X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    For Stat geeks like me, please answer this. Why was Metcalf credited with a win at Dartmouth, when he was pulled at 3-3. Wall came in to save things and was in for the game winning goal? Metcalf 30:26 minutes, Wall 29:34 minutes.
    Then, why was Hernberg credited with a Loss at Notre Dame when he came in to mop up for Wall who had started and gave up 4 goals? Wall 48:22, Hernberg 11:36. It seems to me that Wall should have one more win and one more loss..
    Wall was credited with both of those. http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/stat...s17.php?umlm29
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
      For Stat geeks like me, please answer this. Why was Metcalf credited with a win at Dartmouth, when he was pulled at 3-3. Wall came in to save things and was in for the game winning goal? Metcalf 30:26 minutes, Wall 29:34 minutes.
      Then, why was Hernberg credited with a Loss at Notre Dame when he came in to mop up for Wall who had started and gave up 4 goals? Wall 48:22, Hernberg 11:36. It seems to me that Wall should have one more win and one more loss..
      What source are you using for your box scores? According to Hockey East Wall was given a Loss in that Notre Dame game and the win at Dartmouth.

ND box
      http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mndmuml1.n18
      Dartmouth box
      http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mdaruml1.d31

Edit: Scott beat me to this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
        Lowell up to fifth in pairwise. They seem to have turned it around after the UConn weekend which I think served as a wake up call. A sweep of Providence this coming weekend is much needed to stay within striking distance of BC but also to hopefully create some separation, or at least stay with, the logjam of teams in 2-7 place in the standings.

Should be a great crowd Friday with the students back too.
        Lowell finishes NC play with an 8-2-2 record. Not bad at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          What source are you using for your box scores? According to Hockey East Wall was given a Loss in that Notre Dame game and the win at Dartmouth.

ND box
          Dartmouth box

The riverbank official website, via USCHO, had Wall at 13-3 in the Stats section. I guess they are wrong, which makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

ND box
            Dartmouth box

On the USCHO national stats page, Wall sits at 7th in country with a 1.89 GAA and a 14-4-1 record. Not too shabby for the freshman. In nine of his wins, he's got one shutout and only given up one goal in each of the other eight.

With that though, that was lazy puck play behind the net last night that led to Amherst's lone goal.

Meanwhile over on that UMass hoops message board hockey thread (since all the Amherst fans have disappeared from USCHO), very little of substance on the game. Usually it's very entertaining to read the blather about "flagship this" and "flagship that" related to Lowell.
            Last edited by riverchief1; 01-15-2017, 09:41 AM.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              On the USCHO national stats page, Wall sits at 7th in country with a 1.89 GAA and a 14-4-1 record. Not too shabby for the freshman. In nine of his wins, he's got one shutout and only given up one goal in each of the other eight.

With that though, that was lazy puck play behind the net last night that led to Amherst's lone goal.
              As Norm mentioned, it wasn't exactly their "A" game last night. They'll need to play much better against Providence.

Comment

They dominated the game (shots 37-15 I think). I'll take win #7 in a row overall.

But the schedule gets a lot tougher next weekend.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  They dominated the game (shots 37-15 I think). I'll take win #7 in a row overall.

But the schedule gets a lot tougher next weekend.
                  Big games big teams need wins

Comment

This is the 8th winning streak of 7+ games in Lowell's D1 history, and the 4th one in the last 5 seasons. It's the 3rd unbeaten streak of 8+ games in the school's D1 history, and the 3rd one in the last 5 seasons.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Lowell moves up to #5 in this week's rankings, garnering two #1 votes. I don't particularly care ... but I am impressed that Penn State is the #1 team in the country currently. Not bad for a program that just started this decade!
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Lowell moves up to #5 in this week's rankings, garnering two #1 votes. I don't particularly care ... but I am impressed that Penn State is the #1 team in the country currently. Not bad for a program that just started this decade!
                        Long live papa joe

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                          Long live papa joe
                          Personally, I'm glad he's long gone.
                          Monty

Comment

After Saturday's game at Providence, Lowell likely will not have to leave the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for a game until the NCAA tourney - 2 months from now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              After Saturday's game at Providence, Lowell likely will not have to leave the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for a game until the NCAA tourney - 2 months from now.
                              We have to do a lot of winning between then and now for that as much as I'd like to think a first round bye is in the bag
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Looks like Frozen Fenway will be back again. Since Lowell was one of 4 teams that wasn't involved this time, we'll probably be involved next time.

Originally posted by Joe Bertagna
                                So despite critics, most of whom not active participants in these events, we (Hockey East) will work with the Red Sox to do this again and give more players and families the chance to experience and enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X