This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    so i didn't read any of your thread except for this page but i have a relative in the NU athletic dept and i was just told that Madigan's record vs Bentley is now 0-4-1 after tonight's 1-1 tie. Can that actually be true?
    Yup, the Falcons were going for five in a row against the Huskies, but spent way too much time in the pbox tonight.

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

I should just not watch this team before November anymore.

Comment

good back & forth gm.. NU should have had this one but the Bentley goalie (Argue).. very good.

We still dont have a powerplay.. and need to work on it. Coukd have put the gm away in regulation or especially OT with effective PP.
        Hope no NU suspensions at end of gm as things got a bit rough.. i thought their goalie instigated it.
        Well a tie is better than a L. Lets regroup & get it headed in right direction tomorrow. Go NU.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

also want to add.. Filipe looked good.. Gaudette's got to get his groove back a bit & overall team forecheck looks good as well. They got to watch those drop passes on the powerplay or we'll give up some shorties galore again.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            Well a tie is better than a L. Lets regroup & get it headed in right direction tomorrow. Go NU.
            youze played Bentley ! You are the HE defending champs now act like it..........A tie IS a loss, just sayin................... you get to raise a legit banner tomorrow night so it would be nice to beat Bentley for a change. Its a fast ball right down the middle now go hit it.

Comment

actually a tie is a tie. They are not a bad team. Their goaltending is stellar.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

also, its early in the season.. hopefully team will click and get things going.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Maybe a Hockey East team can beat an AHA team this year...crossing my fingers
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

actually a tie is a tie. They are not a bad team. Their goaltending is stellar.
                    Any comment about the game has to include the absolutely moronic officiating. Yes. Bentley hooked, grabbed, obstructed and 90% of the calls were legit. Only two calls that I saw on NU were legit - Cockerill and ZAR's trip - which probably saved a goal - the calls on Owens and Jozifek were bush. The calls absolutely killed the flow of the game.

From where I uncomfortably sat, the goalie was the difference. IF anyone was listening or watching was their goal tipped? I think it was but they announced the shooter as the scorer. Frankly was not all that impressed with Bentley...was impressed with how NU came out flying...physical...pressing but Argue really deflated them and they came out in the 2nd pretty flat.

I'll note that the first unit was switched up with Williams and Sikura reunited with the Big Line.

Now, if he could only end his obsession with Cockerill and try Shea on the point. I've been very impressed with his play. Moves the puck well...has a good hard and, more importantly, accurate shot and takes very little chances. Cockerill played his usual insipid game of turnover and flat feet which was, of course, rewarded with even more ice time...
                    Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 10-15-2016, 10:22 AM.

Comment

also want to add.. Filipe looked good.. Gaudette's got to get his groove back a bit & overall team forecheck looks good as well. They got to watch those drop passes on the powerplay or we'll give up some shorties galore again.
                      He missed a wide open net on a perfect deke and then feed from ZAR and had a near disastrous turnover in the 2nd and ended up in chateau bow bow for a bit, I believe. He needs to pick it up. He's a draft pick and will watched every night.

Comment

good back & forth gm.. NU should have had this one but the Bentley goalie (Argue).. very good.

We still dont have a powerplay.. and need to work on it. Coukd have put the gm away in regulation or especially OT with effective PP.
                        Hope no NU suspensions at end of gm as things got a bit rough.. i thought their goalie instigated it.
                        I thought that the top unit generated a lot of net buzz and shots...happy to see that they've put ZAR in front and high slot again...goalie was up to just about every task...

Their goalie took a tomhawk chop at ZAR for his shooting the puck after the buzzer. ZAR responded by knocking the mask off Argue who then rabbit punched ZAR when he was grabbed by Buchanon (sp).

Ever see this?

https://youtu.be/RqKLIvsnH9I

Or this?

https://youtu.be/NIutiRcO57A

Tough kid...

Comment

90% of calls against bentley were correct. But only two against nu were correct. Got it.

Comment

Excluding the end of the game.

The two calls on Owes were horrible if we're going to start calling hooking for every time defenseman ties up an opponent then hockey games are going to take longer than baseball. The call on Filipe was, as far as I could tell, for stealing the puck from the Bentley player. An element of interference is not making a play on the puck. The call on Jozifek was ridiculous...his stick was down and he tried to roll around the player to get the puck...if that's a cross-check then the defintion has been changed...

I was at the game. Were you?

Comment

..i dont think their goal was tipped.. from what i caught.. actually think Ruck was screened inadvertently by one of our defenders. Kinda just flopped/ sailed in. The call on Felipe was a non call. I think sometimes these guys need to even things up & that one.. was that.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                90% of calls against bentley were correct. But only two against nu were correct. Got it.
                                GR8 actually has a point in terms of the larger issue of number of penalties and especially the number of marginal penalties being called. If you take a look at the box scores from around the country for the first two weeks of competition, it's apparent that significantly more penalties are being called in the three eastern conferences than are being called in the three western conferences. Something is definitely out-of-sync.

One thing I can tell you for sure is that the last people to yell at about all of the seemingly chippy calls are the referees. They have to call the games the way the leagues that employ them want them called. If they don't call them, they don't get games. Simple as that.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X