s at Snively.
                Pretty sure it was as a player. IIRC, he got a game misconduct and had to sit out the next game. So he was in the stands and went down and did fish duties.
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                  Pretty sure it was as a player. IIRC, he got a game misconduct and had to sit out the next game. So he was in the stands and went down and did fish duties.
                  This is how I remembered that situation as well. Classic Bogie.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Random q: is Conte Forum accessible by subway (Green line I imagine) thanks. Oh, it's game day..
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      This is how I remembered that situation as well. Classic Bogie.
                      I stand corrected; sorry that I missed that one. Was Bogie a member of the fraternity that took on the fish duties?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Random q: is Conte Forum accessible by subway (Green line I imagine) thanks. Oh, it's game day..
                        Here is a map; yes, green line. There is also free parking in the six-level garage next to Conte.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_ma.../?stopId=10152

Comment

Where is Collin Bouque this year? Was there something on one of our threads about his departure? Thanks.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Here is a map; yes, green line. There is also free parking in the six-level garage next to Conte.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_ma.../?stopId=10152
                            Thanks for this! I have a friend who has a ticket so am currently considering going...As per Collin Borque all I ever knew was that he left the team have no other particulars...
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                              Where is Collin Bouque this year? Was there something on one of our threads about his departure? Thanks.
                              If you are not one of his twitter followers, which I am not, you are apparently out of luck. But, he has not been on the team in two years, right?

https://twitter.com/bourquey17

Comment

Verizon isn't even bothering selling up level tickets for the game against Maine. Very sad how much attendance has declined in recent years. It definitely isn't just you.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X