X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    A good job by the Hawks of taking care of business tonight against RPI. Time to get some rest after 6 days on the road with 3 games in 5 nights. Big game at UNH Friday night.
    They've done well the past several games since the UConn loss and tie, beating the teams they should and need to. Heading into this stretch I was nervous given Lowell's tendency to blow the games against lesser competition but they came through with flying colors. Losing these sorts of games have hurt them in the past so very happy with the team's performance over the past few weeks.

UNH is a huge game as although the Wildcats are just 9-7-2 (35th in Pairwise), they sit in third place in Hockey East at 5-1-1 and only two points behind Lowell. Need the win to keep UNH from gaining and also keep pace and hopefully close the four point gap with first place BC. Haven't been to UNH in some time so looking forward to heading up there Friday afternoon.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
      UNH is a huge game as although the Wildcats are just 9-7-2 (35th in Pairwise), they sit in third place in Hockey East at 5-1-1 and only two points behind Lowell. Need the win to keep UNH from gaining and also keep pace and hopefully close the four point gap with first place BC. Haven't been to UNH in some time so looking forward to heading up there Friday afternoon.
      UNH also has three games in hand on Lowell. So if they were to win Friday, they'd be tied in points, but have three games in hand still. Ouch.

The first round bye isn't going to be easy this year. Outside of BC, very little separation amongst 6 teams with only three points separating them. And all have at least one game in hand on Lowell, making this game even more vital.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Another team that's behind us that is scary ... BU wins 5-4 in OT, coming back to beat #10 Union at home. This all while 7 BU players are playing in the World Junior Finals tonight (and three have scored a goal so far).

Yikes.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Joe Gambardella Interviewed by ASN (starts at 8:45)
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Here's an accompanying article:
            http://americansportsnet.com/gritty-...wants-to-play/

Also weekend preview:
            https://youtu.be/ETifHCyiI3M

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Another team that's behind us that is scary ... BU wins 5-4 in OT, coming back to beat #10 Union at home. This all while 7 BU players are playing in the World Junior Finals tonight (and three have scored a goal so far).

Yikes.
              They were far and away the pre-season favorite so I won't be surprised if they go on a huge run now. What I find most surprising is how wrong the prognosticators were about BC. Apparently this is BC's best Hockey East record to start a season ever. Given all of their success, that's amazing.

Comment

who is going up to unh.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLDOUG View Post
                  who is going up to unh.
                  Heading up in a little while. Haven't been up there in years, not like the old days when UNH fans would bang the place out and would have to go to Lowell and turn Tsongas into UNH south.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    Heading up in a little while. Haven't been up there in years, not like the old days when UNH fans would bang the place out and would have to go to Lowell and turn Tsongas into UNH south.
                    I'll be watching on tv as I can't make it to UNH for 6:00 pm. Hopefully the Hawks are rested and ready to go. This will be their 4th game in 8 days. UNH has played a single game since returning from the break.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLDOUG View Post
                      who is going up to unh.
                      I might get to watch if my antenna can steal the channel!!!
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Friendship Four teams for 2017 & 2018 revealed.

According to Joe Bertagna, Lowell would like to play in the tournament again.
                        Last edited by boblav1; 01-06-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          Friendship Four teams for 2017 & 2018 revealed.

Accounting to Joe Bertagna, Lowell would like to play in the tournament again.
                          It would be cool if the 2019 field included all of the previous winners. A tournament of champions might also be compelling enough to treat all of the games as non-conference, just in case the ECAC doesn't win the next two.

Comment

Any TV covg online? asking for someone not local

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Any TV covg online? asking for someone not local
                              If I find something I'll pass it along
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment