X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Linked to Kummins' article via yours... Dennehy must have been watching a different game on Saturday...first goal was off of a rebound...second goal was bad 5 hole protection by Vogler and the 3rd goal was a great pass by Stevens to ZAR followed by a great individual effort by ZAR...

Comment

Discussion among the 3 bloggers: compare the forward lines for next year as they hinge on early departures.

No departures:
      Sikura-Gaudette-Stevens
      Hawkins-Filipe-Pec
      Joz-Solow-Griffin
      Schule-Schultz-Goldstein
      Selanne, Lerario, Picking

Sikura/Gaudette both leave:

Hawkins-Filipe-Stevens
      Jozefek-Solow-Pecararo
      Griffin-Schultz-Schule
      Goldstein-Picking-Selanne
      Lerario

If they stay, I feel really good about the team next year. If they leave, not only are we down in the body count, but goal scoring takes a big hit too
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

I still think that's a solid top 9 without them.

Of course, we also thought we had forward depth this year, and we all know how that turned out.

Comment

Discussion among the 3 bloggers: compare the forward lines for next year as they hinge on early departures.

No departures:
          Sikura-Gaudette-Stevens
          Hawkins-Filipe-Pec
          Joz-Solow-Griffin
          Schule-Schultz-Goldstein
          Selanne, Lerario, Picking

Sikura/Gaudette both leave:

Hawkins-Filipe-Stevens
          Jozefek-Solow-Pecararo
          Griffin-Schultz-Schule
          Goldstein-Picking-Selanne
          Lerario

If they stay, I feel really good about the team next year. If they leave, not only are we down in the body count, but goal scoring takes a big hit too
          Stevens was offered but did not accept a redshirt...that could mean nothing...but it makes me skeptical about his return next year...he showed very well at the Blues' camp and they don't have a lot in the system...

I'd be surprised if Sikura leaves...Rockford is scratching guys who would be getting minutes in just about every other system and Chicago, who is up against cap with only 43 contracts and no big pending departures, owns him until next year...

Gaudette, IMHO, is a better than even money bet to return...Vancouver is never in rush to sign guys...even less so a 5th rounder...he may return to NU for his senior season in an effort to get out of 5th round money...
          Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 01-23-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
            Stevens was offered but did not accept a redshirt...that could mean nothing...but it makes me skeptical about his return next year...he showed very well at the Blues' camp and they don't have a lot in the system...

I'd be surprised if Sikura leaves...Rockford is scratching guys who would be getting minutes in just about every other system and Chicago, who is up against cap with only 43 contracts and no big pending departures, owns him until next year...

Gaudette, IMHO, is a better than even money bet to return...Vancouver is never in rush to sign guys...even less so a 5th rounder...he may return to NU for his senior season in an effort to get out of 5th round money...
            Going off of information posted on DieHardDogs, it sounds as if Nolan is expected back next year as well. The same person also implied Sikura is expected back, as you did. Gaudette, I figured VAN wouldn't rush to sign him, what with the rebuild and such. If they both return, plus Nolan, there will likely be some preseason hype (again). But that's to worry about in the offseason .
            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• I'm still hopeful for this season.
              Lowell on Fri.. what are our chances. Providence just swept 'em, ..they will be looking to rebound from that.

Hope Coaches have team ready. Riverhawks having another strong season ..barring this past wknd.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Going off of information posted on DieHardDogs, it sounds as if Nolan is expected back next year as well.
                Refusing a red-shirt is a red flag to me...I'm hoping that he will return and thus crossed are my fingers...

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                  Refusing a red-shirt is a red flag to me...I'm hoping that he will return and thus crossed are my fingers...
                  He might just not want to be here for 5 years, so if he planned on always doing 4 the redshirt wouldn't fit his situation. His plan could have been be at NU for 4 years, get degree, and leave then, which he can do without redshirting. He may not see aa benefit of an additional year. Again, we don't know.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                    He might just not want to be here for 5 years, so if he planned on always doing 4 the redshirt wouldn't fit his situation. His plan could have been be at NU for 4 years, get degree, and leave then, which he can do without redshirting. He may not see aa benefit of an additional year. Again, we don't know.
                    makes sense.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

If Nolan has his degree after 4 years and has hopes of a pro career, staying for a 5th year vs. turning pro makes no sense. In order to stay he would have to take graduate courses - probably not what he has in mind. Furthermore, he seems to have set himself a goal of being able be able to play again this year. Let's hope he achieves that goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
                        If Nolan has his degree after 4 years and has hopes of a pro career, staying for a 5th year vs. turning pro makes no sense. In order to stay he would have to take graduate courses - probably not what he has in mind. Furthermore, he seems to have set himself a goal of being able be able to play again this year. Let's hope he achieves that goal.
                        What is the latest on Nolan's prospects of returning sometime soon?
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          I believe next weekend is the target? Madigan mentioned something in a recent post game presser about 2-3 weeks.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

The 2-3 weeks was on Friday. So that would mean he's probably missing the fiirst games against Lowell and UMass. Lowell 2/Umass 2/Beanpot are when we start to wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                              Still Beanpot...not cleared for contact...still in a Touch Me Not jersey...

Comment

Info on recruit Jordan Harris:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...s-hunter-mccoy
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X