• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    https://***********/UMDHockeygifs/st...72673519124485

https://***********/UMDHockeygifs/st...71532148367360

Two GIFs of the OT waived off goal. The ref points emphatically for the goal, he never waives it off.
    I would love to see the overhead view of that play.

Hopefully the Hawks can stay out the box tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      I only saw one ref near the net and he pointed... I dunno...
      Interesting. The twitter things show him on the far side of net to me. When I saw him motioning he was on the side closest to me waving off. Goes to show why eye witness accounts are messed up. I really did see him wave off and told the person next to me when I saw it.

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
      My recollection of the play was that the puck had not crossed the line when Smith made contact. Smith actually had to swipe at the puck with his stick to guide the puck into the net. It was during this swiping motion that he made contact with the goaltender and it appeared that the goaltender was in such a position that he could not attempt to slide across the crease to try and block the shot.

Again, this is my recollection of the play and all points made may not be 100% factual.
      I guess video shows clearly puck had crossed line before contact was made. Moot point because they can't review it. Would feel better if they said it happened before the thing went in.

And onward.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Interesting. The twitter things show him on the far side of net to me. When I saw him motioning he was on the side closest to me waving off. Goes to show why eye witness accounts are messed up. I really did see him wave off and told the person next to me when I saw it.

I guess video shows clearly puck had crossed line before contact was made. Moot point because they can't review it. Would feel better if they said it happened before the thing went in.

And onward.
        It'll happen... I didn't remember the ref being behind them net. I thought he was in front to the side.

---

I was a realtor until 230 or so... I didn't make the soccer game. Twitter says they're up 4-0.. I'm at a brewery 10 miles away
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

It'll happen... I didn't remember the ref being behind them net. I thought he was in front to the side.

---

I was a realtor until 230 or so... I didn't make the soccer game. Twitter says they're up 4-0.. I'm at a brewery 10 miles away
          I saw him on side by zamboni doors. Maybe I am out of my mind.

Comment

I saw him on side by zamboni doors. Maybe I am out of my mind.
            Maybe it's because you've seen so many Lowell goals waived off over the years?

Comment

A lot to be excited with the men's soccer team this year
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                A lot to be excited with the men's soccer team this year
                6 games left... if they keep up the undefeated streak that pressure is going to get intense.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Embarrassing third period by Lowell.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Two nights in a row. Wall looks like the real deal in goal though.
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

They seemed to run out of gas again in the 3rd, the penalties didn't help. Wall looked good and Conner Wilson had a very good weekend. Tough night for Kapla.

Comment

And onward.
                        OK, rule book experts, here is a hypothetical situation for you. If in fact the ref behind the net signals a goal by pointing at the net (as shown in the GIFs) and this happens about a second before the trailing ref puts his hand up to signal a penalty, and this can be proven, can the outcome of the game be changed by the NCAA?

Oh, and BTW, I stand corrected. Smith did not guide the puck into the net by swiping at it. It was actually redirected by the UMD player (#3) that was sprawled on the ice in front of the net. If it had not been redirected, Smith's shot would have gone wide.
                        Last edited by pressbox; 10-08-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          Two nights in a row. Wall looks like the real deal in goal though.
                          Wall looked fantastic. Very Hellebuyck like in his approach; always squared to the puck and no wasted movement. I don't see the need to to play anyone else right now.
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

Game highlights.

Post game press conference.

Coach Norm Bazin

Coach Scott Sandelin

Bulldog Hockey Blog recap.
                            Last edited by boblav1; 10-08-2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
                              OK, rule book experts, here is a hypothetical situation for you. If in fact the ref behind the net signals a goal by pointing at the net (as shown in the GIFs) and this happens about a second before the trailing ref puts his hand up to signal a penalty, and this can be proven, can the outcome of the game be changed by the NCAA?

Oh, and BTW, I stand corrected. Smith did not guide the puck into the net by swiping at it. It was actually redirected by the UMD player (#3) that was sprawled on the ice in front of the net. If it had not been redirected, Smith's shot would have gone wide.
                              If the NCAA didn't overturn that Oklahoma State football game, there's a 0% chance they're overturning this one.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                                Ugh. Disturbing pattern.

Let's hope tonight's game flows better and things loosen up a bit.

Meanwhile there's nary a BC fan about after their loss to Air Force last night. Going to be a rough year for them I think.
                                I disagree. But I'm a homer.

Last season was a rough year. All that talent and never reached full potential. Disappointing.
                                Last edited by FiveHole12; 10-09-2016, 08:15 AM.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X