This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Last yr the Mens XC won the conference Championship but people can move forward even if they won so they could participate. THey just couldn't go to the Regionals

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      No, this is the first ever class that was a D1 class. They committed to the school and program knowing that they'd play D1 all four years, but never have a chance to play past the regular season. This current Junior Class knew they'd only have one year ... so at least they knew they'd have one chance.
      No they were recruited to play div 2. The announcement wasn't until may the summer before freshman year
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
        I think its worth noting the program that was allowed to play postseason early had to be one of the womens programs (title IX) to make up for Lowell hockey being D1.
        I think you're allowed one not basketball for each gender but we already have ice hockey

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
          I think you're allowed one not basketball for each gender but we already have ice hockey
          On the basketball message board I said something similar but was corrected. I guess most schools have to have all sports wait 4 years, Lowell was a special case because of hockey plus title IX. Never really dug into it personally.
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Wall in tonight?
            Looking for a big game from Smith/Gamby/Edward-With-An-H
            At some point, Campbell will spark. He was showing signs out in Omaha.
            Go Riverhawks!

Comment

Lowell cleans up on the AE Awards, winning five of the six AE Men's Soccer Awards.

Well done.

Also, three players on the All-Rookie team, a good sign for the future.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                On the basketball message board I said something similar but was corrected. I guess most schools have to have all sports wait 4 years, Lowell was a special case because of hockey plus title IX. Never really dug into it personally.
                Title ix is about warm bodies and funding.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                  Wall in tonight?
                  Go Riverhawks!
                  Need more lines to pick it up Joe's last year the glue on team 😪😪😪

Comment

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                    Wall in tonight?
                    Go Riverhawks!
                    They need to stay out of the box and play a solid 60 minutes. Get the puck to the net and score so dirty goals.

Comment

Big two games ... UVM is feeling good. Time to put them back in their place.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        Title ix is about warm bodies and funding.
                        That was my point to them, but was directed to the other 3 teams wok elevated the same time we did and have no postseason eligible teams
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

A nice hard fought win by the Hawks tonight. The penalty kill did a nice job for much of the night especially on that 5 on 3 for over a minute. Still too many penalties especially in the offensive zone. What a huge goal by C.J. Smith just 32 seconds after UVM scored. Hopefully they can take care of business tomorrow night.

Highlights:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY98...ature=youtu.be
                          Post game interviews:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqFh...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Good win for Lowell. They came out very flat. Couldn't pass, letting Vermont enter the zone with ease; they just looked slow. Wall played well, had a couple of rebounds in the first he'd like back, but I think he settled in nicely. The play by Gambardella to set up Smith's first goal was just fantastic. He accepts the pass from Edwardh and just cuts through UVM and all three UVM skaters in the zone follow him, leaving one of the best scorers in college hockey alone out front with an open net to shoot into to. Watching the highlights, after he scores, Smith just points to Gambardella as to say, "you created the easiest goal I've ever scored in my life." And even better about this game... they didn't give up a 2 goal lead.

Now to complete the weekend.

Comment

Good to see no third period collapse last night and it looks like they really worked on some things in practice this week, like the penalty kill. And Smith and Gambardella are tied for sixth in nation in scoring.

One disappointment for the evening was the first intermission where the 1977-1987 all era team was honored. The three forwards weren't able to be there but they weren't even mentioned. At least show their images on the board and recognize their accomplishments - Carr (all time Lowell scorer), Morris (still Hockey East's all time scorer), and MacTavish (no explanation needed). Not good.

When the 1987-1997 all era team is honored December 2, if Christian Sbrocca is there, it would be great if UML had him sing the National Anthem. I still remember senior night at Tully back in 1996 when he sang it along with the Canadian anthem, it was cool.
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                                Good to see no third period collapse last night and it looks like they really worked on some things in practice this week, like the penalty kill. And Smith and Gambardella are tied for sixth in nation in scoring.

One disappointment for the evening was the first intermission where the 1977-1987 all era team was honored. The three forwards weren't able to be there but they weren't even mentioned. At least show their images on the board and recognize their accomplishments - Carr (all time Lowell scorer), Morris (still Hockey East's all time scorer), and MacTavish (no explanation needed). Not good.

When the 1987-1997 all era team is honored December 2, if Christian Sbrocca is there, it would be great if UML had him sing the National Anthem. I still remember senior night at Tully back in 1996 when he sang it along with the Canadian anthem, it was cool.
                                Maybe they will honor them later? I thought that was weird too.

Comment

Working...
                                X