• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

well done

Comment

Now 8-1-2 against the Irish since they darkened Hockey East's doorstep. It's going to be a shame seeing those points leave the conference next season.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Good win last night. Too bad we can't see any of the real highlights from the game. Notre Dame's post game "highlight"
        reel only shows their team in action. They do not realize that another team is involved and as a last thought they do say that
        Lowell actually won the game.
        Last edited by gochiefs; 11-18-2016, 07:53 AM.
        What did you say?
        Who own the Chiefs?
        What did he say?
        Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
          Good win last night. Too bad we can't see any of the real highlights from the game. Notre Dame's post game "highlight"
          reel only shows their team in action. They do not realize that another team is involved and as a last though do say that
          Lowell actually won the game.
          Following the game, Notre Dame coach Jackson quipped “You have to play big-boy hockey. You have to make plays under pressure.” Ouch.

Yes, Lowell actually won the game and in solid fashion. And here's how they did it:

All lines contributing.
          D pairs controlling puck entries.
          Top line dominating (Big-boy hockey coach Jackson?). [17 shot attempts, 13 on goal, 2 in the net]
          Young line (Dmowski-Lohin-O'Neill) buzzing like non-endangered bees [14 shot attempts, 11 on goal, 1 in the net]
          Confidence to make passes setting up an overabundance (thank you!) of 2 on 1's and the occasional 2 on 0).
          Tenacity on the forecheck.
          Smart puck play (reference a minute of puck possession with Wall pulled in the 3rd period).

Hope they keep it up!

Wonder what the lines will be tonight.......

Side note - glad to see that Evan got the monkey off his back last night.
          Last edited by Leecoffee9; 11-18-2016, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
            Side note - glad to see that Evan got the monkey off his back last night.
            Yes I was happy to see that too. He has been playing well lately, especially the last home game vs Maine.
            What did you say?
            Who own the Chiefs?
            What did he say?
            Owns! Owns!

Comment

Let's be honest though, we've gotta stop giving up those odd man rushes and breakaways. This could have been a completely different game
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

As was mentioned by gochiefs already, pathetic by Notre Dame to put those "highlights" out. Win or lose, if it's a highlights package, you show what happened in the game.

Great win last night. We're starting to see a trend so far this year as to how this team plays against ranked teams and teams lower than them. Great series against ranked UMD (should have been a win and a tie). Sloppy first game against a bad CC team. Blowing out a ranked SLU. Losing to an unranked Clarkson. Losing at unranked Omaha before rebounding the next game. Beating a hot UVM team that was starting to get attention. Lose badly to an unranked Maine team, before rebounding. Now go to a ranked UND (at least for a night) and just take it to them. Good trend for the playoffs, but not a good trend when some of these losses will hurt your RPI.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  Let's be honest though, we've gotta stop giving up those odd man rushes and breakaways. This could have been a completely different game
                  I didn't catch the entire game but I noticed some of those while Lowell was on the PP. Norm didn't seem too pleased with the power play in his post game comments. Regardless that's another big win against a quality opponent. So far this season Lowell has played better on the 2nd night of a back to back, hopefully that trend continues.

Comment

Meant to add something, and saw this, so I'll add yet another comment. First thing I had wanted to add, seeing the crowd at that place as over 3k, cracks me up. Yeah, sure. For the name of that school, and the roster on that team, that was a pathetic crowd.
                    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    I didn't catch the entire game but I noticed some of those while Lowell was on the PP. Norm didn't seem too pleased with the power play in his post game comments. Regardless that's another big win against a quality opponent. So far this season Lowell has played better on the 2nd night of a back to back, hopefully that trend continues.
                    I just mentioned something to this affect as well.

Here's how we've done on the second night of back-to-backs against the same team (and yes, I'll count Maine even though it wasn't literally a back-to-back with a day in between).

UMD 1-1
                    @ CC 4-0
                    @ UNO 4-2
                    UVM 4-2
                    Maine 4-1

Overall 4-0-1, 17 GF, 6 GA.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      I didn't catch the entire game but I noticed some of those while Lowell was on the PP. Norm didn't seem too pleased with the power play in his post game comments.
                      The PP was the only weak spot last night. I'm not sure what it is but the team just looked different when they got the PP. Play became sloppy with too many low percentage passes. The lack of urgency resulted in some good scoring chances for ND. Hopefully they can get it going tonight. Another win tonight would be huge.

Game highlights from NBCSN:
                      http://www.nbcsports.com/video/sport/college-hockey

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Thank you for finding this! This has replays of every Lowell goal. It's the polar opposite of the ND approved version.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          The PP was the only weak spot last night. I'm not sure what it is but the team just looked different when they got the PP. Play became sloppy with too many low percentage passes. The lack of urgency resulted in some good scoring chances for ND. Hopefully they can get it going tonight. Another win tonight would be huge.

Thanks for this.

That pass to Campbell for the second goal was a beaut.
                          Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

As others have said, thanks for finding this.
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Also, for those who may not be keeping up with career stats, Gambardella is at 96 career points (CJ is at 90), just something to keep an eye on.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

With 2 weeks off after tonight, I hope our boys really bring it tonight. They could really enjoy Thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                                X