This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NUHusky1974 View Post
    Ruck was solid, as was the PP. But I'm not sure this game was about what Northeastern did as opposed to what Merrimack didn't. It just never seemed like Merrimack wanted to work hard enough to score goals. Oh well, hopefully that continues tomorrow night!
    ..true. also our forecheck looked off all night. kids also overreacting on penalties.. especially to start the game. we spotted them a few last night. just keep your heads cool guys and skate hard 5x5. you can win tonight, but only with discipline and full 60. no slow starts.
    Go NU
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Good win at home. It's past time for the first league road win. Here's hoping it gets done tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUHusky1974 View Post
        Ruck was solid, as was the PP. But I'm not sure this game was about what Northeastern did as opposed to what Merrimack didn't. It just never seemed like Merrimack wanted to work hard enough to score goals. Oh well, hopefully that continues tomorrow night!
        Recurring problem for Merrimack this year and basically the past few seasons..

Comment

• much closer affair (as expected).. tonight.
          hopefully the team can come away with points.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• powerplay seems to be clicking for both teams tonight.. yikes.. discipline NU!..
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Filipe continues to impress and grow. Gonna be a force for NU in the playoff stretch and the next 2-3 years
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• 3 pp goals for the Huskies this far tonight.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

1st 4 point weekend with 2 road points, I am not going to critique any of it as many of you prior have done a great job in this regard. That said RR had his best back to back since February 2016. We need to take some points down the stretch and into the BP. Hopefully we can build on this, the team is more talented than 9th place.

Comment

• Zar with point # 40 or 41 for the season.. including his 22nd? G..

Nice!.. keep it going.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      Zar with point # 40 or 41 for the season.. including his 22nd? G..

Nice!.. keep it going.
                      Sikura now in the top 5 point scorers nationally as well. Pretty impressive that ZAR and Sikura haven't played together much and both still have those numbers. Normally teammates that are that high on the scoring list are on the same line. As frustrating as much of this season has been, 12, 9 and 8 are so much fun to watch.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                        Sikura now in the top 5 point scorers nationally as well. Pretty impressive that ZAR and Sikura haven't played together much and both still have those numbers. Normally teammates that are that high on the scoring list are on the same line. As frustrating as much of this season has been, 12, 9 and 8 are so much fun to watch.
                        +1
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I was thinking that, but they're on the same PP unit, so I bet more of their points intersect than you would expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                            I was thinking that, but they're on the same PP unit, so I bet more of their points intersect than you would expect.
                            long as Ruck can continue to improve just a bit.. keep it together back there.. we'll take 'em however we can get 'em.

Huskies needed that wknd. will have to be that much sharper (and disciplined) versus Lowell. Go NU
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Our recap: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...adam-gaudette/
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                                Filipe continues to impress and grow. Gonna be a force for NU in the playoff stretch and the next 2-3 years
                                I agree...he came back with a solid game Saturday after what I thought was a sub-par effort Friday...Stevens' line v. Merrimack's was a battle royale both nights...very hard nosed hockey...especially Saturday on the smaller ice...ZAR left tattoos all over the ice Saturday...

Secondary scoring was a plus...Ruck was solid...challenging shooters...actually controlling his rebounds...

Comment

Working...
                                X