PDA

View Full Version : 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

UML Puck Hawk
11-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Title ix is about warm bodies and funding.

That was my point to them, but was directed to the other 3 teams wok elevated the same time we did and have no postseason eligible teams

boblav1
11-05-2016, 12:46 AM
A nice hard fought win by the Hawks tonight. The penalty kill did a nice job for much of the night especially on that 5 on 3 for over a minute. Still too many penalties especially in the offensive zone. What a huge goal by C.J. Smith just 32 seconds after UVM scored. Hopefully they can take care of business tomorrow night.

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY98cU0hLb8&feature=youtu.be
Post game interviews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqFhXH4R7B0&feature=youtu.be

bottomdweller
11-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Good win for Lowell. They came out very flat. Couldn't pass, letting Vermont enter the zone with ease; they just looked slow. Wall played well, had a couple of rebounds in the first he'd like back, but I think he settled in nicely. The play by Gambardella to set up Smith's first goal was just fantastic. He accepts the pass from Edwardh and just cuts through UVM and all three UVM skaters in the zone follow him, leaving one of the best scorers in college hockey alone out front with an open net to shoot into to. Watching the highlights, after he scores, Smith just points to Gambardella as to say, "you created the easiest goal I've ever scored in my life." And even better about this game... they didn't give up a 2 goal lead.

Now to complete the weekend.

riverchief1
11-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Good to see no third period collapse last night and it looks like they really worked on some things in practice this week, like the penalty kill. And Smith and Gambardella are tied for sixth in nation in scoring.

One disappointment for the evening was the first intermission where the 1977-1987 all era team was honored. The three forwards weren't able to be there but they weren't even mentioned. At least show their images on the board and recognize their accomplishments - Carr (all time Lowell scorer), Morris (still Hockey East's all time scorer), and MacTavish (no explanation needed). Not good.

When the 1987-1997 all era team is honored December 2, if Christian Sbrocca is there, it would be great if UML had him sing the National Anthem. I still remember senior night at Tully back in 1996 when he sang it along with the Canadian anthem, it was cool.

leswp1
11-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Good to see no third period collapse last night and it looks like they really worked on some things in practice this week, like the penalty kill. And Smith and Gambardella are tied for sixth in nation in scoring.

One disappointment for the evening was the first intermission where the 1977-1987 all era team was honored. The three forwards weren't able to be there but they weren't even mentioned. At least show their images on the board and recognize their accomplishments - Carr (all time Lowell scorer), Morris (still Hockey East's all time scorer), and MacTavish (no explanation needed). Not good.

When the 1987-1997 all era team is honored December 2, if Christian Sbrocca is there, it would be great if UML had him sing the National Anthem. I still remember senior night at Tully back in 1996 when he sang it along with the Canadian anthem, it was cool.

Maybe they will honor them later? I thought that was weird too.

riverchief1
11-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Maybe they will honor them later? I thought that was weird too.

Just odd. MacTavish is VP of Hockey Operations for the Oilers so it was expected that he probably wouldn't have been there. Morris is working in Canada somewhere supposedly, same thing. But to not have those two and Carr at least on the screen and mentioned? Disappointing. But I got my glass and I'm happy otherwise.

Meanwhile, back to the game. Crickets on the Vermont thread, maybe they realize they fell back to earth after last night?

Burlington Free Press recap (http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/sports/college/vermont/2016/11/04/lowell-halts-catamounts-game-unbeaten-streak/93321186/)

boblav1
11-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Lowell Sun article on C.J Smith from Friday.
http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_30538572/umls-smith-feels-need-speed

Leecoffee9
11-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Good win last night.
It'll be interesting to see if the lines are juggled tonight.
Wilson/Campbell/Hough got 2 shot attempts for 3 periods, 1 of which made it on net. (Stats courtesy of Collegehockeynews.com)
I am liking the KMH line. Hausinger buzzing around with the #10 on his back is almost McGrath-like. If only he was an inch or two shorter....
CJ continues to be a beast - that kid flies! He is Marshy to Gamby's Patrice.
Looking for another solid effort tonight.
Cudo's again to Wall. They guys seem to be calm out there with him between the pipes.

boblav1
11-05-2016, 01:22 PM
Good win last night.
It'll be interesting to see if the lines are juggled tonight.
Wilson/Campbell/Hough got 2 shot attempts for 3 periods, 1 of which made it on net. (Stats courtesy of Collegehockeynews.com)
I am liking the KMH line. Hausinger buzzing around with the #10 on his back is almost McGrath-like. If only he was an inch or two shorter....
CJ continues to be a beast - that kid flies! He is Marshy to Gamby's Patrice.
Looking for another solid effort tonight.
Cudo's again to Wall. They guys seem to be calm out there with him between the pipes.

