X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Embarrassing performance
    The inability of the team to come back is frustrating. Sloppy play and wasted power plays when they need to score a goal. Give Maine credit they out worked the Hawks for much of the night. The team needs to show more urgency and grit on Sunday. It's going to be a long ride home.

Comment

Norm's post game interview.

Bangor Daily News game recap.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
        Wall making some nice saves to keep it 2-2 in the second.

Impressed with the crowd in Maine. Thought attendance was down but possibly fanbase is starting to rebuild. Used to be one of the best travelling fanbases around too but not so much recently.
        I would say "larger"... not "best"
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Just rewatched the lowlights and it has made me feel a little better about this loss.
          I thought that the team was dogging it for some of the game and the score reflects that... just no jump in the squad.
          Maine goal #1 was a watermelon seed that was tossed at Wall with the puck squirting through post side.
          Maine goal #2 was made possible by a series of unfortunate events. With Maine attacking and Lowell trying to control the puck on the boards, Mueller went to the front of the net following the exiting puck leaving Byron undefended behind the net. Unfortunately. That puck was eventually kicked underneath Wall as Mueller and ONeill collided (unfortunately) and then was swept away from the goal line by Mueller eventually finding the stick of Byron (unfortunately) who had circled the net. Again, unfortunately.
          Maine goal #3 was a puck that eluded CJ at the attacking blue line setting up the short handed odd man rush.
          The team seemed to have folded tent at that point mentally.
          Fundamentally, no glaring mistakes - maybe just some sloppy play and lacking a bit of intensity. I thought that all 4 lines were contributing. Campbell's line was finally actually shooting pucks on net! (9 total)
          Maybe the guys loaded up on Maine baked potatoes pre-game and the starch slowed them down.
          Anyone know - are we Zink-less tomorrow?? (Net tipping game misconduct)

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Hopefully the Hawks can take care of business. The Black Bears will be tough at home and the Hawks will need to play a solid 60 minutes tonight.
            Could turn into a long year hope not

Comment

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
              Just rewatched the lowlights and it has made me feel a little better about this loss.
              I thought that the team was dogging it for some of the game and the score reflects that... just no jump in the squad.
              Maine goal #1 was a watermelon seed that was tossed at Wall with the puck squirting through post side.
              Maine goal #2 was made possible by a series of unfortunate events. With Maine attacking and Lowell trying to control the puck on the boards, Mueller went to the front of the net following the exiting puck leaving Byron undefended behind the net. Unfortunately. That puck was eventually kicked underneath Wall as Mueller and ONeill collided (unfortunately) and then was swept away from the goal line by Mueller eventually finding the stick of Byron (unfortunately) who had circled the net. Again, unfortunately.
              Maine goal #3 was a puck that eluded CJ at the attacking blue line setting up the short handed odd man rush.
              The team seemed to have folded tent at that point mentally.
              Fundamentally, no glaring mistakes - maybe just some sloppy play and lacking a bit of intensity. I thought that all 4 lines were contributing. Campbell's line was finally actually shooting pucks on net! (9 total)
              Maybe the guys loaded up on Maine baked potatoes pre-game and the starch slowed them down.
              Anyone know - are we Zink-less tomorrow?? (Net tipping game misconduct)
              The boxscore says a game misconduct so he should be able to play. If it was a game DQ he would miss a game.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/boxe...p?mmneuml1.n11

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                Could turn into a long year hope not
                Let's see how they respond on Sunday.

Comment

Any Lowell Fans heading out to South Bend, I have checked out a place for a pre-game gathering. they will be calling me back to let me know what they can do for us. It is called Brothers Bar and Grill. It is located on Eddy Street . It is behind the Fairfield Inn which is across the street from the arena. any one interested let me know at beachockey@Comcast.net. GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    Let's see how they respond on Sunday.
                    Any video coverage today ?

Found the feed, terrible broadcast, all choppy. Can't believe anyone has to pay for this
                    Last edited by all bear; 11-13-2016, 02:39 PM.
                    sure why not

Comment

Good game this afternoon. I thought that they really came out flying in that first period. Let's hope they bring that intensity to South Bend.
                      Another solid performance by all 4 lines. Good to see Dmowski back in there. Campbell is starting to come out of it, hitting the post and getting 3 shots to the net.
                      Wall continues to impress as does Lohin... and we've come to expect every shift to be great from Gamby's line.
                      I also like that our Zambonis seem to operate flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                        Good game this afternoon. I thought that they really came out flying in that first period. Let's hope they bring that intensity to South Bend.
                        Another solid performance by all 4 lines. Good to see Dmowski back in there. Campbell is starting to come out of it, hitting the post and getting 3 shots to the net.
                        Wall continues to impress as does Lohin... and we've come to expect every shift to be great from Gamby's line.
                        I also like that our Zambonis seem to operate flawlessly.
                        Just need to cut down on the penalties.

Game highlights:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBt9...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          Just need to cut down on the penalties.

Game highlights:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBt9...ature=youtu.be
                          Even with all the penalties (Maine had nine power plays), the River Hawks killed them all. I think UML killed off 13 straight going back to Friday night's game. Of course, Maine's power play is currently pathetic.
                          Last edited by Runsub5; 11-14-2016, 07:05 AM. Reason: added info.

Comment

Including the carryover from the second period, Lowell spent almost half the period shorthanded. At one point, it was legit ... "OK, who's next to the box," as we took penalties at 6:56, 9:26 and 11:26. No wonder they got tired, and finally Maine got pucks to the net. But considering that Lowell took 5 penalties in the first two and gave up just 9 shots to Maine, very good defensive effort (and also a horrid power play by Maine).

Hate that we lost Friday, but glad to at least get the win.

Two tough ones at Notre Dame (wait, Indiana doesn't fall into New England?) this weekend.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Including the carryover from the second period, Lowell spent almost half the period shorthanded. At one point, it was legit ... "OK, who's next to the box," as we took penalties at 6:56, 9:26 and 11:26. No wonder they got tired, and finally Maine got pucks to the net. But considering that Lowell took 5 penalties in the first two and gave up just 9 shots to Maine, very good defensive effort (and also a horrid power play by Maine).

Hate that we lost Friday, but glad to at least get the win.

Two tough ones at Notre Dame (wait, Indiana doesn't fall into New England?) this weekend.
                              Lowell is 7-1-2 against Notre Dame since they graced Hockey East with their presence, and the lone loss was in the playoff series which Lowell won 2-1. Notre Dame is supposed to be pretty good this year, but Bazin just seems to have their number.
                              Lowell Forever
                              Forever Lowell

Comment

Pre-game party at Brother's Bar and Grill. We need to be there between 3and 4. Come join the fun. Let me know if you will be joining us. beachockey@comcast.net GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X