This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Can't speak to western vs eastern disparity but it has been well documented that they are cracking down even further on obstruction type penalties. Based on how things were called even last year, i don't think it was necessary but it seems they are concerned about lack of scoring and this is there way of addressing it. If i had my way, i'd start with the ridiculous goalie equipment we see these days. One thing you can't do anything about is how many coaches are obsessed with their defensive systems and are more focused on preventing a goal rather than trying to score.

Anyway, hopefully players learn from the early crackdown and refs ease up because i do not want to see this continue all year.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      actually a tie is a tie. They are not a bad team. Their goaltending is stellar.
      Mmmkay, if you say so . Good luck tonight

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Anyway, hopefully players learn from the early crackdown and refs ease up because i do not want to see this continue all year.
        The problem is, and I've been in this position, is that at the end of the game I, or anyone else in stripes, want to look at the score sheet and see no more than a +/- 1.5 in PP disparity. So, you have a team like Bentley, whose game plan was to obstruct as much as possible versus a speed skill team that transitions quite well...you call 9 on Bentley and 2 on NU...? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          Mmmkay,
          Mmmmkay?

Do girls even say that anymore?

Comment

no clue, dont care. Did that make you feel better asking that though? and as for your post above, are you kidding me? The zebras should ref the game so to equal the penalties?? mmmykay, what ever you say.

Comment

Collier is a liability. I don't know why they like him
              so much. Patrick Schule should be dressing over him.
              These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Way.. to.. go..NU Huskies!
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

yup, great job beating the NU proclaimed vaunted Falcons, raising your banner in the home opener in front of 2000 empty seats in a 4500 seat arena. Bravo

Comment

yup, great job beating the NU proclaimed vaunted Falcons, raising your banner in the home opener in front of 2000 empty seats in a 4500 seat arena. Bravo
                    yeesh..take a chill pill. *********.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

no clue
                      Thank you, Mr. Obvious.

Did that make you feel better asking that though?
                      Curiously, I am left unsated.

The zebras should ref the game so to equal the penalties??
                      Where did the word "should" appear in my post?

Wait a minute!!! You aren't trying to think are you? Without a net? Remember the last time you tried that?

mmmykay, what ever you say.
                      Yes, ma'am.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                        Collier is a liability. I don't know why they like him
                        so much. Patrick Schule should be dressing over him.
                        I'm liking this kid Shea a lot. Reminds me of Duncan Keith with more of an edge. I'd like to see them put him on the PP.

Collier runs hot and cold. He knows his role; he's obviously well liked which is probably the reason he has an "A"...
                        Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 10-16-2016, 07:20 AM.

Comment

I'd be happier if they hadn't fallen asleep in the 2nd period. I put that on the coaches...even they had seemed to have fallen asleep. This is D1 there's skill. The shorty was ugly and once again on the shoulders of #14 but the back check was horrible. Bad line change.

I'll note that Fillipe was called for the SAME move last night as he was Friday. I just don't get how shrugging the puck carrier off and stealing the puck is "interference".

Owens...same call as well...unless NCAA wants to start at the Squirt level imbuing in defensmen that they cannot go hips to gloves against the boards with their stick on the inside then this call makes 0 sense.
                          Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 10-16-2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

..agree on the shortie well as the 2nd. But.. also good to see the powerplay come alive.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

yeesh..take a chill pill. *********.
                              i know dude. I'm a fan of the Huskies , always have been and those of you that have been here a while know i have a great affinity for NU. Some of you are just way too sensitive. It started as a statement of fact then the newbie got his panties in a bunch so............anyway, best of luck going forward. You guys are going to have to take the evil empire down because i don't think my alma mater has it in them this year. GO NU!

Comment

Some schools don't even hold ceremonies after winning a regular season title...see Providence
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X