Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

I thought our shots on goal number was deceiving on saturday. We had a lot of shots that were relatively easy saves for the goalie and rarely did we get a rebound opportunity. At the very end of the game, like the last 6 or 7 minutes we changed our forecheck to attack more and were getting more chances close in, but really for the bulk of the game, we never really threatened.
    I will agree with someone else about the defense. It has been uncharacteristic of our team, but for one game you can see it, for 4 games, it makes you wonder. I think part of it is the forwards. The defensive side of their game has not been as strong as it needs to be and it puts more pressure on the defensemen.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      I thought our shots on goal number was deceiving on saturday. We had a lot of shots that were relatively easy saves for the goalie and rarely did we get a rebound opportunity. At the very end of the game, like the last 6 or 7 minutes we changed our forecheck to attack more and were getting more chances close in, but really for the bulk of the game, we never really threatened.
      I will agree with someone else about the defense. It has been uncharacteristic of our team, but for one game you can see it, for 4 games, it makes you wonder. I think part of it is the forwards. The defensive side of their game has not been as strong as it needs to be and it puts more pressure on the defensemen.
      im sure a lot of the defense issues can be explained by the volume of penalties to kill. If they get consistency there and find a way to improve there, a lot of the rest should get better.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Sub
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Power play needs a lot of work. 1 for 24 through 4 games. Definitely not MTU hockey.

Hearing a lot of fans say "at least they have UAH this weekend and can get a couple wins". If the team goes in to the weekend with the same sentiment they will be 0 - 6.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
            Power play needs a lot of work. 1 for 24 through 4 games. Definitely not MTU hockey.

Hearing a lot of fans say "at least they have UAH this weekend and can get a couple wins". If the team goes in to the weekend with the same sentiment they will be 0 - 6.
            Obviously they won't, but coming home is huge, regardless of opponent. Allowing 9 PP goals through 4 games isn't going to get them far either.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              Not a great week for the Huskies, NHL cuts for Kero, Copley, Pietila, and it looks like Petan was released from the Wild.
              http://www.wsj.com/articles/devils-t...ula-1476061191

Petan reported to Iowa. I believe he holds an AHL contract and not an NHL two-way contract like the others. Conner, Khaira, and Phillips were also sent down. I presume you'll see more of Khaira, Pietila, and Kero in the NHL this year.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                Not a great week for the Huskies, NHL cuts for Kero, Copley, Pietila, and it looks like Petan was released from the Wild.
                Hardly a downer to be playing in the AHL! If you said they were not playing hockey at all yes that would be a disappointment but I think Tech fans should be proud of these guys and excited where they are at.

Would it be better to see them in the NHL? Obviously and some of them may stick there eventually but I personally am not disappointed they are in the AHL.

Comment

Any report on your #25 (sorry, not sure of his name)? He took a heck of a hard shot in the Friday night game and was hurting bad, but he was back out there on Saturday. I was surprised to see him on Saturday with as much pain as he was in. Must have had a pretty ugly bruise if nothing else.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Interesting note to start of MPS this morning...MSU started last season 0-4 getting outscored 12-2 (including 2 home games) so let's not all lose hope already

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Interesting note to start of MPS this morning...MSU started last season 0-4 getting outscored 12-2 (including 2 home games) so let's not all lose hope already
                      And at the very least only 1 of the other expected top 4 teams has any in conference wins with BGSU and Ferris both also sitting at 0-2 in league play.
                      2005-2006: 7-25-6
                      2006-2007: 18-17-5
                      2007-2008: 14-20-5
                      2008-2009: 6-25-7
                      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

I bought my Michigan series tickets today and they are getting scarce. Don't wait too long.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I have no idea how this weekend will go.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I bought my Michigan series tickets today and they are getting scarce. Don't wait too long.
                            We had to pick up singles for Friday. Thankfully, we were able to find four kind of close together. Saturday, we found a pair together. There were more available for Saturday when we looked last night.
                            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Petan is now in the ECHL. Was hoping he'd stick in the AHL. Tough road now and a tough way to make a living.

Comment

We're looking for a few more people for our THG fantasy hockey league. We draft tomorrow. If you're interested send an email to bmaurisak@techhockeyguide.com.
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X