Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I think you're watching a replay
    Yeah, I am.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Yes, especially considering he ended up being undrafted and was a free agent signing after leaving Tech. Which in short means before he came to Tech he wasn't viewed as even being worth a 7th round project type pick for any NHL club and now he is contributing at the NHL level and is certainly a solid AHL prospect if nothing else.

Ryan
      Not unique to MTU. Lots of undrafted college free agents end up making it.
      "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        I enjoy listening to Pearson's analysis of events and why certain things are done the way they are. If anyone doubts that solid coaching makes a difference, just take a look at BU's team this season - they have about 1/4 of the gold metal winning Jr team on their roster and they are not even top 3 in Hockey East. I shudder to think what Mel could do with that kind of talent in Houghton. Looking back 30+ years, Tech's grand total of players drafted in the first three rounds of the NHL draft include:
        • Jujhar Khaira 2012 Entry Draft 3rd round (one and done)
        • Jarkko Ruutu 1998 Entry Draft 3rd round (one and done)
        • David Weninger 1996 Entry Draft 3rd round (stayed all four seasons)

There are other college programs that have 1st round picks on the roster every couple seasons, if not every season, and they don't fare much better than Tech has done the last few years. I think that speaks very highly of the job Mel and the rest of the staff are doing for Tech.

In other news, following the weekend of ranked upsets, "best" Monday morning quote from an "online expert" following CC's win over UND: "CC has been playing some very good hockey after the break (3-0-1). Right now they are capable of beating any team in the country" Those four games the poster mentions... Win over Merrimack, OT win over Cornell, Win over UMD and OT loss to UMD. Two were neutral site and CC played UMD at home. CC is dead last in the NCHC, lost to U-Mass (giving them one of their 5 wins) and got beat 6-3 by Air Force. So they can beat anyone in the country... just not most of the teams they have played so far this season. I think it is safe to say the arrogance of the NCHC now exceeds the former high water mark set by the Gophers.

Ryan J
        UMD was at home.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I was looking at the recruit list because honestly, I am worried that Angus may fly the coop early, and I did a double take, another Blake Pietila? How many of them are there? lol
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            I was looking at the recruit list because honestly, I am worried that Angus may fly the coop early, and I did a double take, another Blake Pietila? How many of them are there? lol
            I clearly remember tMel answering a question on the radio show this past week, asking if it's hard to recruit a new goaltender if you have a really good one starting as a freshman. His answer NO and in fact have a really good one coming in next year.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
              I clearly remember tMel answering a question on the radio show this past week, asking if it's hard to recruit a new goaltender if you have a really good one starting as a freshman. His answer NO and in fact have a really good one coming in next year.
              Robbie Beydoun has been on fire this season and committed earlier.
              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 01-13-2017, 08:25 AM.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                Are you familiar with large Finnish families?
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Did the WCHA do away with dark jerseys at home in the 2nd half? All the home teams wore light colors last weekend.

Comment

http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/01...michigan-tech/

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Check that again please

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        Check that again please
                        Thanks for letting me know. That's what I get for not hitting the preview button because I'm in a hurry.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Reinke back in the line up, Leibinger to forward.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

After 1, UAA had one good look and scored. We had most of the play but in front of the net it got really crowded and so no great chances. not particularly encouraging.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Terrible terrible play to start the second, down 2-0 now.

Comment

And we are getting badly outplayed on both sides of the puck.

Comment

Working...
                                X