Dmowski missed his third game in a row and Leclerc his second. Are they hurt?

riverchief1
11-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Dmowski missed his third game in a row and Leclerc his second. Are they hurt?

Dmowski has a separated shoulder or something to that effect. Leclerc is probably a numbers game/on bubble, haven't heard about any injury there.

boblav1
11-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Dmowski has a separated shoulder or something to that effect. Leclerc is probably a numbers game/on bubble, haven't heard about any injury there.

Thanks for the update on Dmowski. Hopefully he's back soon as he was off to a good start.

jcarter7669
11-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Crickets on the Vermont thread, maybe they realize they fell back to earth after last night?

Crazy... #6 team in the nation won 3-1 against the team picked to be mid-pack in HE. You guys really showed us. Are you trying to pick up the lack of stupid left by Patronick's absence?

riverchief1
11-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Crazy... #6 team in the nation won 3-1 against the team picked to be mid-pack in HE. You guys really showed us. Are you trying to pick up the lack of stupid left by Patronick's absence?

Lol...well there's no chatter on the UVM thread, would love to know what their fans thought of the game but nothing but silence. I knew this would get someone to show their face. And still no VT fan observations of any sort. I miss the old days, even the sniping at Patronick would be welcome at this point. You just think there'd be more buzz by the VT fans given their unexpected, great start.

UMLFan
11-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Just taking too many penalties right now. 7 more last night. Some of them are just dumb penalties as well. That's the really frustrating part about a team that generally does a good job staying out of the box.

Good win though. Need another tonight.

jcarter7669
11-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Lol...well there's no chatter on the UVM thread, would love to know what their fans thought of the game but nothing but silence. I knew this would get someone to show their face. And still no VT fan observations of any sort. I miss the old days, even the sniping at Patronick would be welcome at this point. You just think there'd be more buzz by the VT fans given their unexpected, great start.

Didn't watch the game sorry. Why don't you alumns get together and pay for a free stream. :)

UVM Cat in Texas
11-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Not sure what you're looking for from us. I also didn't see either game, and I generally refrain from spending $10 to watch a streamed game on my iPad. Additionally, the UVM thread frequently goes long stretches with no comments unless there's news of some sort, and another loss to Lowell isn't news as evidenced by our sorry record against you guys in recent years. Sorry we're not losing our minds. Visit the Maine thread if that's what turns you on.

leswp1
11-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Not sure what you're looking for from us. I also didn't see either game, and I generally refrain from spending $10 to watch a streamed game on my iPad. Additionally, the UVM thread frequently goes long stretches with no comments unless there's news of some sort, and another loss to Lowell isn't news as evidenced by our sorry record against you guys in recent years. Sorry we're not losing our minds. Visit the Maine thread if that's what turns you on.This made me chuckle.

Patronick
11-05-2016, 10:58 PM

Yawn.

riverchief1
11-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Not sure what you're looking for from us. I also didn't see either game, and I generally refrain from spending $10 to watch a streamed game on my iPad. Additionally, the UVM thread frequently goes long stretches with no comments unless there's news of some sort, and another loss to Lowell isn't news as evidenced by our sorry record against you guys in recent years. Sorry we're not losing our minds. Visit the Maine thread if that's what turns you on.

Sorry, didn't know you had such a disengaged fan base. Feel free to go back discussing hazing scandals and how UVM will never get a new arena. See you next season.

boblav1
11-05-2016, 11:55 PM
Game highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aauHxAv5DY&feature=youtu.be

Norm's post game interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAwM_3PLhQo&feature=youtu.be

Burlington Free Press game recap:
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/sports/college/vermont/2016/11/05/lowell-picks-apart-uvm-hockey-win/93381460/