This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Things you can always rely on: the sun rising in the east, 24 hours in a day, Lowell sweeping Vermont...

Comment

It was a great game and finally found their starting goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLDOUG View Post
        It was a great game and finally found their starting goalie.
        IMO - he was found 2-3 weeks ago
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Nice Job RiverHawks... until we meet again.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Solid effort last night. For times, I thought we were controlling the game but the numbers don't really reflect that (outshot, for instance).
            Lines juggled a bit last night with Campbell dropping down to 4th line with LeClerc and Henry (Winkler). The ice seemed tipped when that line was on the ice garnering 3 shot attempts with only 1 of those making it on net. Second (ONeill/Lohin/Hausinger) and Third (Kamrass/Marin/Master) lines complimented the top line nicely. Good things happen with 3 lines clicking.
            Anyone catch the scrum that ended with CJ in the box for holding? He got pummeled by the UVM player. I thought that his game slowed down a bit for the rest of the game following that (maybe 2 minutes into the 2nd period).
            On to Maine. Mmmmm lobstah (said in a Homer Simpson-like-voice).

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
              IMO - he was found 2-3 weeks ago
              Agreed. Wall now stands at 6-1-1 with 1.81 GAA and .932 SV%. Pretty solid. I doubt we'll see the others for awhile until there's a "soft" game on the schedule or a true rest is needed.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                Solid effort last night. For times, I thought we were controlling the game but the numbers don't really reflect that (outshot, for instance).
                Lines juggled a bit last night with Campbell dropping down to 4th line with LeClerc and Henry (Winkler). The ice seemed tipped when that line was on the ice garnering 3 shot attempts with only 1 of those making it on net. Second (ONeill/Lohin/Hausinger) and Third (Kamrass/Marin/Master) lines complimented the top line nicely. Good things happen with 3 lines clicking.
                Anyone catch the scrum that ended with CJ in the box for holding? He got pummeled by the UVM player. I thought that his game slowed down a bit for the rest of the game following that (maybe 2 minutes into the 2nd period).
                I thought the Hawks could have been up by at least three after the first period. They just missed on several grade A chances. Someone sitting next to me thought C.J. got hurt or banged up early in the game. Hopefully nothing serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                  I am impressed with #18 (Lohin). My understanding is he is a first year guy and to be out there on power plays, getting assists and scoring is really encouraging. I do look forward to the lobstah,.. ayuh that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by carlin View Post
                    I am impressed with #18 (Lohin). My understanding is he is a first year guy and to be out there on power plays, getting assists and scoring is really encouraging. I do look forward to the lobstah,.. ayuh that's for sure.
                    Even if bob wasn't talking him up during the breaks, listening to bobs pbp you. can get a sense he has been getting into some good plays
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
                      Besides the obvious in Goransson and Wall in terms of newcomers, I've also been impressed with Hausinger. Only one goal but a lot of what he's been doing doesn't show up on the score sheet.
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Tyler Wall has been named defensive player of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          Tyler Wall has been named defensive player of the week.
                          Second time this season already, not bad for the freshman. Looks like Lowell has struck gold again in the goalie department.

Meanwhile Lowell moves up from 7th and back to 5th in this week's USCHO poll.
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                            Looks like Lowell has struck gold again in the goalie department.USCHO poll.
                            It really is impressive the work Cam does to identify, recruit and develop these kids. I'm sure we would all like to have a bigger pipeline of draft eligible recruits, but if the school is going to do well in one area of recruiting, I'm glad its this one.

Comment

Chad Ruhwedel called up to Pittsburgh today, giving us 6 alums in the NHL currently - our most ever: https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pe...en/c-283521910
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Anyone going up to Maine on Friday. The school has no pregame get together planned. Let get one started ourselves. Any suggestions on where we could meet.

Comment

Working...
                                X