This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Any other night this is a 5-4 Lowell win... but tonight with this manner of officiating, nope
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      Any other night this is a 5-4 Lowell win... but tonight with this manner of officiating, nope
      Word is the goal was across the line before CJ touched the goalie but you can't review goalie interference which was called before the review.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Word is the goal was across the line before CJ touched the goalie but you can't review goalie interference which was called before the review.
        according to bob and jim they never had their hand up... I'm sorry if your reaction isn't to call it, you are behind the play, and time evolves then they shouldn't call the penalty and let the result being what it is.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

according to bob and jim they never had their hand up... I'm sorry if your reaction isn't to call it, you are behind the play, and time evolves then they shouldn't call the penalty and let the result being what it is.
          The ref behind the net immediately waved it off and motioned a penalty at CJ. I saw it but I think I was the only one in the rink. Everyone else was going wild.

Comment

Also heard tonight the new point of emphasis is to call everything. Supposed to speed up game for players. I guess if you clear the ice of players the ones left have more room to skate.

Comment

What a crazy game. I was wondering why they never looked at the video to see if the puck was in before Smith made contact. Hopefully we'll see more 5 on 5 tomorrow night.

Comment

Comment

Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

from the NCAA Rulebook, Rule 73.1

Goals should be disallowed only if an attacking player, either by positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend the goal.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Also heard tonight the new point of emphasis is to call everything. Supposed to speed up game for players. I guess if you clear the ice of players the ones left have more room to skate.
                    14 two minute penalties were called tonight in the third period tonight between PC-Mismi. It was a very clean game so no antics as they called EVERYTHING
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Game highlights are up.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Lowell got hosed, no two ways about it. That puck was in before Smith made contact.

Regardless of that play, Lowell should have had a W tonight. The inability to finish grade A chances and the inability to stay out of the M***** penalty box killed them.

Interesting that Bazin called out several players in the post game radio interview, specifically Kapla, Zink and Campbell. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Campbell isn't in the lineup tomorrow night, he was a ghost out there.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                          Lowell got hosed, no two ways about it. That puck was in before Smith made contact.

Regardless of that play, Lowell should have had a W tonight. The inability to finish grade A chances and the inability to stay out of the M***** penalty box killed them.

Interesting that Bazin called out several players in the post game radio interview, specifically Kapla, Zink and Campbell. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Campbell isn't in the lineup tomorrow night, he was a ghost out there.
                          they looked good for spots in the game... but man that 3rd... defense needs some work

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

The ref behind the net immediately waved it off and motioned a penalty at CJ. I saw it but I think I was the only one in the rink. Everyone else was going wild.
                            The ref behind the net? Are you sure, because I saw him come in and point at the goal. In any event, if any official called the penalty initially on the ice there was arm raised for a penalty.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

they looked good for spots in the game... but man that 3rd... defense needs some work
                              To be fair they were skating uphill in the 3rd. The officiating became curiously one sided in the third period. Even as tight as they were calling it, there were multiple infractions on UMD that suddenly didn't seem to meet the standard in the 3rd period.
                              Lowell Forever
                              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                                To be fair they were skating uphill in the 3rd. The officiating became curiously one sided in the third period. Even as tight as they were calling it, there were multiple infractions on UMD that suddenly didn't seem to meet the standard in the 3rd period.
                                The one where CJ Smith got clocked in the head at center ice in front of the ref with no call was especially baffling.

Comment

Working...
                                X