PDA

View Full Version : 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Felger
01-29-2017, 10:27 AM
I think Bazin needs to grow the beard back

boblav1
01-29-2017, 10:44 AM
With 14 available points left for Lowell in league play, the team currently finds itself outside of a bye spot. They are currently tied for fifth with UNH. UConn and PC are one point behind, each with a game in hand. And they BOTH have the tiebreaker over Lowell.

Don't forget NU. They will most likely be two points behind heading into Friday's game. They play Amherst Tuesday. The UNH game Saturday will be Lowell's game in hand on the Huskies.

The Hawks are down to 13th in the pairwise. PC is now ahead of them at 11th. Two teams currently going in opposite directions.

UML03
01-30-2017, 12:33 PM
sat on my thoughts of this past weekend/weekends results until I had a chance to soak it all in and look at the big picture. Although these last 4 games have not given us the results we as fans have wanted...I am going to choose to be optimistic on how the rest of this season will unfold for UML. This year more then any other that I can remember the parity in college hockey should make any team that gets an at large bid feel pretty good about their chances of making it to the frozen 4. As far as Hockey East, I would say this holds true as well. Yes, BU in particular seems to be at the top of the class with all their young high end talent...but this past week with MC beating them twice goes to show you not only can a bottom half of the league team beat a top team on any given night...they can do it in back to back games.

The loses vs PC to me were in large do to the fact that we had not played a top 30 RPI team in the previous 7 games and were not prepared to play a team such as PC. In fact, I would say getting out to a quick 2-0 lead in that gave the team a little false sense of security. As far as this past weekends games...overall I thought the team played much better...especially in the BU game. As much as I hate to pin a lose on one player, my gut tells me if Wall got that start on Friday...UML wins. The team was playing well until the soft goal that made it 3-2 with just under 8 min left to play. With that said, we still had a 3-2 lead and we took yet another dumb penalty. The BU game to me was some of the best hockey the team has played in the last 2 months. If there was any other goalie other then Oettinger in net UML wins that game.

Now if you told me at the start of the season we would be 2 points out of 3rd place in Hockey East and 13 in PWR with 7 games remaining...I would have said that sounds about right. I think its awesome we have high expectations and that we at UML have come to expect trips to the Garden each March accompanied with NCAA bids. The fact of the matter is we are still in position to make both those happen...any team that has Bazin behind the bench and the leadership of Joey G on the ice I will not stop believing in.

ScottK
01-30-2017, 08:53 PM
Joe Gambardella and CJ Smith are both on the ballot for the Hobey Baker voting.

https://apps.facebook.com/hobeybaker/form/2017-vote-for-hobey-fan-vote

riverchief1
01-30-2017, 09:21 PM
Joe Gambardella and CJ Smith are both on the ballot for the Hobey Baker voting.

https://apps.facebook.com/hobeybaker/form/2017-vote-for-hobey-fan-vote

I voted. Everyone should spread the word. Anyone know if you can vote each day or is it one and done?

Hopefully they hit bottom last weekend even though they looked pretty good against BU and came up against a tough goaltender, could've been a 5-2 win. A sweep this coming weekend is absolutely necessary.

UML Puck Hawk
01-31-2017, 01:17 PM
I voted. Everyone should spread the word. Anyone know if you can vote each day or is it one and done?

Hopefully they hit bottom last weekend even though they looked pretty good against BU and came up against a tough goaltender, could've been a 5-2 win. A sweep this coming weekend is absolutely necessary.

Its a vote everyday thing

boblav1
01-31-2017, 10:18 PM
Don't forget NU. They will most likely be two points behind heading into Friday's game. They play Amherst Tuesday. The UNH game Saturday will be Lowell's game in hand on the Huskies.

NU defeated UMA 6-5 tonight. The Huskies went 3 for 5 on the PP.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/boxes17.php?mnoeuma1.j31

leswp1
01-31-2017, 10:19 PM
voted again. vote and share on FB.

boblav1
02-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Who's heading to NU tomorrow night? I'm hoping to be there.

UML03
02-02-2017, 04:29 PM
Starting to think we need to start a new thread with 2017 in the title. Call me superstitious ( I am ), but 2017 hasn't been kind to us thus far.

UMLFan
02-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Starting to think we need to start a new thread with 2017 in the title. Call me superstitious ( I am ), but 2017 hasn't been kind to us thus far.
My fault on that one ... and the fact that there's really no moderators on this board.

Patman
02-02-2017, 06:35 PM
My fault on that one ... and the fact that there's really no moderators on this board.

and we like to maintain evidence that even Monty makes mistakes ;)

boblav1
02-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Northeastern has a free video feed for tonight's game.
https://portal.stretchinternet.com/northeastern/

riverchief1
02-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Northeastern has a free video feed for tonight's game.
https://portal.stretchinternet.com/northeastern/
As well as that handy free parking over the tracks behind Matthews. Already cozying up to the bar nearby at Conor Larkin's on Huntington around the corner as the pregame bar tour at away Hockey East games continues.

ScottK
02-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Before tonight, Lowell was 0-5-0 this season when trailing by 2 goals at any point in a game and 3-45-4 since Norm took over as head coach. Huge comeback and a much-needed win. Lowell will be no worse than tied for 4th when the night is over. Now go get 2 more points tomorrow!

LTI Alum
02-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Worst loss of the Bazin era, period. Metcalf was garbage all night and he cost them the game. Almost every shot he got in front of provided a rebound. Pathetic and embarrassing.

After the worst loss of the Bazin Era, this one was one of their best. Great gutty performance tonight. Norm should be proud. The pressure seemed to be showing on him tonight. WOW!
I even felt that they didn't bother showing up tonight the way they played all the way up to the Hausinger penalty.

LTI Alum
02-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Before tonight, Lowell was 0-5-0 this season when trailing by 2 goals at any point in a game and 3-45-4 since Norm took over as head coach. Huge comeback and a much-needed win. Lowell will be no worse than tied for 4th when the night is over. Now go get 2 more points tomorrow!

Great stat on the 3-45-4 record.

ScottK
02-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Game Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH_glUdea-E

Norm's Post-Game Comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d17jh1Igs5A

Patronick
02-03-2017, 10:40 PM
To say Lowell needed that win would be the understatement of the year. Good to see Lowell fight back after being down 3-1 after surrendering a 3-1 lead against NU last week.

riverchief1
02-04-2017, 06:56 AM
To say Lowell needed that win would be the understatement of the year. Good to see Lowell fight back after being down 3-1 after surrendering a 3-1 lead against NU last week.

Agreed. It was a little concerning down 2-0 in the first but as the second period progressed, you could see momentum and control swinging Lowell's way.

Just need to have the Force with Lowell tonight vs. UNH and they may have righted the sinking ship of a season after last night.