Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Ice Breakers Tournament - Who Will Survive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Ice Breakers Tournament - Who Will Survive?

I can't speak so early for all the teams in this years Ice Breakers Tournament in Denver but I can say for the first time in years Ohio State looked like a cohesive unit on the ice their first game, especially the defense.
    I think we have a legitimate shot.

Re: 2016 Ice Breakers Tournament - Who Will Survive?

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I can't speak so early for all the teams in this years Ice Breakers Tournament in Denver but I can say for the first time in years Ohio State looked like a cohesive unit on the ice their first game, especially the defense.
    I think we have a legitimate shot.
    Cant wait for friday to get here so i can board my plane for denver. Havent been this excited for a start of a season since 05

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      Cant wait for friday to get here so i can board my plane for denver. Havent been this excited for a start of a season since 05
      If I didn't have other commitments I'd be on that plane with you. I'm so pumped for the weekend to get here!

Comment

Well, the Buckeyes certainly have their hands full against a very good Denver team at Denver.
        As for my Eagles, lots of pro defections in the off season, lots of new faces in the lineup. We're all learning early on this season.
        Four good teams at the Ice Breaker. Anything can happen. My prediction... Denver sweeps.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Well, the Buckeyes certainly have their hands full against a very good Denver team at Denver.
          As for my Eagles, lots of pro defections in the off season, lots of new faces in the lineup. We're all learning early on this season.
          Four good teams at the Ice Breaker. Anything can happen. My prediction... Denver sweeps.
          I hope Denver does not sweep but of course everyone is biased.
          I haven't looked at the rosters yet but I'm going to make an assumption here Ohio State may be returning the most starters which always helps.
          Also, I don't get Altitude on my cable package, does anyone know if there will be any pay per view streaming of the game?

Comment

Of course.
            Go Denver Eagles!!!

Don't ya just frosh fans?
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I haven't looked at the rosters yet but I'm going to make an assumption here Ohio State may be returning the most starters which always helps.
              Also, I don't get Altitude on my cable package, does anyone know if there will be any pay per view streaming of the game?
              There is free viewing of both games on the denver website

Comment

There is free viewing of both games on the denver website
                An update on that. David Tenzer, the Director of Denver's hockey operations informed me that only Denver's games will be available on their PioneerVision.
                So if anyone other than Denver plays in the Championship game it will not be available for streaming.
                The games are available on Dish Network channel 413 and Direct channel 681 and for the Championship game 681-1 their alternate channel and that's IF you have those channels included in your sports package!

Comment

An update on that. David Tenzer, the Director of Denver's hockey operations informed me that only Denver's games will be available on their PioneerVision.
                  So if anyone other than Denver plays in the Championship game it will not be available for streaming.
                  The games are available on Dish Network channel 413 and Direct channel 681 and for the Championship game 681-1 their alternate channel and that's IF you have those channels included in your sports package!
                  Ok the release that ohio state put out said all games would be on but even if Denver isnt in the title game they play the late game on Saturday night.

Comment

Ok the release that ohio state put out said all games would be on but even if Denver isnt in the title game they play the late game on Saturday night.
                    Interesting. I can only say what was quoted to me by the head guy there who should know.
                    I certainly won't complain if you are correct and we can watch it all.

Comment

Anything from the Denver, Air Force & BC fans on how they think their teams will do and why?

Comment

Anything from the Denver, Air Force & BC fans on how they think their teams will do and why?
                        BC: Beat AFA lose to DU.

Young team with a lot of newcomers. Early going will be tough. Getting Friday night win is important as always so as not to have their backs against the wall on Saturday with the risk of going home with a goose egg.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I wish I could tell you I am confident BC will beat Air Force but there are way too many unknowns with this team. Tough to predict anything really. Air Force is a good program and BC has a lot of new faces.

Comment

There is an expectation that on Saturday DU will faceoff against BC. Championship or Consolation. that is the question.

With the early departure of sophomore Danton Heinen and junior Trevor Moore, 92 points left the building. That leaves Dylan Gambrell as the only returning member of the prolific Pacific Rim Line. Gambrell will again be on the top line, but this year on the wing. The new center is freshman, NHL 1st round draft choice, Henrik "The Artist" Borgstrom. Former Air Force recruit, sophomore, Colin Staub plays the opposite wing. High expectations extend to sophomores Troy Terry and Jarid Lukosevicious, and freshmen Liam Finlay and Kevin Conley. Defense! DU strong point! Led by Captain Will Butcher returns 5 of 6 starters from last year. (My personal fave #6 "Fearless" Matt VanVoorhis. ) Tanner Jaillett , on the Richter watch list, is backed by Evan Cowley whose stats were basically the same. Blog, LetsGoDU.com has a comprehensive overview of this year's team.

Last year DU had a slow start including an OT loss to Air Force at the Academy. BTW Air Force is always a tough team to play. Well coached, super conditioning (at altitude!), team unity. And they have a Richter Watch List goalie, too.

I know BC has many new faces, but I can't imagine any Jerry York coached team not being well prepared and ready to play. Don't know much about OSU, but their local press thinks they are ready to take on Michigan and Minnesota.

My choice: Pioneers win it all.
                            Last edited by vizoroo; 10-07-2016, 02:50 PM.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Don't know much about OSU, but their local press thinks they are ready to take on Michigan and Minnesota.
                              Minnesota got by us last season by the thinnest of margins. Four of our games against them we lost only by a single goal and 3 of those games were in OT.
                              We beat BC and Cornell last year and were 8-8-4 in regular season conference play and were 2-1-1 against Michigan.
                              We return a very experienced and seasoned team and were picked pre-season by the B1G coaches at #2 in the conference.
                              We have only 5 freshmen so we kept most of our starters from last year.
                              I think we have great potential and promise going into this weekend with only the usual concerns, this early do they have the mental discipline to not commit stupid and costly penalties? And will we be able to move the puck well through the neutral zone when pressured by a good team?
                              Those are my only worries at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X