X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Got your wish. Last night was just a good old-fashioned loss where they never had the lead and got blown out.

They better get things figured out quick, no reason why the PK should be that bad among other things. And is Metcalf hurt, redshirting, or just plain not that good as some of his numbers last year would indicate?
    Lowlights:
    http://www.nchc.tv/omaha/video/omaha...s-umass-lowell

The Hawks played a pretty good first period but not enough urgency after that. Down 3-1 with 12 minutes to go in the 3rd they did nothing with a PP that could have got them back into the game. Sloppy play and forced passes continue to hurt the team. They'll need a much better effort tonight. It's time to get the puck to the net and score some dirty goals.

Unless Metcalf is hurt, I would have to believe he's currently the fourth option in goal. I wonder who get's the start tonight? How many goaltenders made the trip? Wall and Hemberg where listed in the boxscore.

Comment

What a serious downer last night was. Beautiful arena, very friendly fans, and a majorly fugly effort. Saw the coaches in the breakfast area working over a laptop; hope they can find the right things to reinforce, buttons to push, whatever it takes to have a better effort and a win tonight. Don't want to have flown out here to get swept.

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Unless Metcalf is hurt, I would have to believe he's currently the fourth option in goal. I wonder who get's the start tonight? How many goaltenders made the trip? Wall and Hemberg where listed in the boxscore.
      Everyone but Metcalf was dressed last night. Guessing Cleary isn't in net, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was set before the weekend. My thoughts when I saw Cleary was that the coaches think that Wall is leading the charge but that Cleary and Hernberg would each get one start to show what they could do in a non-conference weekend.
      Last edited by Go-UML; 10-29-2016, 11:04 AM.
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Few thoughts after rewatching the game.
        UNO goaltender had a terrific game.
        Cleary wishes he had a few of those back; shorthanded situations clearly weren't the best BDay present for him from the team.
        Lohin made a mistake when he went down to take out Ortega on that first UNO goal. He needs to keep his feet to be effective if he can't get in front of forward progress by the shooter.
        Goal #2 UNO is between the legs of Edward-With-An-H. That puck had eyes past that point.
        Goal #3 UNO was a juicy rebound not contained by Cleary and no one contained Vesel circling the net.
        Goal #4 UNO was made possible by Kapla chasing the puck and not containing his man.
        Goal #5 UNO was roofed by Vesel - pretty good shot. Breakaway was product of an unfortunate turnover by CJ who muffed a shot to net in the waning moments of the game.
        Four PP goals and one SH goal - a loss is gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
          Few thoughts after rewatching the game.
          UNO goaltender had a terrific game.
          Cleary wishes he had a few of those back; shorthanded situations clearly weren't the best BDay present for him from the team.
          Lohin made a mistake when he went down to take out Ortega on that first UNO goal. He needs to keep his feet to be effective if he can't get in front of forward progress by the shooter.
          Goal #2 UNO is between the legs of Edward-With-An-H. That puck had eyes past that point.
          Goal #3 UNO was a juicy rebound not contained by Cleary and no one contained Vesel circling the net.
          Goal #4 UNO was made possible by Kapla chasing the puck and not containing his man.
          Goal #5 UNO was roofed by Vesel - pretty good shot. Breakaway was product of an unfortunate turnover by CJ who muffed a shot to net in the waning moments of the game.
          Four PP goals and one SH goal - a loss is gonna happen.
          4th goal was even strength but yeah, we didn't do so hot. Cleary had no chance on the 5th goal, gorgeous roofer from close in but the 3rd goal was def on him; that rebound can't happen.

That being said, definitely a team loss.
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
            4th goal was even strength but yeah, we didn't do so hot. Cleary had no chance on the 5th goal, gorgeous roofer from close in but the 3rd goal was def on him; that rebound can't happen.

That being said, definitely a team loss.
            Thanks for the correction - yup. 4th goal was even strength. And 4 shots in the 3rd period doesn't cut it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
              And 4 shots in the 3rd period doesn't cut it either.
              It looked like they got out worked and lost most of the one on one battles after the first period. Hoping for the best tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                It looked like they got out worked and lost most of the one on one battles after the first period. Hoping for the best tonight.
                Very early but seeing signs of improvement
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Very early but seeing signs of improvement
                  Dmowski out again tonight. Is he hurt? Nick Marin in the line up.

Comment

Dmowski out again tonight. Is he hurt? Nick Marin in the line up.
                    in lineup and in box for their first goal
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

in lineup and in box for their first goal
                      Yup...another PPG for Omaha.

Comment

• Been carrying play and PS goal then Kapla takes stupid penalty. Hope we can kill it
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Been carrying play and PS goal then Kapla takes stupid penalty. Hope we can kill it
                          Tied at 2 after 2. Omaha with another PPG (5 on 3). Stupid penalties by Lowell. Lohin misses the net on a breakaway with Lowell down 2 players.
                          Last edited by boblav1; 10-29-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Tied at 2 after 2. Omaha with another PPG (5 on 3). Stupid penalties by Lowell. Lohin misses the net on a breakaway with Lowell down 2 players.
                            yeah. Him scoring would have been really helpful. Wasn't even on net I don't think

We have had a bunch of extra passes. Not just in offensive zone but also when short handed in our zone. That one cost us a clear
                            Last edited by Go-UML; 10-29-2016, 08:56 PM.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

yeah. Him scoring would have been really helpful. Wasn't even on net I don't think

We have had a bunch of extra passes. Not just in offensive zone but also when short handed in our zone. That one cost us a clear
                              What a sloppy PP by lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                What a sloppy PP by lowell.
                                Lowell 3-2 (Edwardh) off a Omaha turnover. 4 minutes to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X