X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Lowell has lost three straight to UConn. Hopefully that streak ends on Friday. They are coming off two losses at home against BC and Sacred Heart.
    Yes, UConn is a recent nemesis for Lowell. Lowell has a habit of playing annoyingly bad versus teams they seemingly shouldn't have issues with (see games like Maine this year, AIC in the past, the dreaded Sacred Heart game a few years ago, and other less dramatic examples). Whether it's a lack of urgency on Lowell's part, taking the opponent for granted, or the opponent just throwing caution to the wind and getting really jacked to play the higher ranked team, Lowell seems not able to adjust, react, or whatever and take control of the game. That can't happen this weekend. No split, just sweep to keep pace with BC and try to put some distance between the teams below them in the HE standings.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 11-28-2016, 06:10 PM.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

I agree that they need a sweep, or at least 3 points this weekend if they want to contend for first place. I'm not sure this year's Maine team is as bad as those AIC and SHU teams were. The pairwise killing trap game this year could be that RPI game on the road the Tuesday following the Dartmouth tournament. Hopefully they survive that one.
      Last edited by Middle Street; 11-28-2016, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
        No split, just sweep to keep pace with BC and try to put some distance between the teams below them in the HE standings.
        BC keeps rolling. They got a SHG with 23 seconds left tonight to defeat NU 2-1.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          BC keeps rolling. They got a SHG with 23 seconds left tonight to defeat NU 2-1.
          Lowell needs to take care of business vs. UConn this weekend and sweep them. Need the four points.
          Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Yes, UConn is a recent nemesis for Lowell. .
            OK. We got this right?
            We won't be wearing our 3rd jersey. Check.
            UConn is 2-5-1 wins against Top 20 RPI ranked teams and UML has a 5-2-2 record against Top 20 RPI ranked teams. Check.
            UML has better Analytic numbers. Check.
            We've got Norm. Check.
            Why am I nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
              OK. We got this right?
              UConn is 2-5-1 wins against Top 20 RPI ranked teams and UML has a 5-2-2 record against Top 20 RPI ranked teams. Check.
              We've got Norm. Check.
              Why am I nervous.
              Because every year their goalie stands on his head for one game
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                Because every year their goalie stands on his head for one game
                As a numbers guy I've become so much "eff the numbers"... I still believe in them as statements in the long term... they will guide you to better answers... but in the specific... oh heck no. I've seen too much go plaid over the ywars
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                  OK. We got this right?
                  We've got Norm. Check.
                  Why am I nervous.
                  Because these are the type of games where Lowell lays their classic egg as for some reason they don't appear to be up for the games as much as they should be, take the opposition for granted, have a lack of urgency, or fail to adjust to whatever twists the other team is throwing at them. I'll be at both games this weekend watching with one eye open, waiting for disaster to occur. I hope that I'll be pleasantly surprised and Lowell comes away with a minimum of three or all four points. The points are very much needed.
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Hey Lowell Fans, I have two extra tickets to tonight's game against UCONN at the Tsongas. Game time is 7:15. email me if interested at beachockey@Comcast.net GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Let's start with a win tonight, and then worry about the sweep tonight.

Big 2 points at first.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Let's start with a win tonight, and then worry about the sweep tonight.

Big 2 points at first.
                        Agree, one game at a time. Hopefully they come out flying and take care of business.

In other UML sports news:
                        Joel Bancroft resigns as women's head soccer coach
                        Last edited by boblav1; 12-02-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Because these are the type of games where Lowell lays their classic egg as for some reason they don't appear to be up for the games as much as they should be, take the opposition for granted, have a lack of urgency, or fail to adjust to whatever twists the other team is throwing at them. I'll be at both games this weekend watching with one eye open, waiting for disaster to occur. I hope that I'll be pleasantly surprised and Lowell comes away with a minimum of three or all four points. The points are very much needed.
                          Let's break this mini curse vs Yukon. Last year Tage Thompson killed us on the PP. We can't take dumb penalties. Let's Go Boys!

Comment

Uconn and Tage Thompson especially has Lowell's number. Seems like if Lowell doesn't score the first goal they won't win the game. Really dissapointing they coukdn't cash in with that late powerplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              Uconn and Tage Thompson especially has Lowell's number. Seems like if Lowell doesn't score the first goal they won't win the game. Really dissapointing they coukdn't cash in with that late powerplay.
                              So much for taking care of business. Give credit to UConn on a nice win. Through two periods they looked quicker, faster and more talented. The inability to come up with a big goal is killing Lowell. The PP continues to struggle and looks disorganized.

Game highlights:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8xX...ature=youtu.be

Norm's post game press conference:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBVu...ature=youtu.be
                              Last edited by boblav1; 12-02-2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Well that blew but not totally unexpected given UML/UConn history. Hoping they can get the UConn monkey off their back this afternoon but I'm not counting on it. UConn just seems to know how to play Lowell and Lowell can't adjust to it.

After today, under no circumstances would I want to see UConn again this season. Not a team I want to see Lowell facing in the HE Tournament.
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X